Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Yankees Sign Texiera

Other Sports

Old 12-23-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Yankees Sign Texiera

Along with our pitching aquisitions of CC Sabathia & AJ Burnett.
Yanks just inked Texiera to an 8-year deal.

Chalk it up. `09 Here we come.

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2008, 08:03 AM   #2
dmek25
MVP

Re: Yankees Sign Texiera

you guys signed all those guys, at a ton of money. and then want New York to front you about 300 million for your new stadium? i tell the Yanks to take a hike
Old 12-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

I love how Red Sox fans are bugging out.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

George is just an animal when it comes to spending money. I dont mind.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
Along with our pitching aquisitions of CC Sabathia & AJ Burnett.
Yanks just inked Texiera to an 8-year deal.

Chalk it up. `09 Here we come.
What a joke. The Yankees have thrown absurd amounts of money at anything with a heartbeat in recent years and it's amounted to ZERO titles in nearly a decade- and we all know the Steinbrenner mouths measure their success in Championships- as in the season isn't a success if they don't win one.

$423.5M in new contracts in 9 days.

I'm glad to see the Yanks are continuing to attempt to buy World Series titles instead of grooming home grown talent the way they did during their late 90's glory years.

As you can see, I'm a massive Yankee hater. I have the sad distinction of being an Orioles fan, but my passionate hatred for the Evil Empire (and that pompous whiny punk Hank Steinbrenner) far outweighs any dislike I have for the Cowboys, Florida State, etc....
Old 12-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Chalk what up....Bankruptcy..? Or another team that overpaid and is going nowhere.

Thats stupid money. Glad I gave up on baseball many years ago! Thats a JOKE.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:57 AM   #7
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
What a joke. The Yankees have thrown absurd amounts of money at anything with a heartbeat in recent years and it's amounted to ZERO titles in nearly a decade- and we all know the Steinbrenner mouths measure their success in Championships- as in the season isn't a success if they don't win one.

$423.5M in new contracts in 9 days.

I'm glad to see the Yanks are continuing to attempt to buy World Series titles instead of grooming home grown talent the way they did during their late 90's glory years.

As you can see, I'm a massive Yankee hater. I have the sad distinction of being an Orioles fan, but my passionate hatred for the Evil Empire (and that pompous whiny punk Hank Steinbrenner) far outweighs any dislike I have for the Cowboys, Florida State, etc....
Hey man. I was born a Yanks fan. Grew up watching Donny Baseball. And anybody whos a fan of baseball...BUT NOT A YANKEE FAN...is a hardcore hater thats just how it is. Your mad right at US right? i can understand why.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:23 AM   #8
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
you guys signed all those guys, at a ton of money. and then want New York to front you about 300 million for your new stadium? i tell the Yanks to take a hike
Well, think about this. If the Yankees are going to get an obscene amount of money from the city to build a new stadium that the Yankees will then own, isn't the responsible thing to reinvest the money back into the team rather than pocketing it? Wouldn't it be 100 times worse if the team just decided to profit off the new stadium while sitting behind the Rays and the Sox in the division?

I'm a Royals fan, so I don't ever have to deal with these sort of issues. We sign Kyle Farnsworth for $10 million and then complain about not having enough money to make moves that will actually help the team.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:19 AM   #9
dmek25
MVP

with that T.V. contract the yankees have, they could easily afford to fund their own stadium(plus) Jack Kent Cooke did it
Old 12-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #10
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I root for the Yankees being in NY (not a "Fan" like I am of the Skins), the Cardinals are actually my favorite baseball team, but I pull pretty hard for the Yankees....

but even I'll admit this is getting ridiculous. You'll never see it, but there really needs to be a salary cap in baseball. I really hope football doesn't end up going this way (even though we'd be one of the teams that would probably benefit from no salary cap).
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
Hey man. I was born a Yanks fan. Grew up watching Donny Baseball. And anybody whos a fan of baseball...BUT NOT A YANKEE FAN...is a hardcore hater thats just how it is. Your mad right at US right? i can understand why.
Why would I be mad? I actually think you guys are a hilarious comedy of errors in recent years- most recently passing on Johan Santana because you have Ian Kennedy and Philp Hughes. LOL!!

And the spending is a total joke.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #12
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Why would I be mad? I actually think you guys are a hilarious comedy of errors in recent years- most recently passing on Johan Santana because you have Ian Kennedy and Philp Hughes. LOL!!

And the spending is a total joke.
Believe me...its been more frustrating for us than anybody...
Kinda reminds you of the Skins right?...all that spending with no championship...

BUT THIS YEAR OUR PICKUPS ARE LOGICLE. Where i didnt see as much logic prior years.

Texiera,Sabathia,Burnett =What we needed.

We Released Abreu... we needed another bat.
We released Giambi...whos gonna play 1st base for us? Nick Swisher..Duncan?
Texiera seems smart to me...expensive....but smart. And hes only going to produce.

Sabathia/Burnett....our pitching staff was in shambles. Nescessary as well. You can find it amusing....until we take home our 27th Championship..
Old 12-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #13
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, think about this. If the Yankees are going to get an obscene amount of money from the city to build a new stadium that the Yankees will then own, isn't the responsible thing to reinvest the money back into the team rather than pocketing it? Wouldn't it be 100 times worse if the team just decided to profit off the new stadium while sitting behind the Rays and the Sox in the division?

I'm a Royals fan, so I don't ever have to deal with these sort of issues. We sign Kyle Farnsworth for $10 million and then complain about not having enough money to make moves that will actually help the team.
haha i hear ya.. Farnsworth aggravated me you can have em.
Ive always been partial to the Royals... Maybe because you havent been a threat since George Brett. You have some young talent...you guys should nab a vet bat...id like to see the Royals scoop somebody like Giambi, i could see em doin well in the blue.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #14
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

While I'm proudly a Yankees hater, I can see that the legacy that is George Steinbrenner (he's completely out of the picture now) will continue on in his sons. They have the money to do it, so why not? Teixeria will have A-Rod and Nady to protect him in the lineup, and the 1-2 punch of Sabathia and Burnett should carry them, as long as the injury bug doesn't hit Burnett. If they don't outright win the AL this year, the Yankees should be sold off as parts...

However, it's signings like these that will drive baseball to a salary cap before long...sooner if the Yankees do indeed blow everyone out of the water this year.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #15
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

The Yankees are spending a lot of money, but at the end of the season they'll be in second place. How come everybody makes fun of Snyder when he spends money, but George can do it and he's looked upon like a genius?
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote