Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

I want to know what everybody thinks we should do, me personnally do nothing no trades keep everyone we already have. Based on this draft there will be a decent amount of good players let go because some teams drafted best player instead of need IMO. Ala Buffalo, Raiders & Tenn to name a few they made good picks but they have adequate players at those positions already.

HTTR.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

personally, i think this is a good time to expunge some players. get rid of jc, fat al, and whomever isnt going to fit long term plans for this team. granted the values of these guys may be 5ths or later, but..get some value.
hopefully they dont trade for clausen though
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughtydoubter View Post
personally, i think this is a good time to expunge some players. get rid of jc, fat al, and whomever isnt going to fit long term plans for this team. granted the values of these guys may be 5ths or later, but..get some value.
Are you saying to trade AH for a 5th or later?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The only moves I would like to see is JC to someone for a 3rd or high 4th, and possibly Rocky for a 4th. Otherwise, I'm ok with standing pat.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The only moves I would like to see is JC to someone for a 3rd or high 4th, and possibly Rocky for a 4th. Otherwise, I'm ok with standing pat.
This.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #6
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Are you saying to trade AH for a 5th or later?
im saying trade him for a 7th if his fat ass doesnt want to be here. i get really sick of players who make 21 milion cry in times like these. If he mans up and doesnt pull his ass muscle too many times this year let him stay. id rather have an average player that plays his heart out every play consistantly, than a player that is a super star that only gives his team 1 out of every 10 plays
Old 04-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

plus not to mention he has taken over from deion and archuleta the job of poster child for snydernomics - massive over paying for aging, underpreforming, big names. This is everything the redskins are trying to get away from (supposedly) with ms and allen. If you can get value for him, give him the door .
Old 04-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #8
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
I'm with you on the "don't trade to draft Clausen" stance but, I think right now we're a better team keeping Campbell, Haynesworth, and McIntosh. They all have issues that can be worked out eventually.

If Campbell sits for a year learning from KS and McNabb, he'll be a UFA next year and he'll be valued as a starting QB more.

McIntosh is just bitter because he has earned an extension and hasn't gotten it, yet. He too will be valued as a starting LB if he plays for this one year tender and becomes a UFA.

Haynesworth wasn't gonna come to voluntary workouts regardless of who's coaching the team, or where he played.

Now, as far as Clausen goes (or any player that's high on the Skins board right now who continues to slip deeper in to round 2 or lower) there's a possibility of trading next year's 'first' or JC/Rocky/AH and a lower pick (2nd rounder or lower) next year to be able to draft that guy. Again this player has to be ranked very high on their board and has fallen into the 2nd or 3rd round today.
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
im saying trade him for a 7th if his fat ass doesnt want to be here. i get really sick of players who make 21 milion cry in times like these. If he mans up and doesnt pull his ass muscle too many times this year let him stay. id rather have an average player that plays his heart out every play consistantly, than a player that is a super star that only gives his team 1 out of every 10 plays
can you show me a quote where he cried? Or stats to back up him only giving 1 out of every 10 plays? Of course I am being facetious, just as you were exaggerating (heavily).

The quote has been presented repeatedly where AH has said he will play whereever he is asked to. And to give away a guy who is a top talent in the league and brings it on the field for a 7th is utter redicularity. Yeah that's not a word, but then giving him up for a 7th isn't really an idea.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
plus not to mention he has taken over from deion and archuleta the job of poster child for snydernomics - massive over paying for aging, underpreforming, big names. This is everything the redskins are trying to get away from (supposedly) with ms and allen. If you can get value for him, give him the door .
Um, ok, if they can get appropriate value yes, but again a 7th is not appropriate or reasonable value for a starting defensive lineman in the NFL.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
johno
Impact Rookie

Quote:
agreed, but if you cant get value for him, you start him at DE. lets not forget he is still one of the best DTs in the game right now.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #12
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
I'm with you on the "don't trade to draft Clausen" stance but, I think right now we're a better team keeping Campbell, Haynesworth, and McIntosh. They all have issues that can be worked out eventually.

If Campbell sits for a year learning from KS and McNabb, he'll be a UFA next year and he'll be valued as a starting QB more.

McIntosh is just bitter because he has earned an extension and hasn't gotten it, yet. He too will be valued as a starting LB if he plays for this one year tender and becomes a UFA.

Haynesworth wasn't gonna come to voluntary workouts regardless of who's coaching the team, or where he played.

Now, as far as Clausen goes (or any player that's high on the Skins board right now who continues to slip deeper in to round 2 or lower) there's a possibility of trading next year's 'first' or JC/Rocky/AH and a lower pick (2nd rounder or lower) next year to be able to draft that guy. Again this player has to be ranked very high on their board and has fallen into the 2nd or 3rd round today.
Wait, are you suggesting we trade a 1st rounder next year or JC OR Rocky OR AH and a lower pick for a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year? I just want to make sure because that doesn't seem like a sound drafting philosophy

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
johno
Impact Rookie

wants: get 4ths for jc, rocky. mid 2nd for AH, if not, let him play.

not want: trades up to get clausen.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:34 AM   #14
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
I want to know what everybody thinks we should do, me personnally do nothing no trades keep everyone we already have. Based on this draft there will be a decent amount of good players let go because some teams drafted best player instead of need IMO. Ala Buffalo, Raiders & Tenn to name a few they made good picks but they have adequate players at those positions already.

HTTR.
Since we won't be on the clock again until Saturday I'm going to get some work done around the house, listen for any potential trade opportunities and keep watch on a couple other players of which I have an interest.

I'm really not that concerned with what other teams do past the first two rounds. I'll just be content to read about it and not spend so much time watching.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #15
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Really, Campbell is the only one I'd want to see traded. I think he'd be a great back up, but I also think he should be able to go do something and he'll be gone next year anyways, so we mine as well get somehting for him. We wont get value for AH or McIntosh, so I have no interest in seeing them traded. I guess if we were to trade a tight end for a 2nd (and only a 2nd, which I doublt we'd get), I would be OK with it, only because thats a position where we actually have two starters and one spot. Not saying I'd want to see Cooley or Davis elsewhere, but I would be OK with that if we did it to get back into the second round and take anotehr linemen. That being said, I dont think we'd get a 2nd anwyays. So trade JC for hopefully a 4th or high 3rd if we can, and thats about it. I'm not interested in trading away any of next years picks.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote