Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Let It Snow

Parking Lot

Old 01-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
firstdown
Living Legend

Let It Snow

Well it looks like Va. is going to get hit tonight and tomorrow with a pretty big show storm. They are calling for up to 10" in the Va. beach area which will be one of the largest snow storms we have had in years. I have a full tank of gas, wife hit the grocery store, fire wood ready, couple movies rented, and I'll hit the ABC store on the way home. My 3 yr. old is pretty pumped up and I spent a good part of my morning thry to buy a sled with not luck but I did find a belly board which will work. So any of you guys in the area getting ready for some snow?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Let It Snow

FREEZING in PA today...around 0, possibly negatives with the windch-ch-ch-chillllll.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

Crazy cold here today too, windchill of -4. No snow in the forecast though. Outside of one storm in December it's been a light winter as far as snow goes in my area. I'm not complaining.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

It wasn't warm walking to class this morning in College Park. I had to switch which hand was holding the thermos, and which hand was in my coat pocket. My hands were burning.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Im ready but kinda ruined a big weekend I had planned...dern it!!!!!!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well it looks like Va. is going to get hit tonight and tomorrow with a pretty big show storm. They are calling for up to 10" in the Va. beach area which will be one of the largest snow storms we have had in years. I have a full tank of gas, wife hit the grocery store, fire wood ready, couple movies rented, and I'll hit the ABC store on the way home. My 3 yr. old is pretty pumped up and I spent a good part of my morning thry to buy a sled with not luck but I did find a belly board which will work. So any of you guys in the area getting ready for some snow?

yea, i have a 13 year old son and a 8 year old daughter and they are really looking foward to playing in some snow because it's such a rareity(sp) aroung this place. also, my wife is a 911 op.for va beach. she goes in tonight at 11 and was told to bring a sleeping bag and enough supplies to last up to 3 days. there's a chance her regular pay could switch over to FEMA pay and that would be some awesome $$.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
over the mountain
Playmaker

in balmore were expected to only get 1 inch if that. i cant even complain about the 15-22 degree we are going to have this weekend considering the posters above me. last week it hit 60, this week it could 16.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
yea, i have a 13 year old son and a 8 year old daughter and they are really looking foward to playing in some snow because it's such a rareity(sp) aroung this place. also, my wife is a 911 op.for va beach. she goes in tonight at 11 and was told to bring a sleeping bag and enough supplies to last up to 3 days. there's a chance her regular pay could switch over to FEMA pay and that would be some awesome $$.
Thats interesting. So what has to happen for it to switch over to FEMA pay? She will probably be pretty busy with the way people drive when we get just a little snow. The condition here are about as good as it gets for snow as its been pretty cold over the past several weeks and the forcast is calling for cold weather all week. I think I have asked you this before but what part of chesapeake do you live? Deep Creek?
Old 01-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Thats interesting. So what has to happen for it to switch over to FEMA pay? She will probably be pretty busy with the way people drive when we get just a little snow. The condition here are about as good as it gets for snow as its been pretty cold over the past several weeks and the forcast is calling for cold weather all week. I think I have asked you this before but what part of chesapeake do you live? Deep Creek?
the city of va beach needs to declare a state of emergency. (basically close the city down)

i live in great bridge.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #10
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
the city of va beach needs to declare a state of emergency. (basically close the city down)

i live in great bridge.
The govoner has declared Va a state of emergency that does not up her pay? My office is located on Cedar Rd across the road from the Prince Of Peace Church and I live in Suffolk Va.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
The govoner has declared Va a state of emergency that does not up her pay? My office is located on Cedar Rd across the road from the Prince Of Peace Church and I live in Suffolk Va.
no, that won't up he pay. it has to be a city thing where pretty much all city employees are told to stay home unless you are considered ALPHA 1 (essential personel).

i live off cedar rd. (las gaviotas) my work is in suffolk (460)
Old 01-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
12thMan
MVP

I just can't imagine D.C. getting hit with another storm. All I have in the house to eat are chips, two slices of bread, chewing gum, and some Captain Morgan.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #13
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I just can't imagine D.C. getting hit with another storm. All I have in the house to eat are chips, two slices of bread, chewing gum, and some Captain Morgan.

what more does one need ?
Old 01-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #14
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
no, that won't up he pay. it has to be a city thing where pretty much all city employees are told to stay home unless you are considered ALPHA 1 (essential personel).

i live off cedar rd. (las gaviotas) my work is in suffolk (460)
We probably pass each other everyday going and coming from work. My office is between las gaviotas and city all on the left coming from your house. I live about a mile from Sleepthole Golf Course. I guess sometime tomorrow they will go to Alpha 1 as it seems when we get a dusting they do that. I guess she then gets paid by ferderal standards. My buddy loved when they did work for the federal goverment because by law they had to be paid at a higher level.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #15
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

This is ridiculous. Earlier this week I was stoked, was hoping I'd get classes canceled on Monday. But now they're calling for 2 inches or less. Fuck you snowstorm.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote