Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Is Blache losing touch with reality?

I think most here would agree Blache gets offended rather easily. But this guy needs to wake up if he truly believes Haynesworth will not make other players on the Defense more available (which equals better on the stat sheets) to make plays which usually makes the overall Defense better, when you consistently require at least a double team well....we all know what should happen here.

IMO this will be Blache last season here (And for the record most of the coaching staff) in DC, and hopefully end on a high note.

What are your thoughts on Blache, his future here, and how this aging Deffense will rank overall this 2009 season.

Redskins Insider - Blache's Surprising Take on Haynesworth
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

Last edited by skinsfan_nn; 09-19-2009 at 05:36 PM.
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
NM Redskin
The Starter

Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

I think Blache is just trying to show some respect to the other 10 guys on the D. He's always said he likes team players and this might be him actually helping Hays with all this media attention, focusing on Hays as the "savior".
Old 09-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Blache is just trying to keep the spotlight off of Haynesworth. Is Haynesworth good? sure, Has he shown himself to be a HOF player consistently? not even close. Blache managed to have a #4 defense last year w/o Haynesworth so maybe you should give him the benefit of the doubt of not "losing touch with reality".
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
saden1
MVP

Wait and see...you know, let them develop chemistry and play as a unit.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
Meks
Pro Bowl

at this point i do not like greg blache lack of aggression, and the infamous cusions that allows our secondary to give up too many crucial first down plays.

i say he eithers shapes up or ships out, may have been a top 4 defense last year but i put that on the players, i do NOT think he uses Landry correctly.... i still do NOT agree with Orakpo at LB the majority of the time .....

i just ..... really think it's time we look elsewhere if he doesnt correct these subtle, yet big flaws in his defensive philosiphy.... IMO ...

... i just dont like the guy anymore.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

You're assuming Blache was in touch with reality in the first place

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I think Blache's comments have more to do w/ reigning in expectations. If he says "yes Albert makes everyone around him better" it just means Blache answers more tough questions from now on about why the defense isn't elite. Ultimately it puts his own coaching ability in question...
Old 09-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I think Blache's comments have more to do w/ reigning in expectations. If he says "yes Albert makes everyone around him better" it just means Blache answers more tough questions from now on about why the defense isn't elite. Ultimately it puts his own coaching ability in question...

I agree....And neither can I understand why the issue continues to be raised, espically since we've only played one game. One does not need to be a genius to know when you have a player of Haynesworth's caliber, his play creates opportunities for others. Blache get's weary of those same type questions all the time.........can you blame him.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #9
53Fan
Franchise Player

Maybe he doesn't want anything taken away from Fletch's performance. If Fletch doesn't make the probowl this year it will probably be because AH will get the credit for him having a good year. At least I hope that's the reason. I hope Blache doesn't really believe AH doesn't affect the players around him.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #10
Longtimefan
Playmaker

A lot of people are expecting miracles from the defense because we've added big Al. I agree with the poster who is of the opinion Blache is trying the best he can to temper that feeling because Haynesworth still has to play within the confines of the defense.

Because our offense has had trouble trouble scoring points the last few years, that fact has much to do with the way we play defense. We can't gamble a lot on defense and get behind because we don't have the offense to bring us back. If/when the offense picks it up and scores more points, the defense can then play a little more aggressive.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
Meks
Pro Bowl

^ i dont agree with that .... the way we play defense and the lack of agression should NOT hinge on our offenses production....

our offense would get the ball more if our D was more aggressive, and we could create defensive points ..... and in turn we could say screw the offense like the ravens team that won the bowl... who had an offense like ours even a little worse...

they didnt play this lack-luster cusion having soft ass bend dont break BS that we play..... and i'll be damned if we dont have the talent to be a great defense that could carry our team to a winning record...

screw blache and his philosophy, its bullshit.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #12
heybigstar
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
A lot of people are expecting miracles from the defense because we've added big Al. I agree with the poster who is of the opinion Blache is trying the best he can to temper that feeling because Haynesworth still has to play within the confines of the defense.

Because our offense has had trouble trouble scoring points the last few years, that fact has much to do with the way we play defense. We can't gamble a lot on defense and get behind because we don't have the offense to bring us back. If/when the offense picks it up and scores more points, the defense can then play a little more aggressive.
great point, never thought of it that way
Old 09-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #13
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
^ i dont agree with that .... the way we play defense and the lack of agression should NOT hinge on our offenses production....

our offense would get the ball more if our D was more aggressive, and we could create defensive points ..... and in turn we could say screw the offense like the ravens team that won the bowl... who had an offense like ours even a little worse...

they didnt play this lack-luster cusion having soft ass bend dont break BS that we play..... and i'll be damned if we dont have the talent to be a great defense that could carry our team to a winning record...

screw blache and his philosophy, its bullshit.
I bolded that paragraph because if we went for broke on defense, we might sink or we might improve, but either way, the offense would get more chances than it currently is getting. Then you could judge them on their own merits.

I recommend patience with the defense, but with all the resources we've invested in the defense, yeah they've got to do better than they did on last Sunday.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #14
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
How would you know? When was the last time we gambled and lost? 2003?
Old 09-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #15
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

I can't wait untilwe get rid of him. We need an up and comer defensive coordinator who will be very aggressiv. I would love for someone from the staffs of the Eagles, Giants or Steelers. We have too much talent to be a bend but don't break defense. And while I'm at it I would love for a real offensive coordinator instead of Sherman Smith who will call plays for Zorn.
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote