Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Champ Bailey Returns To DC: HOF Bronco or Skin?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
redsk1
The Starter

Champ Bailey Returns To DC: HOF Bronco or Skin?

Redskins Insider - Bailey's return puts new focus on old deal

Not to rehash the trade at all, but man I wish Bailey would have remained a Redskin. It's good that he gets some love from Skins fans all over though and he realizes it. Since he's coming back to DC, it brings up a question. HOF Skin or Bronco?

To me, he'll most likely go in as a Bronco. 6 years there, 4 PB's and alot more success. In DC, 5 years, 4 PB's. He's got some very good years ahead of him too. So, I guess even though the technically don't have to choose, they do lean one way or another. Thoughts?
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Champ Bailey Returns To DC: HOF Bronco or Skin?

He'll go in as a Bronco. Better years there than here also the most current team he's with. Kinda depends on how is stats in Denver compared to his stats here though.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
12thMan
MVP

Nobody here cares about Champ Bailey I can tell you that. So he'd better go in as a Bronco for sure.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
mlmdub130
Playmaker

as usual we got the short end of the stick on that trade, even though i am a portis fan, but i would have to think he would go in as a bronco

he is a lock for the hof, and with 8 probowls so far in a 10 year career i would think first ballot as well

does his brother still play with the broncos?

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

If you read the article, Bailey likes Denver more than DC and will go in as a Bronco.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Nobody here cares about Champ Bailey I can tell you that. So he'd better go in as a Bronco for sure.
Speak for yourself. I've always been a Champ Bailey fan. Still have his Redskin jersey. Didn't like the deal then and still think the Redskins gave up too much for Clinton Portis.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
freddyg12
Playmaker

Bailey was my favorite player & the best cb of his decade. He's a first ballot denver bronco. Would he be the first bronco in the hall? He says something about denver having no hall of famers.

This week says a lot about the long term benefits of the deal. POrtis, even if he could play sunday, is looking old & slow. Bailey is no longer the shut down guy he used to be, but he's still better than probably 75% of the CBs in the league.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #8
Big C
Mr. Brightside

bailey wanted out and had one year left on his contract i believe. we basically traded the 2nd rounder for portis. bailey either would have been franchised the next year and unhappy, or let go into the free agent market. denver definitely got a good trade, but so did we. we got a franchise running back for essentially a 2nd rounder.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I read an article a few years ago where it said that the broncos were leaning to releasing Portis, prior to the redskins deal. 100% no kidding the reason they said was because Portis was developing issues with the team (sound familiar???)

I read the article on google archives, and i think it was from the USA today, IIRC.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #10
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I read an article a few years ago where it said that the broncos were leaning to releasing Portis, prior to the redskins deal. 100% no kidding the reason they said was because Portis was developing issues with the team (sound familiar???)

I read the article on google archives, and i think it was from the USA today, IIRC.
That makes no sense at all. Why would they release him with his trade value at that time? We gave up Champ and without him in the mix I'm sure they could have received a 1st and maybe something else for him from other teams.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #11
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Bailey was my favorite player & the best cb of his decade. He's a first ballot denver bronco. Would he be the first bronco in the hall? He says something about denver having no hall of famers.

This week says a lot about the long term benefits of the deal. POrtis, even if he could play sunday, is looking old & slow. Bailey is no longer the shut down guy he used to be, but he's still better than probably 75% of the CBs in the league.
ever heard of john elway? but i don't think they have many

ST21
Old 11-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
as usual we got the short end of the stick on that trade, even though i am a portis fan, but i would have to think he would go in as a bronco

he is a lock for the hof, and with 8 probowls so far in a 10 year career i would think first ballot as well

does his brother still play with the broncos?
Why would Portis go in as a Bronco when he's played the majority of his career here and left on bad terms there?
Old 11-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #13
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Haven't we established that unlike the Baseball HOF, in the Football HOF players don't get inducted as part of team? Why do people keep bringing this up?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #14
MTK
\m/

Enshrinees do not go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a certain team. Rather, all of an inductee's affiliations are listed equally.[6] While the Baseball Hall of Fame plaques generally depict each of their inductees wearing a particular club's cap (with a few exceptions, such as Catfish Hunter), the bust sculptures of each Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee make no reference to any specific team. In addition to the bust that goes on permanent display at the Hall of Fame, inductees receive a distinctive gold jacket and previous inductees nearly always wear theirs when participating at new inductee ceremonies.

Pro Football Hall of Fame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 11-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #15
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Why would Portis go in as a Bronco when he's played the majority of his career here and left on bad terms there?
i wasn't talking about potis i was talking about champ, i can see how you could read it that way though.

you think portis is a hof canidate?

ST21