Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Shaun Alexander: stat hog?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-24-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

Shaun Alexander: stat hog?

You guys see him run in the game late to tie the record for 27 TD's in a season?

What do you guys think?

Personally I think he's a stat whore and even though he has mad game it kinda irks me.

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2005, 10:45 PM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Shaun Alexander: stat hog?

i don't give a crap. Let him break his record, the only reason he was put in to score a touchdown was so he could have his record, and not cry like he did after last year when he lost out on the rushing title by 1 yard.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:47 PM   #3
ST21
Impact Rookie

he got screwed last year, for the rushing title.........he deserves to be a little greedy, because he's always been unselfish
Old 12-24-2005, 10:48 PM   #4
saden1
MVP

Why not? I would want my team to win and get the record. No one said anything when Manning was on a TD passing clinic last year.

p.s. Since I live in Seattle I am peaking to buy Skins vs Seahawks tickets!

Last edited by saden1; 01-04-2006 at 02:14 AM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:52 PM   #5
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

last year when he cried over 1 yard makes hate me the guy.

wewhite i don't think he got "skrewed" last year. I am not sure if you really mean skrewed-widely used term- but he wasn't skrewed. Well i think what alexander said was "i was robbed". I liked curtis martin a hell of a lot more anyways.

He is one of those 'me' guys. And he hurt me in fantasy. In both of my leagues i am in the championship and playing shawn in both of em'. It'll be close, i just don't feel like counting up numbers
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:57 PM   #6
saden1
MVP

He said something like "I got stabbed in the back!" But hey, doesn't the rushing title come with money and a trophy? Whatever he did he did take it too far. Plus he doesn't have a long term contract, which is a travesty in my opinion.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:58 PM   #7
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1
I said something like "I got stabbed in the back!" But hey, doesn't the rushing title come with money and a trophy? Whatever he did he did take it too far. Plus he doesn't have a long term contract, which is a travesty in my opinion.
lol i remember now. stupid cry baby
Old 12-24-2005, 11:01 PM   #8
dmek25
MVP

how did he get screwed?the hawks are more worried about wins than stats.maybe mr alexander should worry about we instead of me
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:04 PM   #9
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

it would have been somewhat karmic if because of that greed he had gotten banged up enough to miss the playoffs. The game was way past over and as far as I know, the other rbs on the team were fine so I think it was rather pathetic, but then again nowadays self stat fullment seems to supercede the teams goals for way too many players in the league especially when so much more money is involved than 20-30 years ago.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:58 PM   #10
wolfeskins
The Starter

i don't mind it, as long as it can be done while sticking to the coaches game plan. i like seeing records get broken. hopefully next week the redskins win and both moss and portis break a record.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:38 AM   #11
sniks
Camp Scrub

what if it was portis.Would you guys still think the same?I bet you wouldnt have a problem with it.I personally think its O.K.
sniks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:47 AM   #12
FRPLG
MVP

give the guy a break. there are a lot worse things he could do. the rushing title last year cost him money plus it was sort of a slap in the face towards a guy they weren't working too hard to shore up with a long term deal. looked like they didn't care about records and such which they should when they have the chance and the situation is appropriate. you like to do a good job and be recognized for it don't you? these guys are the same. cut him some slack.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 12:58 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniks
what if it was portis.Would you guys still think the same?I bet you wouldnt have a problem with it.I personally think its O.K.
Personally I can't see Portis trying to run past Gibbs to get in the game to score a meaningless TD.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:00 AM   #14
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Quote:
for the tie of a record sure. The way alexander handled himself is my problem. He ran out there before being told to and i think holmgren had to put his hand on his chest and tell him to back off. Then i am sure he remembered the stuff alexander said last year and then was like ok let him in. Portis is more of a team player and gibbs or bugez would send him in if they thought he should be in. Portis wouldn't just run in without being told to

Holmgren let alexander in because of fear of what alexander might say

I would be EXTREMELY mad at portis if he said that gibbs stabbed him in the back over not padding his stats and trying to win a big divisional game.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:05 AM   #15
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
If he was put back in with us being up 21-6 with barely over 4 minutes left with home field and a first round bye clinched, I know I'd personally be dissapointed in him and the coaches, but that's me. I'm all for breaking records if done when meaningful to the outcome of the game but not when you are crushing a team that has it's second and third string players out on defense it's rather pathetic.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote