Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-the-panthers/

If we win this game, Im gonna be doing the Drew Stanton dance everywhere
Me too
Old 11-18-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Time to take the next Step: Skins vs kitty cats Pre-game thread

Going to be a tough challenge, Carolina makes offenses look silly. Hopefully we can force a couple tos and we don't turn it over.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #4
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I truly believe the Skins will hand Carolina it's 1st loss of the season and people will want to jump on the bandwagon.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I'm still in the prove it to me mode. Sunday was a great win, and something to build from, but a lot of the offensive output was partially a result of such a terrible defense.

Between being an away game, a very tough opponent, and the Skins having yet to put back to back wins together. I am skeptical about winning this one.

Simplistic question - if the Skins split the next 2 which team would you rather they beat, Panthers or NYG?

Obviously we all want them to win both.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:29 PM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I'm still in the prove it to me mode. Sunday was a great win, and something to build from, but a lot of the offensive output was partially a result of such a terrible defense.

Between being an away game, a very tough opponent, and the Skins having yet to put back to back wins together. I am skeptical about winning this one.

Simplistic question - if the Skins split the next 2 which team would you rather they beat, Panthers or NYG?

I want to end Cam's little girl dance and give them their first loss at home. Lotta Skins fans will show to the game, so Id really like us to take over the stadium with HTTR being sung 10-12 times.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:32 PM   #7
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I think I fall into this camp more than any other. While the win against the Saints was great, it came against a defense that is widely considered one of the worst - historically - to this point in the season. Exciting, but I'm still a bit skeptical.

That being said, they took care of business in a big way. Part of being a good team is winning the games you are supposed to. AND, perhaps the biggest story of that game was holding that offense to 14 points...so....

With Carolina, they are 9-0 which is real hard to do in this league. Aside from the NE game, and perhaps the NYG game, this is the toughest test for Washington to date - and on the road. However, when looking at their 9 wins, the only one I'm really impressed with is Seattle on the road.

This is a game that can be won, for sure. Just gotta be solid in all areas.

To answer your question: if the Skins split the next 2 which team would you rather they beat, Panthers or NYG?

NYG no doubt. Even if Washington loses the Carolina game, they won't be more than one game out still...Beat NYG the following week and they're still in the driver's seat.

Let's win them both though
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:40 PM   #8
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Offensively, I think this game is going to come down to Cousins avoiding mistakes, the offensive line keeping Cousins protected, and Gruden following a gameplan of ball/TOS control. I don't think we are going to be able to run against Carolina and Norman is going to shut down one of our receivers (Jackson or Garcon).

Defensively, I think we need to load up the box and force Cam to throw. He's not very accurate and I think our secondary is much better than their receivers. The only problem I see from a defense perspective is guarding Greg Olsen; who is their top receiving option. We need a big game from Baker, Pot Roast, and Hatcher; they have to plug up that line.

I also hope our defense is doing tackling drills, we can't have shitty tackling against the likes of Cam, Stewart and Tolbert.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Offensively, I think this game is going to come down to Cousins avoiding mistakes, the offensive line keeping Cousins protected, and Gruden following a gameplan of ball/TOS control. I don't think we are going to be able to run against Carolina and Norman is going to shut down one of our receivers (Jackson or Garcon).

Defensively, I think we need to load up the box and force Cam to throw. He's not very accurate and I think our secondary is much better than their receivers. The only problem I see from a defense perspective is guarding Greg Olsen; who is their top receiving option. We need a big game from Baker, Pot Roast, and Hatcher; they have to plug up that line.

I also hope our defense is doing tackling drills, we can't have shitty tackling against the likes of Cam, Stewart and Tolbert.
I think of the likes of Cunningham and McNabb, evasive qb's have given us issues forever. I think this is another in the same vein, and our defense will really have to take 3 steps forward in order for us to win.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #10
30gut
Playmaker

This is going to be a tough task offensively. Going from thee worst passing defense (and overall defenses) to one of the thee best passing defenses and best overall defenses.

When I watch the Panthers their defense looks good. They aren't the most exotic defense in the world. But they don't blow assignments, they tackle, they play fast. Although their good they haven't exactly faced the best QBs in the NFL. And good passing offenses have moved the ball through the air against them....NO without Brees, Rodgers (i know, i know he's the exception but we run similar system) Winston even dropped 287 on them. But their defense is hungry, tied for the most INTs in the league.

This going to be a good test for Jay/McVay vs a sound defensive gameplan.

I have a feeling that the Panthers will play the run tough and Jay will be forced to make a decision whether to stick with it or not....and I think he will end up airing it out.

On defense Barry better be ready to play several different run concepts. Power, toss, read-option, veer. They are gonna run the ball and throw chunk yardage passes. I feel like it almost doesn't matter that they're WR are average..Cam isn't dinking he's throwing it downfield posts, outs, play-action.
We gotta put pressure on this dude make him throw quick. We got to mix up coverage on Olsen, if Olsen is split out I would put Cully on him and take my chances with their other WRs.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:33 PM   #11
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:

Thats a pretty easy answer. Going 1-1 and giving the giants a loss or going 1-1 and giving the giants a win. We all want the giants to lose against us (at least we should) as its a division game and that will matter a lot more in the playoff chase in the NFC East.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:41 PM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Carolina's defense is super strong up the middle. They have a break out CB who is highly regarded...I think you need to get these guy moving from side to side...lotta stuff to the outside and Id look at running receiver over the top of the LB, middle of the field.

Offense, everything starts with Cam. Then G-Reg Olson is a beast at TE. I don't look at Carolina and get overly worried. Contain Cam is the key.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:44 PM   #13
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Rashington Wedskins still must prove themselves on the road - Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:01 PM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Keim been reading Chico?

"Has Kirk Cousins turned a corner?

He has continued to develop, no doubt. But he, too, still has plenty to prove. He needs to show he can be accurate downfield consistently and that he can lead a team on the road."

Right on bro!

Very interesting choosing to go with Compton at LB and deciding between Robinson/Riley to sit. I thought Robinson got off to a hot start, but as the season has worn on, so has his play. Riley coming off a great game. My feeling is let Compton play all game...Riley on first down and goal line, Robinson on 2nd and longs and 3rd down.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:01 PM   #15
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
...if the Skins split the next 2 which team would you rather they beat, Panthers or NYG?
Giants.
In division, we gotta beat them at some point.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote