Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth benched by Zorn Trouble on the Horizon?

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
warpaint
The Starter

Haynesworth upset with Zorn uncertain for Giants game.

Redskins’ Haynesworth May Not Play Against Giants, Upset with Zorn?
By Chuck Carroll
Football News Now Staff Writer
December 16, 2009

Albert Haynesworth
Albert Haynesworth may not be in the lineup for the Washington Redskins this week against the New York Giants after all.

When asked whether he will be able to play this week Haynesworth responded rather briskly to Chris Russell of 106.7 The Fan in Washington, DC.

“No comment. Ask Zorn,” the defensive tackle said sharply.

Russell speculated that the comments could be interpreted as spiteful towards head coach Jim Zorn, but pointed out that there weren’t known conflicts between Haynesworth and Zorn in the past. His comment doesn’t necessarily mean that there will be one now.

Hayesworth has been out of action with a sprained ankle as of late.

Mike Sellers won’t practice today, but expects to be able to go Saturday for Monday’s game against the Giants.

So is Zorn making the right move by pulling the trigger so fast, why would he make this move if he has took so long with ARE. Big Al is a monster on gameday so why this move.

Last edited by warpaint; 12-17-2009 at 12:43 AM. Reason: My first title misleading
Old 12-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Haynesworth benched by Zorn Trouble on the Horizon?

Interesting; would love to hear more.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
wolfeskins
The Starter

it might just be a case of where the player thinks he can play but the team doctor/ coaches want him to sit out because of the injury. maybe haynesworth wanted to play against the raiders but was told to sit, who knows.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

WTF? Zorn has to go!! I cant wait until he's gone..
Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #5
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Meh.. A story like this doesn't get past the Post and Times to some no name blogger somewhere. Something out of nothing likely and pure speculation. Even the 'source' said he was speculating.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Old 12-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
Big C
Mr. Brightside

theres not much information in there. either way does zorn even decides who starts on defense? doesnt blache have total autonomy?
Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

BTW, pretty irresponsible thread title as well. No evidence stating Haynesworth was benched or is even out for Monday night.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Old 12-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
BTW, pretty irresponsible thread title as well. No evidence stating Haynesworth was benched or is even out for Monday night.
seriously i thought there was some thing good here, kind of dissapointed

ST21
Old 12-16-2009, 11:26 PM   #9
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

There are plenty of other "rumblings" around the team and the league that Haynesworth and the coaching staff do not see eye to eye on lots of things.

I haven't spoken to any of the parties nor do I know anyone who has been in the middle of any player/coachexchanges, but the "rumor on the street" is that Haynesworth feels that he is entitled to play whenever he wants to - - he thinks he should decide whether or not he is in on a certain play or not.

If - - I said IF - - this situation boils over and the FO gets involved in it in even the tiniest way, watch this become a problem area for hiring a new coach or GM or President of Football or whatever in the off-season. No new coach who has a Super Bowl ring is going to come here and take gas from an "entitled player" who has had the backing of the FO/owner.

This is a trivial matter only if it is a bunch of made-up nonsense. If it on point, this is a big deal. Remember Haynesworth has $42M guaranteed coming to him...
Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #10
warpaint
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Change the title I dont mind. I just seen this and put out there to hear what had to be said. The guy named the station and the guy so I figured where there is smoke there is fire. I was wondering why it wasnt on here because nothing gets by The Warpath.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #11
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
[IMG]

“No comment. Ask Zorn,” the defensive tackle said sharply.

Russell speculated that the comments could be interpreted as spiteful towards head coach Jim Zorn, but pointed out that there weren’t known conflicts between Haynesworth and Zorn in the past. His comment doesn’t necessarily mean that there will be one now.

Hayesworth has been out of action with a sprained ankle as of late.

Mike Sellers won’t practice today, but expects to be able to go Saturday for Monday’s game against the Giants.

So is Zorn making the right move by pulling the trigger so fast, why would he make this move if he has took so long with ARE. Big Al is a monster on gameday so why this move.
maybe zorn is sticking to the "if you don't practice you don't play" mind set

and mabye it is what it is...speculation

while it would be nice if he practiced more, nt is one of those positions where you can kind of get away w/o practicing, all he really needs to do is get fat and happy and eat nachos

ST21
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

Sounds like a whole lot of nothing. They took one comment and ran with it. Ridiculous.

Back to the real world: Redskins Insider - Haynesworth, Hall, Sellers still 'up in the air'
Old 12-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #13
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Sounds like a whole lot of nothing. They took one comment and ran with it. Ridiculous.

Back to the real world: Redskins Insider - Haynesworth, Hall, Sellers still 'up in the air'
so now it is halls ankle? i thought it was his knee and back, is he gonna play this week? wtf, we are really gonna need hime these last few weeks to dissapoint some teams

ST21
Old 12-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #14
SkinEmAll
Special Teams

wow yeah pretty lame, alot to do with NOTHING! can someone plz change the title or close this nonsense.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:42 AM   #15
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Nothin to see here I reckon. My guess...Albert wants to play in this game because his debut as a Skin, against the Gmen, wasn't especially impressive. He'd like to come out and add something to the rivalry, if we can call be dominated by a superior franchise a rivalry. Zorn and the staff probably see little reason to push an injured player onto the field. So what? There will be changes within the franchise that greatly overshadow this issue before it could really amount to much.