Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Potomac River Poker Run 2004

Parking Lot

Old 06-12-2004, 09:23 AM   #1
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Potomac River Poker Run 2004

Today will be a beautiful day for a Boat Poker Run on the River and I'll be the Master of Ceremony all the way. How it works is people get cards at 5 stops along the River all day stopping in places for lunch and finishing at another place for dinner and awards. Your cards you have collected have been tabulated along the way and whoever has the best hand wins about $2,500. We also have a ton of raffle and just give away stuff. When we stop at each place there will be bands and food and I'll grab the mic and raise some hell then get back into some rich dewds million dollar go fast boat and off to the next place. Food, Beer, Sunny Skies, BIKINIS and oh yeah I get paid too.

http://www.potomacriverevents.com/2003pokerrun/
Those are a few pix from last year when we got caught in the rain.

Here is the HotBoat Magazine Poker Run we did with the HotBoat Babes.
http://www.potomacriverevents.com/2003hotboat/

Have a great day folks!
peace

Advertisements
Old 06-12-2004, 11:38 AM   #2
joecrisp
The Starter

Wow, SBF! Those boats are incredible! Looks like you guys have a ton of fun up there on the Potomac.

Growing up in Stafford, near King George County, my family used to go to Colonial Beach, Fairview Beach and Pope's Creek all the time. I remember Tim's II when it used to just be the Fairview Beach Crabhouse. There used to be a waterslide over there, and they rented out JetSkis right next to the crabhouse. I haven't been there in years, but it looks like business has picked back up. I know they went through some rough times for a while there.

It was cool to see a boat's perspective of the 301 bridge. My grandfather was a construction foreman, and the 301 bridge is one of the many structures throughout Virginia that he helped build. In fact, it was in one of the nearby towns that he met my grandmother, while he was working on the bridge project.

I love going to all those places on the Potomac. Was that crabhouse near the 301 bridge one of the places you guys stopped at? I love that place. I'll have to revisit all those places on my next trip up to Fredericksburg to see my parents.

Thanks for sharing your pics with us, SBF!
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 09:03 AM   #3
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

No, we didn't hit any crabhouse at at the the 301 bridge but went under it twice and yer Granddad did a great job and that is one beautiful bridge for sure.
We went to Goose Creek [no food] on the MD side and then to Gilligan's Pier [Pig Roast] which use to be "Pier 3" and then to Colonial Beach to the Dockside Rest. where there was a band and cold beer. Next we went to Cobb Island on MD side for a "wild card stop" and then ending at Tim's II at Fairview Beach for Crabs and Shrimp. I jammed with the band and did all the MC'ing where we gave $2,500 to the best hand which was 4 Aces, 10 High.

I'm sun and wind burned a a bit whipped today but had an awesome time with my friends oh and a got a few hundred bucks for al my "hard work". Sweet!

Let me know if you coming up this way or going to Tim's II at Fairview and to Tim's in Dumfries VA just 5 minutes off of I-95.

Have a great day bro
peace
Old 06-13-2004, 12:54 PM   #4
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Wow Sammy-fan! What an incredible trip (and I'm not just saying that because of the amazing women in the pics! ). Before I moved to NYC, my folks and I used to fish and crab on the Pototmac all the time. I really miss it. It's a great river to spend time on, and nothing is better than food, fun, friends, and being on the water.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:39 AM   #5
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

I forgot my camera but took a couple with my Palm Zire71
http://www.timsrivershore.com/2004pokerrun/

peace
mike