Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Mike Williams and Troy Williamson

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-27-2005, 02:09 PM   #1
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Mike Williams and Troy Williamson

Im watching the combine broadcast right now, he just ran his first 40 at 4.61.

He had three false starts or whatever you want to call them, his second run should be faster. He looks freaking huge running out there.

Williamson is following Mike. He ran a 4.38 on his first run. He had one flase start. He looks fast.

Advertisements
Old 02-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Re: Mike Williams and Troy Williamson

as a second note. After Williams and Williamson made their runs, they moved the camera over to Gibbs who immediatly made a phone call.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Williams just did his second run, with a 4.59. Only one false start this time.

As a side note, Michael clayton also ran a 4.59 and was teh most productive rookie last year.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:23 PM   #4
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Troy Williamson just ran his second, 4.40 unoffically, so his time dropped a little, but is still fast.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:54 PM   #5
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

how about that guy from hampton running around 4.35 or something like that I think it was?

and willams looked in pretty good shape for a guy who hadn't played in a year. anyone know what his vertical and broad jumps were?
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 02:59 PM   #6
FARAPS
Camp Scrub

mike williams running a 4.59 as his best time could be good for us because if he ran anything much better there would be no chance of him dropping to us, now there is. I still dont think we will be able to get him if we dont trade up however. If were lucky the bears won't get williams or edwards. However then the titans could pick up one of them because of mason leaving the team. If this happens then the vikes will almost certainly pick up the other one and we will have a tough choice. If williams and edwards are gone, is williamson too high to take at 9th or should we trade down and take the risk of losing him to the chargers or cowboys, or someone else?
FARAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:16 PM   #7
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

What did Art Monk run the 40 in? I take it Williams will be a possession receiver, not a burner, so high speed may not matter as much as rotue running, hands, size...

Still, I agree, let's hope this drops his stock so we have the option if we want it.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:18 PM   #8
MTK
\m/

Didn't Boldin run a crappy 40 too before his rookie season?

A 4.6 isn't all that bad for a guy with Williams size
Old 02-27-2005, 03:19 PM   #9
arrington_QBkiller
Camp Scrub

The Titans don't need another reciever, I hear they are happy with Calico and Bennett, so I think that counts them out for another reciever
arrington_QBkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #10
FARAPS
Camp Scrub

although im hoping that either williams or edwards will drop to us at the 9th pick, the truth is i doubt that will happen. i am afraid that someone will trade up for the bears pick to select one of them, maybe the cowgirls or the chargers. My question remains if both williams and edwards are gone, what do we do with the ninth pick? i would like to see us get williamson but i think 9th overall is too high, but then again do we run the risk of him being taken while trading down for more picks? WHAT DO WE DO?
FARAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:08 PM   #11
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

the bears just signed Mushin, Bucs needs a running back more than a receiver. The Vikings should go defense...everything points to peopel trading up to draft one of those two receivers in my opinion. But I dont see them both going before out pick the way things stand right now
Old 02-27-2005, 04:15 PM   #12
e16bball
Special Teams

That guy from Hampton who was mentioned previously is named Jerome Mathis and I have seen him play live. He is, quite simply, the fastest human being I have ever seen. If we don't get a WR in the first (and quite frankly even if we do) I would love to get him in the 3rd. He was the best kick returner in I-AA football in addition to being a top WR. Also, he dominated the Gridiron Classic All-Star game. He would immediately become a top KR in the league, and could eventually be a Santana Moss-mold WR.
e16bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:18 PM   #13
monk81
The Starter

They also said Williams was more suited to west coast type offense............if Gibbs is going to short passes..........that's us.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:19 PM   #14
e16bball
Special Teams

And in response to Williams' 40...

No its not a bad time for someone his size. The thing is, he has been telling people that he would run a sub-4.45. If that was the case, there was no way he would get out of the top 3. If he ran even a sub-4.5, we would have no shot at getting him at 9. With this fortuitous turn of events, he could very definitely fall a bit. And don't discount the running of Troy Williamson. I don't think he will be worth our pick, but if you think more deeply about it, he may be a VERY enticing option for the Vikings at 18. If they think they can get him there, they might very well move to pick up Johnson, Rolle, or Jones at number 7.

If we want to move down, I think perhaps the best team to trade with is the Texans. They have two 3rd rounders, and would be much more likely to part with a 2nd b/c of that. They could be looking to snare Pac-Man or Antrel (Aaron Glenn is ancient), or maybe even Marcus Spears or Shawne Merriman for their 3-4 if they impress. At 13, I definitely think we could still get Williamson and perhaps a new 2nd rounder.
e16bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:20 PM   #15
monk81
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES
as a second note. After Williams and Williamson made their runs, they moved the camera over to Gibbs who immediatly made a phone call.
And the comment the announcers made.......Joe's calling to say he saw some fast time. And at least Joe was awake......did you see the shot of Mike Martz sleeping during the QB drills.....................