Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Gruden/Redskins Doing Alfred Morris Dirty

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
VirgilTibbs

Gruden/Redskins Doing Alfred Morris Dirty

Alfred Morris is one of the only consistent bright spots on this team drafted in 2012, a fan favorite, humble hard worker and great teammate. He's never missed a game since being drafted and has put up some very good stats behind below average offensive lines and limited talent surrounding him:

2012 - 1613 rushing yards 13 tds

2013 - 1275 rushing yards 7 tds

2014- 1074 rushing yards 8 tds

Week 1 against Miami, he rushed for 121 yards. Very likeabale down to earth guy who has his head on straight.

The Redskins still have not paid Morris his worth as he's still playing on his rookie deal.

What really pissed me off is last night, Gruden had Morris coming off the bench behind Matt Jones, a rookie who had 1 good game against the Rams and who has fumbled in both games. Is this how you show appreciation for a guy who has been carrying this team the past three years without a complaint, has given his heart and soul to this team, 6 carries coming off the bench behind a rookie who has not proved anything? And knowing this is a contract year where he's due to get paid? Would the Seahawks do this to Lynch? The Vikings to Peterson?

I think Morris deserves better and the Redskins may be pissing off one of the only good homegrown guys we have. C'mon, do right by him. The players who get busted for pot and other legal issues (Trent) get taken care of no matter what. Do right by Alfred. Play him and pay him.
VirgilTibbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2015, 10:55 AM   #2
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Gruden/Redskins Doing Alfred Morris Dirty

I think Gruden was trying to go with the hot hand. But Jones had 11 carries to Alfmos 6. He's gotta make it more 50/50. Jones having the hot hand or not, Alfmos carried this team for years. He's earned the right to get his fair share of handoffs.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:00 AM   #3
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

This is why I think he gave Jones the carries last night. Yes Jones was the hot hand, BUT in my opinion last night the Giants were pushing us around on the Oline in the run game due to having 8 men in the box. Jones offers a better initial burst to try and get through those extra bodies.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

He is making 1.5 mil this year. It is no longer a running back oriented league. If we can get a rookie to do what Alfred did but save against the cap for other areas of need I say do it. I like Alfred but he is going to command bigger bucks in the upcoming FA
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:03 AM   #5
Evilgrin
The Starter

If Jones keeps fumbling every game...

Redskins #2 In Revenue Per Year!
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:29 AM   #6
Schneed10
A Dude

Have you been watching the games? Alfred has been tentative coming through the hole the last few games, Jones is much more explosive through the hole.

Fumbles are a problem though. After last night that's two on Jonesy. Alfred needs to run with more authority and Jones needs to hold onto it.

No problem with Jones taking over. Absent the fumbles he's been by far the better runner.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:32 AM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Honestly I'm the biggest alf fan but Matt jones has big time talent at the RB position he's already being compared to guys like lynch. Alf will be fine he'll get his yards
Old 09-25-2015, 11:34 AM   #8
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
He is making 1.5 mil this year. It is no longer a running back oriented league. If we can get a rookie to do what Alfred did but save against the cap for other areas of need I say do it. I like Alfred but he is going to command bigger bucks in the upcoming FA
Absolutely. Its a passing league now and the big $ goes toward important players related to that on O and D.

AM has also had fumbling problems in his past but I think the tide has turned and this staff likes the young guy better.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:54 AM   #9
skinsfan69
Living Legend

FYI, there's no loyalty in the NFL. Gruden or SM did not draft Morris so therefore they really have no loyalty to him at all.

I think Gruden wants a guy who has more breakaway speed, can catch the ball out of the backfield and can pass protect. It's a cold business.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #10
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
FYI, there's no loyalty in the NFL. Gruden or SM did not draft Morris so therefore they really have no loyalty to him at all.

I think Gruden wants a guy who has more breakaway speed, can catch the ball out of the backfield and can pass protect. It's a cold business.
This is the exact reason why I don't think the QBs currently on the roster matter. McCloughan didn't draft Cousins or RG3 and doesn't have any loyalties to them.

By the way, if things start to fall apart even more, I would call Indy and ask if they'd want to trade for Morris. Frank Gore looks old and they have no one else in that backfield.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:18 PM   #11
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
This is the exact reason why I don't think the QBs currently on the roster matter. McCloughan didn't draft Cousins or RG3 and doesn't have any loyalties to them.

By the way, if things start to fall apart even more, I would call Indy and ask if they'd want to trade for Morris. Frank Gore looks old and they have no one else in that backfield.
I would agree. They have no loyalty to either QB. However they determined that KC was the best of the group and are rolling with him this season. When the season is over, I would expect them to draft someone, regardless of how good or bad KC plays.

If Morris is traded then so be it. It would really suck cause I love the guy but that's the cold reality of the NFL.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #12
itvnetop
Playmaker

Jones is a better runner for this offensive scheme- and he can pass catch. Last night's fumble was a pretty good play by the defender, so as mad as I was at the time (I've got him in all of my fantasy leagues too) I give him a pass.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #13
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

I've always loved Alfmo but we dont owe him anything and no one is jerking him around.
Hes been getting his paychecks.
Hes been a damn good Redskin but thru some very lackluster years.
I like having the one/two punch in the backfield and I hope we keep it if we can afford it.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:27 PM   #14
Evilgrin
The Starter

Dallas would love to get Morris for next year

Redskins #2 In Revenue Per Year!
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:45 PM   #15
30gut
Playmaker

There seems to be an organizational effort to phase Alf out.

I agree with OP, not out of loyalty but Alf ability to run through contact is useful in games like last night.
Overall they got away from the running game.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote