Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot To Dallas??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-01-2005, 09:40 PM   #1
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Smoot To Dallas??

ESPN ARTICLE SAYS sMOOT COULD END UP IN DALLAS,THAT WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE,PLEASE NO GOD!!

4. CB Fred Smoot Redskins 4 Has matured markedly as a person and player over the last couple seasons. Aggressive ballhawk with superb instincts, will come up and support against the run.

Projected landing spot: Dallas, Seattle, N.Y. Giants.
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Re: Smoot To Dallas??

yea, Dallas definitly needs a corner. That doesnt mean that they have talked to Smoot or anything like that though.

But...if we dotn sign him, its technically a possability, although an unlikely one in my opinion
Old 03-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #3
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

If Smoot is a real Redskin at heart, then he won't go......

I'm feeling more optimistic about Smoot and Pierce now that Samuels contract is done.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #4
skin4Life28
Special Teams

Technically teams can't talk to free agents till 12:00 tonight. Of course they have already, but keep it low key. If Smoot went to Dallas I would never here the end of it from one of my friend's. I sure hope he doesn't end up in Dallas. I think if he does leave though he will want to go somewhere where he has a legit chance at a superbowl. I can't see him going to Seattle when they have Bobby Taylor and Marcus Trufant. That's why Ken Lucas is leaving. So all we can do is wait.
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:54 PM   #5
jacobyfan
Special Teams

Here's an idea! With our new cap money, instead of using it so we can trade or cut Coles, we can keep him and use the money to sign our own guys! Coles will be just fine if we can get Rabach and the blocking of our TEs improves. With Jansen back, the run game will open up and he'll be open more and further downfield.

If Smoot goes to Dallas or NY, I will throw up. I like how Pasta still is insistent that the Rolle rumor is true. We'll see soon enough whether he's a giant idiot or just a normal idiot.
jacobyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:55 PM   #6
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

Welcome to the Warpath Jacobyfan!
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:59 PM   #7
GoSkins!
The Starter

I have a feeling we will end up matching an offer for Smoot or just saying we will have to go with Walt Harris. After looking at that list, I don't see anyone I would rather have than Smoot. Hopefully Pierce and Smoot come back after they test the waters. I don't blame them for doing it. They should find out what they are worth and then let the Skins sign them to a fair contract. If they get ridiculous....... Gibbs has already made decisions on that.

Protect the team! (Which means: Lets not screw up our money like we did with Brunnel again)
Old 03-01-2005, 10:02 PM   #8
jacobyfan
Special Teams

Thanks Redskins_P. I've been reading this forum for a good while. Any other Nashville Skins fans here?
jacobyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #9
GoSkins!
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobyfan
Here's an idea! With our new cap money, instead of using it so we can trade or cut Coles, we can keep him and use the money to sign our own guys! Coles will be just fine if we can get Rabach and the blocking of our TEs improves. With Jansen back, the run game will open up and he'll be open more and further downfield.
Yeah. We would probably be better off financially to keep Coles and allocate him to the practice squad than if we released him. I wonder how much of a distraction that would be?:cheeky-sm
Old 03-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #10
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobyfan
We'll see soon enough whether he's a giant idiot or just a normal idiot.
lol, great first post, and welcome to the board... I agree with keeping our own and getting rabach and a blocking TE... neither one would break the bank, and after ssmoot + pierce, we should have enough to get a WR (either mason or TJ as insurance) and be happy to sit this dance out...

that'd let us go WR, then DE in the draft and be free to use the rest of our picks on backups and longshots...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:05 PM   #11
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins!
We would probably be better off financially to keep Coles and allocate him to the practice squad than if we released him.
he's played more than 2 years, he can't be put on the practice squad ... and you can't place him on IR without his consent either... but since this seems to be about money, i doubt he'll take games off if he wants to get paid.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:07 PM   #12
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

if he does go i will have to burn his jerseys on top my house
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:13 PM   #13
GoSkins!
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
he's played more than 2 years, he can't be put on the practice squad ... and you can't place him on IR without his consent either... but since this seems to be about money, i doubt he'll take games off if he wants to get paid.
Yeah... I was joking! (but I really didn't know about the 2 year rule).

I don't want Coles to be a distraction, and it would suck to build around a guy who wants to bail at his first chance. We can't do what we want to build the team if we have to take the cap hit to let him leave. The situation really bites. Maybe he will come around.

If not, I do remember 1 Keyshawn Johnson that was sent home for a period of time in Tampa....
Old 03-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #14
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

Smoot needs to come back. After Samuels restructure I think it is a good sign. We should just send Coles to nfl europe for trying to screw up our "quiet" offseason.
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #15
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

possible only an hour and a half till smoot is not a redskins anymore
i hope he agrees to come back but reports on espn say we want rolle even though we deny it.

Wow never thought of it that way
if we get rolle we will be better but will lack that spirit smoot brings, he will be missed but if he goes to dallas he is instantly an enemy! look at the projected places we play all of them!! that means we play smoot next year or he will be on our team
i hope it is at home i think the seahalks are at home and dallas and new york are in the division so he will be in Fed Ex field again!

Y did espn not put washington as a projected place for smoot but put the only projected place for rolle at the skins,most people have 3 or for projections and rolle has only us and smoot is not one with us and pierce is.

but if i had to choose pierce or smoot i would pick pierce but i am SURE that some disagree... hopefully it is just some
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote