Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

SBF Is On "Vacation"

Thread Hell

Old 09-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

SBF Is On "Vacation"

Normally we don't announce when we have banned someone, but I thought this one merited some explanation.

Look, we discussed with SBF several times behind close doors not to air his complaints in public like that, and that we couldn't have a different set of rules for him. Yet time after time he wanted things only his way. Personally, I don't care if he calls me a jerk all day. But as a mod, I have to see to it that he's not doing that to everyone else. Because others here may be bothered by him (and I know a lot are) but are reluctant to do anything because they're not moderators.

With all that in mind, we've given SBF a two week ban from the site. Because the rules are the same for everyone. He was given repeated warnings about publicly calling us jerks and Nazis for the past year but scoffed at every warning. If we let him get away with it, we might as well let everyone and it would make for a terrible site. Clearly, SBF is more sensitive than others and can give but won't take and truthfully that's just not going to work on this, or any, site. No one said mean things to him ever, yet he did to us and expected apologies from each of us. It's up to each of you, but I personally don't believe any of us owe him any apology of any sort

So anyhow, just wanted to explain to the entire Warpath community what has gone down and why the Front Office made its decision. Really, if any of you ever has a problem with any of the mods or another member or anything on the site, always PM one of us and let's handle it internally first.

That is all, if any other moderators want to chime in please do so.

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2006, 12:01 AM   #2
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

The only thing that really gets to me is how he has/is gone through so many differnent things in life; to let just a little joke bother him so much, all the time. I mean I understand when people strike a nerve and it happens once and you make up and apologize, but he does this ALL the time. I stand by the call, but what does everyone else think? Are we jumping the gun, or do you guys agree?
Old 09-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #3
dblanch66
The Starter

I'm in agreement. I made a harmless country music joke a while back and he and another "sensitive" member became very personal and judgemental. Glad he's gone.
Good job mods.
Dallas Sucks.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch66 View Post
Dallas Sucks.
I think dallas blows and you're a jerk for using the word suck!

Okay, I'm sorry about that, I think to make up for it I will not post again until Sunday. Actually, I'll be in a tent in the middle of VA until then, but still.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:49 AM   #5
jamf
Pro Bowl

Like it or not, We are all part of this little community. I hope we see him back.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:22 AM   #6
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

I'll miss the pictures.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:11 AM   #7
FRPLG
MVP

I wish it hadn't come to this because I am sure that he'll be gone foreverenow and I genuinely think he brings a lot to the site. But I also think it was the right call. I don't know about any of the behind the scenes action but I have been around long enough to have a pretty good feel for the personalities of our mods and everyone of them seems pretty fair and straight foward. I can't imagine SBF wasn't treated with as much respect as possible and yet he clearly didn't want to understand people's position and admit he might be at fault.

I hope he thinks about it and realizes what went down wasn't about some dislike of him or some vendetta but was because of his misdeeds. And I hope he comes back and can apologize and move on like all this never happened.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:17 AM   #8
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

We hope the same FRPLG. I'll just say there have been other members who have taken a breather, and have come back better than ever before. Hopefully the same will happen here. I think you all know we don't go around just randomly banning people, especially long-time members.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:17 AM   #9
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
The only thing that really gets to me is how he has/is gone through so many differnent things in life; to let just a little joke bother him so much, all the time. I mean I understand when people strike a nerve and it happens once and you make up and apologize, but he does this ALL the time. I stand by the call, but what does everyone else think? Are we jumping the gun, or do you guys agree?
The only thing that really made me mad was his whole "advice from a 20 year" thing. I can't stand when people wont listen to someone and have no real reason why. He didn't agree with you so to discount you he made some crack about age. That pissed me off.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #10
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I bet he's got the biggest BBQ sandwich ever waiting to drop on TAFKAS's head!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:53 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

I can probably count on one hand how many times we've banned someone around here. And I'm talking about legit bans, not spammers or fans of other teams that come on and start ranting a bunch of nonsense.

It's something I really hate to do, but in this case I feel it was justified. It comes down to something very simple, respect. On several occassions he's been very disrespectful to the mods and other members. That's just not acceptable.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:59 AM   #12
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

I was going to stay out of it but i must say he had it coming.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #13
12thMan
MVP

I guess it's the right thing, I did think he took things a little out of context. But then again, I'm not sitting in his seat so I have no idea how he rationalizes things and what plucks a nerve with him. But you can't just start calling people Nazis, not even joking.

With that being said, I still consider him a part of this community, and I think it would a good idea to actually have someone reach out to him after the ban is over. I know this site means a lot to that guy, and maybe he would reconsider his actions and re-join us.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:50 AM   #14
davy
Impact Rookie

Seems harsh to me. I spent quite a while looking through his recent posts and couldn't find anything worthy of a ban. There is something wrong when genuine Redskins fans are being banned while moronic Cowboys fans have free rein.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:55 AM   #15
12thMan
MVP

Well, Davy..I agree with that statement. However, and I'm not speaking on behalf of the Mods here, you can't call people Nazis. You just can't.