SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Locker to Washington

Locker is going back to Washington for his senior season. No link yet
Old 12-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Locker to Washington

good move for him. he needs another year w/ Steve. S.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
johno
Impact Rookie

espn just made it official. hes going back to school.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
Larry Michael is Satan
Special Teams

Locker was very likely going to be the first QB off the board. Now Clausen is the first. Hopefully, this could end up meaning Clausen WON'T be there when we pick!
Larry Michael is Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Feel free to cast you vote on whether it was a smart decision.

rumorsandreports.com

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
Big C
Mr. Brightside

locker could have been a high pick this year, but imo it would have taken him several years to be an effective nfl qb. this move is kind of confusing though. hes not on scholarship anymore because he signed a minor league baseball contract, so he is paying his own way through. it seems a little risky for him to stay, but cant fault a guy for wanting an education and to play another year of college football.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
locker could have been a high pick this year, but imo it would have taken him several years to be an effective nfl qb. this move is kind of confusing though. hes not on scholarship anymore because he signed a minor league baseball contract, so he is paying his own way through. it seems a little risky for him to stay, but cant fault a guy for wanting an education and to play another year of college football.
some one called into lavar and dukes and said he got $300k for a signing bonus, take that for what it's worth

and i think it is a good move on his part, washington is just starting to turn it around and he has a helluva coach to learn from one more year, granted he might not get as big of a contract next year as he might this year, but hopefully his mindset isn't just signing a big rookie contract but instead being a productive nfl qb over a career

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
I don't understand that thought. He stays in college and blows out his knee or arm and cannot play pro ball but he now has a degree. He goes to the pros signs a nice deal and blows out his knee but made one big pay day. Can he not now go back to finish college with a bum knee?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #9
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I don't understand that thought. He stays in college and blows out his knee or arm and cannot play pro ball but he now has a degree. He goes to the pros signs a nice deal and blows out his knee but made one big pay day. Can he not now go back to finish college with a bum knee?
like the old saying shit happens, you can't live life thinking about the what if's, botom line the kid is doing what HE wants to do and you can't fault him for that imo

ST21
Old 12-15-2009, 12:13 AM   #10
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quarterback Jake Locker to stay at Washington for senior year - NCAA Football - SI.com

hes staying......for now, after a good bowl game he can change his mind pretty quickly. Just as Kevin Smith(RB now for Detroit) did a few years ago.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Hope we draft dexter mccluster of ole miss in the mid rounds. He plays both WR and RB low 4.3 speed and can return punts/ kickoffs.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I'll just say: we're saved.

I'm not even being sarcastic. Locker going back to school is a great choice for his career, saves countless teams at the top of the draft another raw prospect that no one can develop but they all think they can, and also helps out us USC haters.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #13
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'll just say: we're saved.

I'm not even being sarcastic. Locker going back to school is a great choice for his career, saves countless teams at the top of the draft another raw prospect that no one can develop but they all think they can, and also helps out us USC haters.
yes

hell yes, they finished 6th in the pac-10 this year

ST21
Old 12-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #14
53Fan
Franchise Player

If Locker stays injury free, he should come out more NFL ready next year. From what I understand Washington played more of a pro style offense this year and another year would help him become more polished. He could be the #1 pick next year and have an easier transition to the pro game. He's been compared to a bigger, stronger Steve Young by some.