Albert Haynesworth and His Trainer

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Albert Haynesworth and His Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Haynesworth View Post
“Well, I told Mike this and he was like, ‘Well, I wanted you to train with our guys’ and all that stuff and I said, ‘I totally respect that and all that but to get me back to where I want to be I need the serious training. I need the stuff that got me where I’m at.’ We do a lot of specialized stuff for me, a lot of training. My trainer, he comes up with some great stuff that’s just for me, basically, not just maybe a defensive lineman, but just for me. Stuff that can improve on to help me get stronger and things that’ll help me focus better. So nothing against them or whatever but if I want to get back to being the best defensive tackle in the NFL then I need to do this.”
Apparently that trainer is Tripp Smith of CES.

Here's video of Haynesworth training with Tripp before the 2008 season when the Titans slapped the franchise tag. It also touches on the story about how Albert got paired up with Tripp.
The Competitive Edge | Reality Television Show following CES Athletes | Comcast Sports
Quote:
Continue the journey with Tripp Smith, in Tennessee training Albert Haynesworth, as he pursues his dream of training the Pros. And follow Justin Smoak another week as he gets into some intense training with the famed "hitting harness" used by the likes of Jeff Francouer and Chipper Jones. Finally, meet Jimmy Williams, former Virginia Tech star and 2nd round draft pick of the Atlanta Falcons, recently cut but trying to stay in shape and hopefully be picked up by another team.
Albert's testimony.

Competitive Edge Sports | CES | Chip Smith | Sports Performance Trainingm

Quote:
Congratulations to our CES clients who made the 2010 Pro Bowl!
Jared Allen - Vikings, Jon Stinchcomb - Saints, Brandon Marshall - Broncos, Jay Ratliff - Cowboys,
Champ Bailey - Broncos, Leonard Weaver - Eagles, Darnell Dockett - Cardinals, James Harrison - Steelers.
The funniest part is it seems like a mirror image of Rob and Big except the characters are a lot more normal and the rich guy is the big one.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Re: Albert Haynesworth and His Trainer

All this tells me is that people like to form inferences based on very non-substantive snapshots that are not representative of the entire picture. Haynesworth got carted off and made a show only a handful of times compared to the amount of snaps he actually played, and people make it sound like he was ALMOST ALWAYS on the bench. Goes to show that Haynesworth may actually be harder worker than people credit him for.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
12thMan
MVP

Wait, GTripp is Haynesworth's trainer? No wonder he can't make it to workouts!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
cpayne5
Playmaker

I still cannot find any reason to fault Haynesworth this offseason. The dude just wants to be the best he can be. All the trade talk is absurd.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
WillH
The Starter

Is this the first time this has been said? If so why are we only hearing from AH now? I know that Allen and Shanahan have been saying from the beginning that they had no intentions of trading AH, and that they both knew where each other stood and all that. But then there were all the rumors that they denied, where were they being "leaked" from?

The timing of this quote is suspicious, were they saving this in the event that they couldn't find a sutor and needed to "make nice," or were they letting people believe there was more tension over the training program then there actually was as a smoke screen? and if that's the case, what for?
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #6
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Is this the first time this has been said? If so why are we only hearing from AH now? I know that Allen and Shanahan have been saying from the beginning that they had no intentions of trading AH, and that they both knew where each other stood and all that. But then there were all the rumors that they denied, where were they being "leaked" from?

The timing of this quote is suspicious, were they saving this in the event that they couldn't find a sutor and needed to "make nice," or were they letting people believe there was more tension over the training program then there actually was as a smoke screen? and if that's the case, what for?
The quote I started with was from an interview with Rich Gannon back in March. I randomly came across the company Haynesworth was training for when I was looking at Haynesworth highlights on YouTube. Naturally I did a couple of searches on Google and within 10 minutes I had all the information you see on this thread.

I used the quote though because I felt it was an appropriate segway with Haynesworth frequently talking about training with 'his guy.' Personally I think there must be some sort of deep bond between big men and the guys who train them. I mean first Haynesworth is putting himself in front of the media crosshairs by working with his trainer and then we see Suh pledging to donate $2 million to Nebraskas strength training program.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
diehard
The Starter

I think all of these dudes are on vacation. Sure, they check (deposit) in but, after that, it's tee time. Anybody evere spy on them to make sure they're there? Hire the guy from ''Cheaters''.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
WillH
The Starter

Thanks for the clarification, I was a bit confused.

Anyways, I sure hope AH is doing what he needs to, to be the dominant player we went out and brought here. With a healthy AH on board I really feel this defense could be great. With the diverse talent I feel we have in the front 7, AH could really be an incredible asset from both positions on the D-line. At this point I guess what other options does he have than to come back and play the best game he can, in hope of a trade or whatever?

I guess he could hold out. What's the most we'll get for him if he holds out? What's the least we'd take for him?

I hope this senario never comes to pass . . .
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #9
44ever

He needs to be in great shape if he stays here or if he plans on moving on. For us however, it all comes down to one thing. Does AH want to be a Redskin. I don't care if he's in the best shape of his career. If his heart is not with the Skins, his stats and time on the field will reflect that.

I hope he is in fact training hard, not only to be the "best defensive tackle in the NFL." But also to be the best Redskin he can be.

It would be really refreshing to have a guy like AH to give it all he's got for our team.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #10
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post

Quite a few people have been asking the same question that ends your first paragraph.

The Redskins organization has consistently denied any efforts on their part to trade Haynesworth. Every team mentioned as a sutor for his services has been careful to deny any effort of pursuit, though the media reports continued to circulate to the contrary. Haynesworth is under contract to the Redskins, the Redskins would have to contact any team in an effort to guage their interest in trading for him, not vice versa.

The term tampering as used within the NFL, refers to any interference by a member club with the employer - employee relationship of another club or any atempt by a club to impermissably induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL.

If as has been reported the Redskins were not actively shopping Haynesworth as trade, no other member team would be within the rules by first instituting contact.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #11
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

Did anyone else pick up what I did from the little interview with AH?

He talks about not wanting to be barked/yelled at when working out. He said something about "I don't respond to that."

Shanahan, to me, sounds like a no-nonsense/not going to be your "buddy" coach who pushes guys and holds them to a high standard... I DO wonder how this season is going to play out...

Shanny has clearly stated, even just since Friday, that his stance is firm as far as how they are going to play Albert at NT plenty... so IDK guys... I just seeing the AH situation to be a headache for a while..
Old 04-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #12
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Quite a few people have been asking the same question that ends your first paragraph.

The Redskins organization has consistently denied any efforts on their part to trade Haynesworth. Every team mentioned as a sutor for his services has been careful to deny any effort of pursuit, though the media reports continued to circulate to the contrary. Haynesworth is under contract to the Redskins, the Redskins would have to contact any team in an effort to guage their interest in trading for him, not vice versa.

The term tampering as used within the NFL, refers to any interference by a member club with the employer - employee relationship of another club or any atempt by a club to impermissably induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL.

If as has been reported the Redskins were not actively shopping Haynesworth as trade, no other member team would be within the rules by first instituting contact.
i may be wrong but i don't think it's against any rule if a team's gm contacts bruce allen in regards to talk of possible trades. it is however against the rules for a team's gm to contact a player or a player's agent to talk of a trade.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #13
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail to the Redskins View Post

He talks about not wanting to be barked/yelled at when working out. He said something about "I don't respond to that."

Shanahan, to me, sounds like a no-nonsense/not going to be your "buddy" coach who pushes guys and holds them to a high standard... I DO wonder how this season is going to play out...

Shanny has clearly stated, even just since Friday, that his stance is firm as far as how they are going to play Albert at NT plenty... so IDK guys... I just seeing the AH situation to be a headache for a while..
can you tell me where i can find that statement ?
Old 04-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #14
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:

In the NFL players are paid to produce, they don't necessarily have to have a love fest going with the head coach, they don't even have to like each other for that matter (in many cases they don't). The idea is for the player to give maximum effort whenever he takes the field. I'm convinced if Haynesworth is in the process of getting himself in proper condition as promised, comes in and has a great season, helps the team to win, I guarantee much of the negative speak will cease. Now of course if he dosen't, that a horse of another color.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #15
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:

In the NFL players are paid to produce, they don't necessarily have to have a love fest going with the head coach, they don't even have to like each other for that matter (in many cases they don't). The idea is for the player to give maximum effort whenever he takes the field. I'm convinced if Haynesworth is in the process of getting himself in proper condition as promised, comes in and has a great season, helps the team win, I guarantee much of the negative speak will cease. Now of course if he dosen't, that a horse of another color.