Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Josh Johnson Named Tampa Bay Quarterback

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Josh Johnson Named Tampa Bay Quarterback

Biggs: Josh Johnson named QB in Tampa | National Football Post

So we may be 1-5 against rookie QBs in the last five years, but Josh Johnson is actually a second year player! So we should be good.

Right?

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Re: Josh Johnson Named Tampa Bay Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Biggs: Josh Johnson named QB in Tampa | National Football Post

So we may be 1-5 against rookie QBs in the last five years, but Josh Johnson is actually a second year player! So we should be good.

Right?
He probably counts as a 'snub'. I think Vinnius passed him over for Brooks. Are the Redskins 0-for-something against this?
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

Damn it does not take long for even first year head coaches to make changes at the qb position in order to produce more offense. Maybe Zorn needs to follow the same. With Collins I think he does reads the field much better than Campbell. I'm tired of receivers streaking wide open and he throws dumb off passes to his backs. I believe Campbell is the real reason our receivers are not having a lot passes and that our o-line looks horrible. Campbell holds the ball to long for an offense that is supposed to be quick striking. Although I believe Campbell is not the only problem he is part of the problem with Zorn's offense.
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
GridIron26
Playmaker

Stafford threw threw 241 yards and 1 TD against our defense, it's his first best game, against us..... If our defense plays like yesterday, expect Johnson to have similar stats..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor View Post
Damn it does not take long for even first year head coaches to make changes at the qb position in order to produce more offense. Maybe Zorn needs to follow the same. With Collins I think he does reads the field much better than Campbell. I'm tired of receivers streaking wide open and he throws dumb off passes to his backs. I believe Campbell is the real reason our receivers are not having a lot passes and that our o-line looks horrible. Campbell holds the ball to long for an offense that is supposed to be quick striking. Although I believe Campbell is not the only problem he is part of the problem with Zorn's offense.
Johnson is 24. Collins is 38.

Biiiiig Difference. This would be more along the lines of putting Colt out there to get his ass kicked for 5 weeks, and then just drafting someone else with the first round pick anyway.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Stafford threw threw 241 yards and 1 TD against our defense, it's his first best game, against us..... If our defense plays like yesterday, expect Johnson to have similar stats..
In all honesty, Johnson is likely better than Stafford. Not just at at the current moment, but as a prospect.

Johnson doesn't have the arm to make all the throws, but accuracy is his game. I think he projects as a better version of Seneca Wallace.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
44Deezel
The Starter

We'll make a star out of him. Just like we do with every other inexperienced, mistake-prone QB we face.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Fail.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
redsk1
The Starter

Mark it down, if we lose to Josh Johnson at home you can be sure we'll have another coach in week 5.

I was just about to type that we're not going to lose...but I can't be sure of that. I don't think we'll lose.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Both Leftwich and Johnson are keeping the seat warm until Josh Freeman is ready to rock and roll. At this point for the Bucs, that could be sooner rather than later.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
He probably counts as a 'snub'. I think Vinnius passed him over for Brooks. Are the Redskins 0-for-something against this?
Johnson was selected long before Brooks. Redskins were high on JJ, but weren't going to take him as high as he went
Old 09-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #12
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

Hopefully we can pressure him.. I hope Blanche realizes that its not preseason anymore and he can stop running the vanilla defense.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Mark it down, if we lose to Josh Johnson at home you can be sure we'll have another coach in week 5.

I was just about to type that we're not going to lose...but I can't be sure of that. I don't think we'll lose.
K I marked it down, JUST like I marked it down when people were saying that if we lost to the Lions, Zorn was gone Monday.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #14
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Going to Collins is throwing in the towel for the season. Going to a 38 year old career backup is not going to save the Redskin's season or do anything for the future of the franchise. Rodney Harrison claimed that Jason Campbell is nothing more than a backup quarterback. Well, Collins has proven his is nothing more than a backup quarterback his whole career. If the Redskins are going to make a change, I would rather see them try a younger player. I'm still scratching my head on why Chase Daniel was not retained when Colt was placed on injured reserve.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #15
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

In other Florida QB news...Chad Pennington reportedly done for the year