Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Giving props...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

Giving props...

This thread is all about giving props to players (other than the obvious choices like RG3 or Morris) that have really stepped up and made a difference this year.

Mine goes to Trent Williams with an honorable mention to Perry Riley.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Giving props...

Mine goes to Garcon. 5-1 when he's played. Plus that guy is so fast. Geez. Every week I'm awed.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Leonard Hankerson for having made key first down's on last 2 games winning drives.
Stephen Bowen for plugging the middle.
Kai Forbath for being perfect.
Lorenzo Alexander doing it all
Montgomery opening holes for Morris

So many players deserve props.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Mine goes to Garcon. 5-1 when he's played. Plus that guy is so fast. Geez. Every week I'm awed.
He's been an absolute stud these last 2 weeks. The foot must be feeling better. This offense could be downright scary with him and Davis back to 100% next year.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Mine goes to Paulsen. Dude has really came through big since he's been thrust into the starting spot. I don't think anybody expect him to contribute as much as he has.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Mine goes to Paulsen. Dude has really came through big since he's been thrust into the starting spot. I don't think anybody expect him to contribute as much as he has.
Paulsen is ok, but thats it IMO . . . last week he had 2 BAD penalties and 2 drops . . . he played horrible . . . notice it was Cooley that made the great block to open the lane for morris on that last play too . . .
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
Paulsen is ok, but thats it IMO . . . last week he had 2 BAD penalties and 2 drops . . . he played horrible . . . notice it was Cooley that made the great block to open the lane for morris on that last play too . . .
...and you forgot to mention all the huge plays he came up with? He had a drop in the Giants game, and turned around and made a incredible play to follow that up with diving and stretching the ball out for the first. (which was then won on a challenge by Mike)

C'mon man. Paulsen is a 3rd string TE out there moving the chains, and making huge plays when we need them. Sure he's no Fred Davis, but he's done more than I ever expected from him. He was contributing quite a bit when Garcon was out. (and he was starting) More than Niles Paul was, that much is sure. Nobody is saying he's a pro-bowler.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Cobra Kai Forbath
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Chris Chester

And I really think Morgan doesn't get enough credit for all the "little things" he does
Old 12-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #10
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Chris Chester

And I really think Morgan doesn't get enough credit for all the "little things" he does
My boy Morgan was a good signing even though he made that costly mistake against the Rams.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Joshua with the blocks!

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

TRENT WILLIAMS - best left tackle in the NFL, and if u don't think so tell me who is better right now? He shut down Ware and then shut down JPP and OSI.

P.G - he's a true stud when healthy, imagine what our record would be with him all year? 8-4 would be my guess.

D.Hall - I know he's the devil around here but he has played well lately.

STEPHEN BOWEN - just a very good player, does the dirty work well

Finally - Mike and Kyle for shutting me up and many others around here. They have my full support until they leave as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #13
saden1
MVP

Tyler Polumbus is legit...I really enjoyed seeing him mug Tuck all night. I think it's fair to say we have seen the last of Jammal in Redskins uniform.

Robinson gets props for burning and that dance in Dallas...stylin'on'em. Keep on vroom vrooming.

Moss, unsung hero...7 TDs and counting.

Forbath for sticking it between the polls all day every day. It's nice to have someone that can execute a FINISH HIM! move.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #14
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

Props:

* The Shanahans have, at this point, earned their rep as offensive masterminds. They created an "RG3 offense" that is not only perfectly tailored to help him as a rookie with limited decisions to make passing-wise, but one that keeps the defensive ends and middle linebackers baffled all game.

* Completely agree on Paulsen... he has played FAR better than expected.

* Riley too... It's good to know we have someone to step in for Fletch at some point and be decent.

* Trent Williams for apparently growing up a little and becoming our new Chris Samuels.

No Props:
It's funny you mention Polumbus because he is the one guy who I am shocked has an NFL job. If you truly watch him throughout the game, he completely whiffs on blocks and gets tossed around regularly.

Now, the Shanahans have been MASTERFUL at putting makeup on this in the form of the new pistol/east coast offense which is incredible at keeping the D-Ends from pinning their ears back, moving the pocket around on them, and wearing them out on stretch runs all game.

However, watch the next time we have to do "normal" passing plays if we are playing catch-up (5-7 step drop passing game)... Polumbus is a turn-style.

But hey... seriously I am not trying to hate... he is just the one guy that when I actually isolate and watch him, I want to throw my TV against the wall.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail to the Redskins View Post
Props:

* The Shanahans have, at this point, earned their rep as offensive masterminds. They created an "RG3 offense" that is not only perfectly tailored to help him as a rookie with limited decisions to make passing-wise, but one that keeps the defensive ends and middle linebackers baffled all game.

* Completely agree on Paulsen... he has played FAR better than expected.

* Riley too... It's good to know we have someone to step in for Fletch at some point and be decent.

* Trent Williams for apparently growing up a little and becoming our new Chris Samuels.

No Props:
It's funny you mention Polumbus because he is the one guy who I am shocked has an NFL job. If you truly watch him throughout the game, he completely whiffs on blocks and gets tossed around regularly.

Now, the Shanahans have been MASTERFUL at putting makeup on this in the form of the new pistol/east coast offense which is incredible at keeping the D-Ends from pinning their ears back, moving the pocket around on them, and wearing them out on stretch runs all game.

However, watch the next time we have to do "normal" passing plays if we are playing catch-up (5-7 step drop passing game)... Polumbus is a turn-style.

But hey... seriously I am not trying to hate... he is just the one guy that when I actually isolate and watch him, I want to throw my TV against the wall.
I read this after my OL props. I will agree to an extent. I don't watch Polumbus specifically but what I've noticed is the play action really helps our offense. We all know this but it seemed KS had gotten away from the stretch plays and had RG3 getting rushed on. Then after the bye week it seemed like the team went back to what worked in the first few games.

Play action
Stretch plays
Options plays

All these keep the defense honest allowing RG3 to work his magic.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote