Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football Question

Fantasy Football

Old 08-20-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Special Teams

Fantasy Football Question

This isn't (unfortunately) a Redskin question - so don't get mad at me. I know you guys have a wealth of football knowledge and I have a fantasy question:

I have the #3 pick in a draft that starts soon. Who do i pick?

1) Larry Johnson - the obvious choice, but red flags b/c of holdouts and a sketchy offensive line
2) Joseph Addai - huge upside, but Indy has a tough schedule and like to throw
3) Frank Gore - very fragile, and only one good year - can he repeat? SF is improved, but by how much?
4) Shaun Alexander - high-risk, high-reward, but hasn't been the same since injury and loss of Hutchinson

What do you think? I know Peyton's an option, but I'm not keen on a QB in the 1st round no matter who it is....

I appreciate your insight!
Ade Jimoh Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-20-2007, 12:46 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Fantasy Football Question

Can't go wrong with any of them I don't think. I think you gotta take LJ though. Herm will run him into the ground, especially with Croyle or Huard at QB

Moving to Fantasy Football forum
Old 08-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #3
jbcjr14
The Starter

If you are not taking a QB and LT is still available that would be my first pick. No way in hell I would take Larry Johnson unless he ends the holdout before the draft. Addai is good, but I wouldn't pick him until a latter round. QB is where its at in round 1 IMO, and Peyton Manning/Tom Brady will get you many points on a consistent basis.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:37 PM   #4
Redskins8588
Playmaker

At the #3 spot you still have a very good chance of landing a guy you did not list. I would be all over Steven Jackson at the #3 spot. But thats just me, unless you feel that he will be gone. Then I would go with Frank Gore, fragile maybe, but Alex Smith is starting to come into his own which means that SF offense won't have to depend on Gore as much...
Old 08-20-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
At the #3 spot you still have a very good chance of landing a guy you did not list. I would be all over Steven Jackson at the #3 spot. But thats just me, unless you feel that he will be gone. Then I would go with Frank Gore, fragile maybe, but Alex Smith is starting to come into his own which means that SF offense won't have to depend on Gore as much...
I'm assuming that LT and SJ go #1 & #2 - so that's why I left himout...

Do you think Alex Smith's improvement will hurt Gore's numbers?
Ade Jimoh Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade Jimoh Fan Club View Post
I'm assuming that LT and SJ go #1 & #2 - so that's why I left himout...

Do you think Alex Smith's improvement will hurt Gore's numbers?
Not at all, if anything I think that Alex Smith's improvement will take less wear and tear off of Gore, allowing him to not be so fragile during the season. Also, with Smiths improvement I think that this will give Gore better running lanes. But I still see Gore getting 1100+ yards and 8-10+ td's this year. Now, with the addition of D. Jackson to the 49ers O makes them more than just one dimensional...
Old 08-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
GusFrerotte

Need to give Jackson of St Louis a look bud. He might not go #2 in your league. But if he does go #2, go with Addai. Sure the Colts throw, but Addai did get some good numbers in splitting the carries last season. Now he is the man in Indy, so his numbers should increase dramatically.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #8
GridIron26
Playmaker

I personally would go with Frank Gore - that's what I just did few days ago.. Frank Gore is fantasy stud, he can do both catch the ball and run the ball.. However someone just mentioned that Alex Smith is getting better and starting to get on his own without relying on Gore.. He is right but I am absolutely sure that it won't have any impact on Frank Gore.. I mean look at Edgerrin James back in when he was Indy.. Peyton Manning broke TDs record and yards and etc, and E. James managed to racked up 1,500 yds.. So.. BUT if Steven Jackson falls into #3, take him over anybody immediately..

BUT Addai is pretty good choice too..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #9
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

If S. Jackson drops, he's the no brainer. I love Alexander with the 3rd pick. He's not going to kill you like someone like Gore might. Addai could be a great pick, especially if you get points for receptions.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

If SJ makes it past #2 in your league I'd laugh all the way to the championship with him.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #11
FRPLG
MVP

What is your scoring system? Peyton is a serious option there in the right scoring system. Otherwise you have to go Gore or Addai and I personally would rather go with the guy who has done it before. I say Gore.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #12
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
If S. Jackson drops, he's the no brainer. I love Alexander with the 3rd pick. He's not going to kill you like someone like Gore might. Addai could be a great pick, especially if you get points for receptions.
I think the only risk to Gore is injury and Alexander has shown he is basicallyas much of an injury risk himself. I like the younger guy who hasn't lost part of his line and shown a decline. RB is a young man's position.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #13
KLHJ2
Inactive

While it is always popular to pick up a RB in the First round, do not always be sold on the guy who consintently pumps out 100 yard games. Instead look at the guy who is going to score 1 to 2 TD's per game. 100 yards only gives you 10 points in most leagues while a guy that gets you at least 50 yards and a TD gives you at least 11 points. Do not forget the Backs that are also receiving threats. I would say that Westbrook would be a steal at the number 3 spot. He runs for decent yardage, catches for decent yardage, and scores in almost every game.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:08 AM   #14
heybigstar
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I personally would go with Frank Gore - that's what I just did few days ago.. Frank Gore is fantasy stud, he can do both catch the ball and run the ball.. However someone just mentioned that Alex Smith is getting better and starting to get on his own without relying on Gore.. He is right but I am absolutely sure that it won't have any impact on Frank Gore.. I mean look at Edgerrin James back in when he was Indy.. Peyton Manning broke TDs record and yards and etc, and E. James managed to racked up 1,500 yds.. So.. BUT if Steven Jackson falls into #3, take him over anybody immediately..

BUT Addai is pretty good choice too..
This is a fantastic analysis...