NFL Game Rewind

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
los panda
Pro Bowl

NFL Game Rewind

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages

has anyone used this service?

for $70, i'm thinking i can watch the commercial-free 'skins game immediately after snf (roughly 9pm pst) - "Sunday afternoon (1PM ET & 4pm ET) and Sunday night NFL games are available following the conclusion of the Sunday Night Football game telecast."

every one of our games is sunday afternoon besides week 12 (turkey @ dallas) and week 13 (mnf vs nyg), i'll be able to catch those live.

the all-22 seems cool, definitely will enjoy the '09-'11 season archives, and hell-my dad can use my account to watch his beloved browns in md.

any thoughts and feedback appreciated

Advertisements
Old 07-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: NFL Game Rewind

I have had that service, although without the new all-22 feature. If you can't do Sunday Ticket, it is the next best thing. A pro is that you can watch the game, even repeatedly, any time you wish after late Sunday. The picture quality is not great but it is not bad either. The con is that the game is not live (of course) and waiting until the Sunday night game ends to watch can be problematic for early Monday morning work.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I have had that service, although without the new all-22 feature. If you can't do Sunday Ticket, it is the next best thing. A pro is that you can watch the game, even repeatedly, any time you wish after late Sunday. The picture quality is not great but it is not bad either. The con is that the game is not live (of course) and waiting until the Sunday night game ends to watch can be problematic for early Monday morning work.
one advantage to the west coast, washington's midnight is my 9pm. the commercial-free games should trim a lot of the fat off the overall time.

i read about the quality a lot in reviews, it seems to be an issue. what kind of internet connection did you have while watching these games? i only have the 512 kbps-1 mbps verizon connection, i'm scared that it may not be enough.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
one advantage to the west coast, washington's midnight is my 9pm. the commercial-free games should trim a lot of the fat off the overall time.

i read about the quality a lot in reviews, it seems to be an issue. what kind of internet connection did you have while watching these games? i only have the 512 kbps-1 mbps verizon connection, i'm scared that it may not be enough.
Yeah, that speed may be a problem. I had 9 Mbps download speeds through cable and watched on a computer with an HD card and an i3 processor. I considered the quality acceptable - sometimes great, sometimes blurry. With 1 Mbps you'll be struggling. Maybe it still may be watchable.

NFL.com offers a preseason package which I use since I am out-of-area. It works basically the same way, with the same software, as Game Rewind. You could use it as a cheaper test-run.
We won more with Vinny
Old 07-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
30gut
Playmaker

I have DirecTV but I want to get this just b/c of the all 22
My wife will only let me get if I promise to write more articles though
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Yeah, that speed may be a problem. I had 9 Mbps download speeds through cable and watched on a computer with an HD card and an i3 processor. I considered the quality acceptable - sometimes great, sometimes blurry. With 1 Mbps you'll be struggling. Maybe it still may be watchable.

NFL.com offers a preseason package which I use since I am out-of-area. It works basically the same way, with the same software, as Game Rewind. You could use it as a cheaper test-run.
great minds think alike, it's $20 and refundable (same as game pass, within 7 days). i'll give it a whirl.

i mean i stream movies and shows from verizon online and have no problems w quality or buffering, i'm going to be optimistic about it. thanks for your feedback, lotus, much appreciated
Old 07-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

It's funny. The NFL commercial for this claims that they show these games in High Definition. So, is this actually not the case at all?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
It's funny. The NFL commercial for this claims that they show these games in High Definition. So, is this actually not the case at all?
I believe that the games are transmitted in HD, yes. But by the time the picture reaches you through the interwebs, there is some degradation. Some user-end connections are too slow to carry the weight of an HD data stream. And in my personal experience even with a fast user-end connection there are moments when the signal does look like HD and then moments when thinking in terms of HD is laughable.

At least part of this IMO is not the NFL's fault. I get the same experience watching shows from NBC.com and similar sites, for example. The internet still is not fully ready to handle lots of HD streaming.
We won more with Vinny
Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I believe that the games are transmitted in HD, yes. But by the time the picture reaches you through the interwebs, there is some degradation. Some user-end connections are too slow to carry the weight of an HD data stream. And in my personal experience even with a fast user-end connection there are moments when the signal does look like HD and then moments when thinking in terms of HD is laughable.

At least part of this IMO is not the NFL's fault. I get the same experience watching shows from NBC.com and similar sites, for example. The internet still is not fully ready to handle lots of HD streaming.
Yeah, it's still up to the user to have the right equipment and internet speed to get the full benefit.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
mredskins
Gamebreaker

It is kind of interesting to me because it is hard for me to watch 1 or 4 games because my kids are young and i rather spend the time with them now then watching a game. IT be great to catch the Skins after they go to bed but I guess i can just DVR it. The hard part in today's world it is impossible to not know the score.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
los panda
Pro Bowl

i went ahead with it, it's not bad. sometimes the picture is pixelated, i stream movies on verizon and on netflix, i never have any problems - i don't get it. they's don't have super bowl xxvi or xvii but they do have xxii
Old 08-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
It is kind of interesting to me because it is hard for me to watch 1 or 4 games because my kids are young and i rather spend the time with them now then watching a game. IT be great to catch the Skins after they go to bed but I guess i can just DVR it. The hard part in today's world it is impossible to not know the score.
I try to play w my kid during the game but it's crazy hard to keep a 3 year old occupied lol. Most of the time he'll chill and watch w me
Old 08-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #13
v8-7
Camp Scrub

I signed up for the $40 package as the playoffs will be on tv anyway .

I also got the $20 preseason deal.
v8-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8-7 View Post
I signed up for the $40 package as the playoffs will be on tv anyway .

I also got the $20 preseason deal.
I may have to do that for PS
Old 08-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #15
backrow
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
My kids are grown, gone, with our grandkids. The good news is we have all of the Norfolk/Va. Beach stations here in NE N.C. and get all of the B&G games on plain old Direct T.V. We just switched from Dish, but I did not get the NFL Package. I sleep many Sunday afternoons, and the past few years of Redskins FB just did not keep me awake. When you get older, you will understand about the sleep thing. Watching later on the DVR really speeds up the action and makes game watching time much shorter.