Peter King MMQB

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-27-2005, 02:47 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

Peter King MMQB

Excerpts regarding the Skins:

Quote:
SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GIANTS' HANDLING OF THEIR LOSS AT WASHINGTON. From Eric, of Bowie N.C.: "Is there any good reason why the Giants left Will Allen one-on-one with Santana Moss? If you double him with a safety, the Redskins have absolutely no passing game.''

I believe the Giants did have a safety over the top; he was just late in getting over to the play. And Eric, did you see the Redskins-Cowboys game last week? Fellow by the name of Chris Cooley, a tight end/H-back, caught three touchdown passes from Mark Brunell. Know this about a Joe Gibbs-coached team: He's going to find different ways to get lots of guys involved in the passing game.

SIMPLIFY THE PLAYBOOK FOR ELI MANNING. From Neil Rosen of New York: "I am a huge Giants fan and think their problems arise when Manning has to do too much. The playbook should be simplified. It should have more screens, down and outs, draw plays and three-step releases.''

Well, Neil, I respect your fervor, and thanks for writing. But let me just say this: No one would be writing this about Manning, and the talk shows in New York wouldn't be filled with Manning hand-wringing in the last three days if Plaxico Burress had caught a pass right in his hands, in the end zone, on the first play of Saturday's game, and if Chris Snee hadn't committed a totally meaningless holding penalty on the fourth-quarter touchdown pass to Amani Toomer that was negated.

Advertisements
Old 12-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
Southpaw
The Starter

Re: Peter King MMQB

I love when "respected" columnists use if's in their columns. It makes them sound far less neutral. If this and that happened, the Giants would have won, eh? Well, I can come up with a handful of if's that would have Washington at 14-1 if they had gone the other way.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
dmek25
MVP

Re: Peter King MMQB

wouldve couldve mightve shit just like coach parcells says you are what you are(right now thats the hottest team in the league)its good to be the king
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote