Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
redsk1
The Starter

It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Crazy, it's Tuesday afternoon and no Dallas talk? I think we're still basking in the glow of a much needed victory.

On to the Dallas game though. My thoughts on the game for us to come out w/ a win. Chances are slim and it won't be easy, but we should know by now that the best team doesn't always win in this game b/n the rivals.

1. Stopping the pass rush and controlling D Ware. We're gonna be in some trouble if we don't

2. Playcalling. We're going to need some blitz nuetralizing success in the run/pass game. If we don't beat it early, they'll keep coming at us.

3. Runstopping. Where's our run defense been lately? Wherever it's been it better come back to Dallas on Sunday

4. We need you Brian Orakpo. This could be your coming out party on national TV.

5. JC. Hang tough and trust your recievers. Make some plays.

6. Carlos Rogers. We know you have talent. Prove it this week (if you're in there).

Nothing new, but it's Dallas week and I'm jacked up for it.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Ah yes, been looking forward to this game for several weeks now. Not simply because it is against the Redskins. But because I will be in a coporate suite at Cowboys Stadium to see this game. I am stoked.

I don't think this is a nationally televised game though simply because of the 1 PM start time. The National Televisied market games are the 4 PM game, SNF, MNF and TNF.

I think this one is just regional television coverage. But I believe the next game between these two teams at FedEx is in a national spot.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
12thMan
MVP

The Cowboys are one of the biggest posers in the league right now. Roy Williams proves week after week that they gave up way too much to get him. I would say behind T.O., he's probably the most overrated WR in the game right now. If Romo was a basketball player, he'd be Robert Horry. Streaky and known for a few big moments. The game within the game is going to be field position and how we counter their front seven. If they create problems for Campbell out the gate, it's going to be a long day. But if we can jump out to a 10 point lead, our running game could serve us well.

The Redskins can win this game guys. We're going to go to Dallas with a lot of confidence and if the defense can solve the issue they had with Brandon Marshall, I think we can harrass Romo into making a few costly errors. Which he is very capable of doing.

I say Skins 20 - Dallas 13.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
dmek25
MVP

sand how old are you? do you know what this rivalry is all about?
Old 11-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
The Cowboys are one of the biggest posers in the league right now. Roy Williams proves week after week that they gave up way too much to get him. I would say behind T.O., he's probably the most overrated WR in the game right now. If Romo was a basketball player, he'd be Robert Horry. Streaky and known for a few big moments. The game within the game is going to be field position and how we counter their front seven. If they create problems for Campbell out the gate, it's going to be a long day. But if we can jump out to a 10 point lead, our running game could serve us well.

The Redskins can win this game guys. We're going to go to Dallas with a lot of confidence and if the defense can solve the issue they had with Brandon Marshall, I think we can harrass Romo into making a few costly errors. Which he is very capable of doing.

bad comparison. Horry has like 5 or 6 rings
Old 11-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #6
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

I hope that Carter, Orakpo, and Haynesworth pound Romo so hard that he cries out for Jessica.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
sand how old are you? do you know what this rivalry is all about?
Old enough to remember Riggo frustrate the hell out of me! Old enough to remember the Thiesman-Lawerence taylor thing. Old enough to remember that my very first football jersey was Dallas Cowboys #22. Not Emmitt, Bob Hayes. (I got a Staubach jersey later that year too.)

And old enough to say that my first NFL games I ever saw at a stadium was at Texas Stadium and Tom Landry roamed the sidelines.

That old enough?
Old 11-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Old enough to remember Riggo frustrate the hell out of me! Old enough to remember the Thiesman-Lawerence taylor thing. Old enough to remember that my very first football jersey was Dallas Cowboys #22. Not Emmitt, Bob Hayes. (I got a Staubach jersey later that year too.)

And old enough to say that my first NFL games I ever saw at a stadium was at Texas Stadium and Tom Landry roamed the sidelines.

That old enough?
That was a Redskins/Giants game and had nothing to do with Dallas week. The good part about being in a corp. box not as many people will see you cry as Dallas goes down. I hear they actually call them the Romo box.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post

For real...that team is complete trash compared to good teams in the league but they seem to have won thus far. I'm not sure the Skins are good enough to beat them offensively but this is Dallas...I expect them to get up for the game.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #10
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
bad comparison. Horry has like 5 or 6 rings
Ditto: Horry was clutch when the game was on the line. Romo is the complete opposite.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #11
sandtrapjack
The Starter

The entertainment value of some of these posts is worth the price of admission alone.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #12
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Ditto: Horry was clutch when the game was on the line. Romo is the complete opposite.
Okay, the Horry analogy was over the top. JJ Redick maybe?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I cant remember a time when I was less excited about Dallas week than I am now. Maybe my mindset will change as Sunday approaches, but right now, it feels like "just another week." Honestly, I look at each passing week as just putting us closer to the end of the season, when we'll get to see what direction the future of this franchise takes. Anyone else feel similarly?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #14
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Oline is hurting, time for Big Al,carter and Rak to put Romo on his arse.
If the GB defense can get to him then we can.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #15
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I cant remember a time when I was less excited about Dallas week than I am now. Maybe my mindset will change as Sunday approaches, but right now, it feels like "just another week." Honestly, I look at each passing week as just putting us closer to the end of the season, when we'll get to see what direction the future of this franchise takes. Anyone else feel similarly?
Pretty much the same boat. Ill say something to the Dallas fans i know once in a while but right now im just looking for what lies ahead for the team.Usually im all on their back talkin sh about the beating we are going to give them but this week has been pretty tame.