Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

RI: Rogers doesn't know how long benching will last..

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

RI: Rogers doesn't know how long benching will last..

Redskins Insider - How long will Rogers' benching last?

Ok, full disclosure, I don't like Carlos Rogers. Never have, never will. I think he's got the attitude of a Hall of Famer and the talent of a journeyman. That out of the way, I wasn't surprised that he got benched after giving up yet ANOTHER long TD when he bit on a double move and quit on the play. After the best win of they season, here are some of his comments..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Rogers
"I gave up the first one," Rogers said. "It was a double-move. After that I didn't play no more. After that, it was on whoever it was. I really didn't pay attention."

"It's nothing new to me," Rogers said. "Anything that happens around here ain't nothing new to me. I went through it last year. I was benched after the first half of the season I had. ... "I didn't really worry about it, and I'm not really going to think about it. I ain't even going to think about no future here."
I'll be glad to see him gone after this season.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: RI: Rogers doesn't know how long benching will last..

Did he attend the "Emmit Smith Learn Speak English Academy"? Heck, I'd say Emmit sounds like he has PHD when compared to Los.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Yep, likely not to be here. Hell his play this year hasn't excited me, but we'll be worse without him.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Cry me a river Los....Im a Los supporter and think he decent cover guy and showed that the previous 2 seasons, but this season he hasnt been good. Your only as good as your last game, well your last play..right? His comment :"I ain't even going to think about no future here" We should be able to find a guy to replace him.... Bye Bye Carlos...Tell Portis and JC to save him a seat on the bus out of Washington in the offseason

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

He was as good as gone earlier in the season when he talked shit on the FO. You knew he was accepting his pink slip then. I wouldn't wanna put Rogers out on the field for the remainder of the year, honestly.

He's ok (very okay. What good is a CB that can bat down passes but can't catch for shit?), but he doesn't have the team's best intentions at heart anymore. All he wants now is to get the eff out of DC ASAP.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
rypper11
The Starter

Why wait until the offseason? I say Keyshawn him. Zorn can show that this is still his team for now and suspend him for "conduct detrimental" thanks to these comments.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuck Carlos Rogers and his Auburn teamate JC!!! Atleast JC never quits but they both suck ass and are BIG problems on our D AND O!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #8
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Blache probably made the right move to sit him down, because his level of play on that first drive was not acceptable. First, good tape study from McDaniels and Co. to know that Rogers will bite on deep comeback action. Marshall probably still has his jock.

Of course, the troubling aspect is that you know if Hall had made the same mistake, Blache would have excused it as a bad call, and just generally enabled his bullshit. There's a standard that Blache has for Hall and Landry, and then there's the standard for everyone else. Scheming aside, that's why Blache is a bad coach.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Rogers strikes me as somethin as a headcase, though one could argue the way he's been coached could be the reason I guess. That said he's not a shutdown corner against the top WR in football, which sucks because it we don't have anyone else to fill that role either. The other big thing about Rogers is his horrible ball skills, so he can't be a big play type of corner. I REALLY doubt there will be much of a market for him. He'll go somewhere next year but it won't be an impressive contract.

Totally agree w/ GTripp: Blache is a crap coach. There's no reason IMO he should still have a job because his group is definitely not playing up its potential and he's not returning anyway. Fire him and give the best position coach a shot to see what we might have going for next year.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Just to point out, the most benchable offense (defined as the event that would have been more decisively corrected by a benching) was Hall's completely inexcusable lateral after his pick. Very nearly handed the Broncos the ball inside our red zone and for no damn good reason at all.

What happens? Nothing. This is the kind of crap that Redskins football is right now.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #11
rbanerjee23
The Starter

wow screw this guy...learn to speak english and freaking play football, what a joke

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #12
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Why am I not surprised that GTripp flipped this as a way to criticize Hall? Lol..

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #13
budw38
Playmaker

So my fellow Warpath members you do not think we will re-sign him and make him our # 1 WR in 2010 We won today .... where are the cowboys fans tonight ... trying to crawl under a rock ?
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #14
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Why am I not surprised that GTripp flipped this as a way to criticize Hall? Lol..
Well, I thought you covered the "Rogers sucks" angle about as thoroughly as necessary.

If your point was that Rogers is a dumbass though, I was just pointing out that by no means is he the trendsetter in the secondary. I can't stand that our coordinator is neither process nor results oriented, but more concerned about making sure some players get breaks while others get punished. That, at least, has little to do with either Rogers or Hall.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #15
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Keep in mind: when Hall is beaten badly one on one vs a TE on the Giants with safety help over the top, it's a bad scheme. When Rogers is beaten one on one by the No. 1 WR for the Denver Broncos on a double move with no safety help, it's classic underachieving.

Noted: that you can't expect to play winning defense without taking risks that require Rogers to look competent in these situations. Rogers got pwned. A good coordinator might chew him out on the sideline, but would certainly take the blame for the call post game. Blache is no one's image of a good coordinator. Just another guy on this team collecting a paycheck.