Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-24-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Haha. I stole Smooty's sig. Sorry!

But I gotta admit I am a pretty panicked fan. In the fact that I am a little worried about our aggressiveness/passiveness and playcalling. But I'm no coach so I'll assume that they'll adjust and try to work through things as weeks continue. Call me a dumb, complacent fan but if I knew what I was talking about, I'd apply for the coaching position (But I'm a female so I guess that automatically counts me out anyway)

But there are some people out there going nutso like the season's over. 1 loss doesn't mean anything. Like "ohhhhh, my God, this team suuucks." And I'm like what? 3 games and you wanna say our season is over?

Of course it was an ugly loss but, whatever. No biggie. The Giants had a lot riding on that game and straight up outplayed us in the second half. End of story.

So for all the optimistic fans and people who nearly shat a brick when they saw the f Gibbs thread, I thought I'd start a little thread where everyone can stay positive (or at least attempt to)

Keep ya heads up people! Skins rooool.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-24-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
Lady Brave
The Starter

Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

I agree. I also think this should be in the locker room. It makes a nice counter thread to all the bitching ones right now.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Those are the same fans who renounced their love of the Redskins in 2005 after the San Diego game, only to pop up late in the season and say how they knew all along that Gibbs was going to pull things together. They're sort of like those women whose love of men is contingent on how much money is in their pockets at any given point in time....I can them fan-whores.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

I love this thread.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:23 PM   #5
dmek25
MVP

this is for all the people that see the glass half full. I'm one of them. good thread
Old 09-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #6
Lady Brave
The Starter

Here's the thing I don't get about some Redskins fans. Do they not realize what team they're fans of? Seriously, this team is one whose entire history is primarily made up of "moments". Consistency has always, ALWAYS been a problem for us and I've watched them piss away more wins in my 25 years of being a fan than I can count. It doesn't matter though. I love this team no matter what. I'm a homer and proud of it.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:35 PM   #7
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

It's actually pretty funny at this point to check out extremeskins--there are so many wild panicked threads calling for Gibbs, Saunders, whoever, to be fired.

My god, we're 2-1. Fire Gibbs? Wow.

People gotta relax a bit.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #8
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
Here's the thing I don't get about some Redskins fans. Do they not realize what team they're fans of? Seriously, this team is one whose entire history is primarily made up of "moments". Consistency has always, ALWAYS been a problem for us and I've watched them piss away more wins in my 25 years of being a fan than I can count. It doesn't matter though. I love this team no matter what. I'm a homer and proud of it.
Well I'm not old enough to be a fan for 25 years. :P But I have been a fan since I was born. And I am such a homer. Even when they lose, I still wanna stand up for the team. This girl in class today (Whos a Ravens fan) was like, "The Skins lost yesterday. I was happy."

It took all my will not to stand up and sock her in the mouth. Haha. But I hate it when people crap on my team.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:49 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
I agree. I also think this should be in the locker room. It makes a nice counter thread to all the bitching ones right now.
Moving it now
Old 09-25-2007, 01:08 AM   #10
jrocx69
Special Teams

i dont see nothing wrong with calling like it is, and so far our wins were ugly and our loss was even more ugly. play-calling has definitely been suspect... im at the bar watching and i was screaming for a bootleg on third and fourth downs. is that just not in our short yardage playbook? especially on the goal line playbook?? with a qb of campbell's athleticism i think you have to have that play and use it. its sets up from the run before, its sets up a pass on the rollout and a run for the score it TE or FB covered on the rollout. Bootleg!

other than that im happy to be where we are at as of now, just would like some consistency in our offense. our d did really well barring the repeated 3 and outs in the second half
jrocx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:33 AM   #11
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It's funny how everyone thinks the play that wasn't called is always the best one.

We run a bootleg and fail to convert, suddenly we'd hear "Why the hell didn't we pound the ball in?"

The problem with calling it like it is, is that most people don't know what it is. They just get a thrill out of second-guessing.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:36 AM   #12
jsarno
Franchise Player

I'm not panicing at all. I know we have a good team. I am pissed about the fact we lost to the giants, but that in no way means I am in panic mode.
I am also pissed that (regardless of the way some people saw a different game) we played extremely conservative in the second half. Hopefully the coaching staff will also see the error of their ways and make adjustments.
I guess we'll find out vs the Packers.
We still have a good team, and have good talent. I also look at it like this (now that I am calmed down), if before the season started, someone said we would be 2-1 at the bye week, we'd all take it. Every last one of us. We are where we should be, and we're in good shape.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:35 AM   #13
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
It's actually pretty funny at this point to check out extremeskins--there are so many wild panicked threads calling for Gibbs, Saunders, whoever, to be fired.

My god, we're 2-1. Fire Gibbs? Wow.

People gotta relax a bit.

Fired? I actually laughed out loud at that! Skins fans are..................amazing
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:16 AM   #14
djnemo65
Playmaker

It's been interesting to see how overblown the reaction has been to this game. We failed to convert practically any third downs in the second half, while conversely failing to stop practically any on the other side of the ball, and people suddenly want to blame the scheme?
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:31 AM   #15
Kope
Special Teams

Bah jooo positive people!! fire Gibbs - look at how well San Diego is doing after getting rid of Marty Ball!!!

Seriously; this is going to be a good team. The PLAYERS had a lack of intesity comming out of the locker room at the half, that was the difference.

We have a shot at being line up for a run at the playoffs in november and december, and that is all you can ask for. BTW our shedule is no joke.

Peace
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote