Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Our next coach??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Our next coach??

I know we all tend to disagree quite a bit, but one thing i think we all agree on is that zorn will be gone at the end of the year. I'm just wondering what route would be the best way to go to find a new head coach. do you think we should go after a big name caoch who is currently unemployed by a team in the nfl like shannahan, gruden, ect.? go after an offensive or defensive cordinator from a proven winning team like the steelers, colts, ect.? or go after a college coach with a great record like brian kelly, les miles, etc.? i honestly can't decide we have tried all so far and they have all failed, so what do we do this time?

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
12thMan
MVP

Re: Our next coach??

As odd as it might sound, I don't think Zorn's fate is sealed just yet.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I agree...that's why he still wears the headset during games.

His current services as drive-thru attendent at the FedEx Johnny Rockets is invaluable.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
I agree...that's why he still wears the headset during games.

His current services as drive-thru attendent at the FedEx Johnny Rockets is invaluable.
Maybe Snyder will give him some roller skates so he can apply at Sonic
Old 11-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jon Gruden
Old 11-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Yep, that sounds real odd. Zorns fate has been sealed. He apparently will survive through the season if hes lucky. But hes already a dead man walking. He been stripped of about every ounce of dignity he ever had.

IF he makes it until season end. HE WILL GET A ONE WAY PASS OUTTA THE NATIONS CAPITAL!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Maybe Snyder will give him some roller skates so he can apply at Sonic
Or a low cut shirt and some skimpy orange shorts for a new Hooters at FedEx.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

At this point I only want a coach that has won a superbowl. No more offensive coordinators, college or QB coaches. The only exception I'll make is Russ Grimm.
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #9
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Maybe our new GM will pick the coach
Old 11-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #10
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Good question. In regards to the issue of Zorn?....unless he has kept his system under wraps and he breaks all hell lose and the Skins end the season with a winning record 10-6, he's done. Cooked. Stick a fork in him. I think we all know Zorn cannot fix this problem that VC created over time. Unfortunatly both are tied together.

We have tried the new up and coming OC when we plucked Norv from Dallas. We tried the big name in Marty, but didn't give it a chance. We tried the college coach in Spurrier, but we pick a gimmick system. We tried going old school/big name again in Gibbs. We tried someone people said would be another good up and commer in Zorn.

Basically our problem is Cerrato. Our secondary problem is picking someone who was not ready to be a HC and not allowing them to essemble their team of coach's to make the scheme work. The obvious is we need a decent an upgrade at GM. Either young or old and proven we need an upgrade. DS needs to allow the GM to conduct interviews with coach's in the system he understands so he can help pick players for that system from the draft. Then we need to allow the HC to collect his own staff. I know DS will be spending more money in order to accomplish this task but with out everyone on the same page we will go no further then we have been.

I think everyone would love to have a young talented qualified GM to make this a great team for yrs to come. A HC who is young who can build this team from the ground up to fit his system. And....young talented players who are healthy, faster, and stronger who will not be sitting on the bench taking up space trying to get healthy all the time.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #11
mlmdub130
Playmaker

^^ i agree i just hope we get a new gm cause even if we lose out and zorn is gone vinny could come back he was hired after marty went 8-3 to close out his season after firing vinny, that said i think so far our best coaches were gibbs and marty i think marty had the most promise look at the list of starters he had, thats why i kinda think it would be good to go with a proven head coach and i would have to take gruden over eveyone else because i think being younger is a big factor we need someone for what will hopefully be a long term hc like a minimum of 6-7 years and it's said to consider that long term but for us that really is

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #12
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Get marty!!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #13
Bill B
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Good question. In regards to the issue of Zorn?....unless he has kept his system under wraps and he breaks all hell lose and the Skins end the season with a winning record 10-6, he's done. Cooked. Stick a fork in him. I think we all know Zorn cannot fix this problem that VC created over time. Unfortunatly both are tied together.

We have tried the new up and coming OC when we plucked Norv from Dallas. We tried the big name in Marty, but didn't give it a chance. We tried the college coach in Spurrier, but we pick a gimmick system. We tried going old school/big name again in Gibbs. We tried someone people said would be another good up and commer in Zorn.

Basically our problem is Cerrato. Our secondary problem is picking someone who was not ready to be a HC and not allowing them to essemble their team of coach's to make the scheme work. The obvious is we need a decent an upgrade at GM. Either young or old and proven we need an upgrade. DS needs to allow the GM to conduct interviews with coach's in the system he understands so he can help pick players for that system from the draft. Then we need to allow the HC to collect his own staff. I know DS will be spending more money in order to accomplish this task but with out everyone on the same page we will go no further then we have been.

I think everyone would love to have a young talented qualified GM to make this a great team for yrs to come. A HC who is young who can build this team from the ground up to fit his system. And....young talented players who are healthy, faster, and stronger who will not be sitting on the bench taking up space trying to get healthy all the time.
SBXVII - your statement makes too much sense and most good teams follow this type of logic - but look at our past and I doubt it goes this way. I mean how many teams would pick the offensive coordinator first before hiring the head coach, and for that matter how many would already have a defensive coordinator in place - doesn't this kind of limit the type of head coaching applicants a team can obtain?

Also, if I remember correctly didn't Dan and Vinny interview the coaching canidates for some 16 hours or more - so now that we see the results of their extensive interviewing and personeel management analysis what does this say about the owner and his "super smart GM"?
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #14
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

I don't give a shit, as long as I get to see football next year, and the year after that. Whoever the coach is I just hope the team wins because you could bring Vince Lombardi back from the dead but if they win, then things will be fine. If you get my 1 1/2 year old son to be GM but if they don't win then the people will call for his head. If they somehow would become a winner then everyone will be drafting by who the toddler slobbers on first. I'm gonna wait to see what happens and then I'll get butt siced about the possibilities. I'll read all the articles on him building up my hope that he'll be the guy to take this team back to the Promised Land.

I would like Gruden just because he seems like he'd be fun to watch on TV. So would Brian Billick but he'd be too much of a dickhead because he'd have to prove that he's not being told what to do. Gruden is my pick, Russ Grimm my second. Kyle Shannahan is my sleeper. At the end of the day, I'll just wait til February when we hire our new GM and then HC.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #15
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
At this point I only want a coach that has won a superbowl. No more offensive coordinators, college or QB coaches. The only exception I'll make is Russ Grimm.

Russ Grimm has never won a Super Bowl as a coach. If you open up possibilities to players who have won a Super Bowl, you run the SERIOUS risk of getting a head coach who has never been a head coach before.

Does that sound familiar?

Coaches who have Super Bowl rings and are "out there" include:
Bill Cowher
Mike Shanahan
Mike Holmgren
Jon Gruden
Dick Vermeil
Brian Billick
Tony Dungy
Bill Parcells
George Seifert
Looking at that list, I'd guess Gruden, Billick and Seifert are the "most available"...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote