Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Countdown to Daytona,Harvick wins shootout

Other Sports

Old 02-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Countdown to Daytona,Harvick wins shootout

Kevin Harvick wins Bud Shootout with Denny Hamlin's help - ESPN
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Re: Countdown to Daytona,Harvick wins shootout

I'm glad that Harvick won and not Jimmy Johnson. My fatboy Stewart came close but we'll see what's up next Sunday.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
over the mountain
Playmaker

not a big nascar fan, but i think i am going to get a case of boh and watch this one. hope its good, even though im not sure i will be able to tell a good competitive race from a bad one.

go skins!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Posted: Thursday February 12, 2009 3:40PM; Updated: Thursday February 12, 2009 5:33PM

Gordon, Busch win duel qualifying races at Daytona

Story Highlights:
Jeff Gordon won the first of two duels giving him a spot in Daytona 500
It was his first trip to Victory Lane since October of 2007
Kyle Busch won the second qualifying race for his spot at Daytona

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Kyle Busch won the second Daytona 500 qualifying race, holding off Mark Martin in a frantic push to the finish.

Busch will now start in the second row of Sunday's season-opening race. Jeff Gordon earned the other spot by winning the first of Thursday's twin 150-mile races.

Four spots were up for grabs to cars not otherwise qualified for NASCAR's biggest event of the year. Those went to Jeremy Mayfield and AJ Allmendinger, who raced their way in during the second event, and Scott Riggs and Regan Smith, who earned the two spots from the first race.

Allmendinger failed to qualify for the 500 driving for Red Bull Racing in his first two NASCAR seasons, but finally got a spot in an entry fielded by Richard Petty Motorsports.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

Old 02-13-2009, 03:58 AM   #5
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

7 chevy's starting in the top 10. The first ford doesn't come until 12th. You have 3 toyotas rounding out the top 10 with the chevys.

Not much can be read into this because only 1 ford did not qualify while 4 chevys didnt make the cut.

FOX Sports on MSN - NASCAR - 2009 Daytona 500 starting lineup

I don't really follow racing too close but my pick for the race is Kenseth. I think last year was his first season without a W. He gets his first of many early this year.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

6 Chevys and 4 Toyotas (all 3 JGR cars and #83 Red Bull driven by Vickers) in the top 10...but what's scarier is 3 of those Chevys belong to Hendrick...

I'm a Stewart fan, but I'm looking toward a Hendrick driver this weekend winning...damn Hendrick drivers. With Old Man Martin in the 2 spot, Gordon 3, Jimmie 7 and Junior 14, it won't take long for those 4 to get in sync and start pounding the pavement pretty hard. The JGR guys are all in the top 10 as well, but not sure how well Logano will fit into the fold with Hamlin and Busch.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #7
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Smoke and Newman crash at final practice run before 500. More tire problems...

Only hours away from 51st Daytona 500.

Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman wreck in Daytona 500 practice - ESPN

Old 02-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #8
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Fatboy wins the Busch race. You go Smoke! When Stewart came out and started bad mouthing Goodyear everyone was all up in arms. Then Jimmie and Jeff start having the same problem and everyone says the tires suck. They still haven't come up with a good tire for the Car of Tomorrow, oops, Today. I wish they'd give the owners more leadway with their equipment and setups. Why can't they use a different tire manufacturer? NASCAR would be a lot better to watch if they went back to factory models. This has to be this. That has to be that. It's like all the penalties in the NFL. They go over-board with all of the rules IMO.

I think that the reason that Stewart and Newman ran their tires off is because Stewart is using the Chevy setup he had with JGR from before they went to Toyota. Stewart likes to run the hell out of his cars and go strait to the front and the tires aren't good enough. You can say that's just Smoke being an Ass, true. But, he isn't a loser. I'd be different if Kvapil said it.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #9
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Weather shortened 500 works out well for Ford and Matt Kenseth. Good show

Sprint Cup Race Results, NASCAR Race Results, Auto Racing Results - ESPN

Old 02-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #10
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

I can't stand restrictor plate racing. I'll give Kennseth his respect because he's a smart racer. Man oh man, fatboy is looking like his old fat self again. If he'd had more people go with him he would have been in better contention today. A top ten isn't a bad way to start the season though.

2005: Tony Stewart driver of the #20 Home Depot Chevrolet of Joe Gibbs Racing wins the Cup.
The Washington Redskins shut out Dallas and Filth-a-delphia and claw their way into the play-offs.

Can I get another 2005 please?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:41 AM   #11
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

I won't say I told ya so..

http://www.thewarpath.net/other-spor...tml#post526772

Ok, Yes I will. For all those interested I will be making this weeks pick on Friday about noonish.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #12
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

All I have to say is Junior is a little bitch. He was pissed because he can't pull into his pit box straight, and when Vickers came down and blocked him, he spun him out with the front runners in line of sight, causing "the big one". They were both 1 lap down, there is no reason for that crap.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #13
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
All I have to say is Junior is a little bitch. He was pissed because he can't pull into his pit box straight, and when Vickers came down and blocked him, he spun him out with the front runners in line of sight, causing "the big one". They were both 1 lap down, there is no reason for that crap.
I thought it was funny that they penalized a driver 5 laps for aggressive driving in the Saturday race but nothing for JR in the Sunday race?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
budw38
Playmaker

Maybe Jr. was not penalized because Vickers started the incident by forcing another car < Jr > below the yellow line , which Jr had to get back on track or get a penalty for being below the yellow ,,,,, didn't Vickers wreck Jr and JJ a couple of years ago at dega ? Jr would have been better off checking up , but Vickers was an idiot for that move , he's lucky the initial contact didn't cause the wreck .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #15
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
I'm a junior fan but it did look like his fault and he wouldnt take any blame,but wtf is with the pit stops? a frickin rookie shouldnt even have that problem,let alone jr,pressure must be getting to him,he has no excuses now