Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Capitals Quarter Season Report

Other Sports

Old 11-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Capitals Quarter Season Report

Quick review of how the Capitals have done the first quarter of the season. The Capitals sit at the top of the Southeast Division by one point over Carolina. They are 11-6-3 with 25 points, tied for the fourth best points in the Eastern Conference.

Caps have hit a minor speed bump on the western league road trip so far, recording 3 of 4 losses, including a 7-2 spanking on Saturday in San Jose. I don’t consider it too alarming, I attribute it more to key injuries. The Caps have been without Alexander Semin, their leading scorer, and Mike Green, their top scoring defenseman the past 3 games. The Line 1 make up of Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom, and Semin was quickly becoming the best line in the NHL, arguably, before Semin’s injury. The successful defensive combination of Green and Shaone Morrisonn have barely been able to play together over the last 10 games, with Morrisonn missing a chunck of 7 or 8 games, and upon his return, Green went down to a shoulder injury.

Read the rest

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
757SkinsGirl
Camp Scrub

Re: Capitals Quarter Season Report

They also are missing Sergei Federov. I haven't been able to watch too many games this season. I did catch last nights game against The Wild. I thought our guys looked tired. I thought Theo did an amazing job net minding last night. I thought we had lost OV last night as well, with the way he limped off the ice after getting hit in the ankle with the biscuit. It'll be nice to have all of our (core) guys back, and healthy, and rested...
757SkinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #3
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Re: Capitals Quarter Season Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757SkinsGirl View Post
They also are missing Sergei Federov. I haven't been able to watch too many games this season. I did catch last nights game against The Wild. I thought our guys looked tired. I thought Theo did an amazing job net minding last night. I thought we had lost OV last night as well, with the way he limped off the ice after getting hit in the ankle with the biscuit. It'll be nice to have all of our (core) guys back, and healthy, and rested...
Well, like I wrote in the Daily Caps report today, they may have lost three in a row, but this is no time to panic. The Caps are simply missing Semin and Green. Green is one of the best the Caps have on the power play. He has scored 6 of his 7 on the PP. Once these two get back you will see a revitalized Caps offense.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote