Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

So NOW...which is better? PS4 or XBOX One?

Parking Lot

Old 10-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

So NOW...which is better? PS4 or XBOX One?

So now that the latest gaming consoles have had a little time on the market, which do you think is the better gaming / entertainment console at this point? PS4 or Xbox One?

For those who own either one of these (or both), rate how much better the graphics are on these consoles compared to their predecessors.

This will help me to decide which one I should get down the road (I usually wait until the price goes down a bit and the games improve.)

For the record, I still use my PS3 and still consider the graphics to be top notch.

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: So NOW...which is better? PS4 or XBOX One?

I have both, I prefer the ps4. My wife uses the xbox one as her entertainment center. I use my ps4 wayyyyyy more, both have their pluses, but if you want a gaming experience, I say go with the ps4, if you want the entertainment aspect go xbox 1

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

As far as gaming goes I think both are almost equal. The PS4 has 1 aspect that is supposedly better (that I forgot which, either RAM or HD) but in terms of gaming experience I don't think you can go wrong with either. Really comes down to what your friends play, and for that reason I'm probably gonna go with PS4 eventually.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
jamf
Pro Bowl

EQ hit on the head, PS4 for hard core gamers and XBone for media center.

PS4 is going to have better specs but at this level graphics aren't going to be the deciding factor.
Get your hands on both, it just comes down to preference.

Also, check games.
Xbox one doesn't have a good baseball game, PS4 does. there are other differences. might be a deal breaker for some people.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #5
MTK
\m/

Don't think you can go wrong with either one really. I've got the PS4 myself but with the next price cut or a good bundle deal I'll probably get the xbone too.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #6
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Thanks guys! It sounds like they're both pretty much neck and neck in terms of competition. I figured by the time I'm ready to purchase one or the other, I'll know exactly how much time I'll have for video games when my baby boy arrives (which will probably be no time at all.)
Old 10-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

PS4 is the safer bet. Slightly better graphics (technically 50% more power, which isn't really as much a difference as one would think) but the end result is more multiplat games are 1080p with higher frame rates on PS4 than XBox One. Personally the only reason I'm even entertaining the idea of an Xbox One at this point is I'm interested in Halo 5 and the Master Chief Collection but thats a lot of money for a handful of games.

PS4 vs. Xbox One Native Resolutions and Framerates - Xbox One Wiki Guide - IGN
Quote:
Call of Duty: Ghosts

PS4: 1920x1080 (1080p) | Xbox One: 1280x720 (720p)

Battlefield 4

PS4: 1600x900 (900p) | Xbox One: 720p

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Via The Verge)

PS4: 1080p | Xbox One: 900p

Need for Speed: Rivals

PS4: 1080p | Xbox One: 1080p
Chances are games like GTA5 remastered is going to look and play better on PS4 than XBO.

Sony's in house studios have also done a much better job than Microsoft on exclusives. Most notable game as of late being The Last of Us (Remastered). Other games like Uncharted 4 and The Order: 1886 also figure to be pretty good not to mention that with a PS4 you'd get to play The Last of Us 2. On top of that Sony as a whole seems to support their first party studios a lot more than Microsoft.

Many of my favorite games last gen were in fact Sony Exclusives (Heavy Rain, Uncharted 1-3, Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Infamous 1-2, God of War 3, MLB the Show) where as the only exclusives I owned for my 360 were...well Halo games and the original Dead Rising.

(Of course though I'm not a huge fan there's little doubt that no one in the industry is better than Nintendo at first party exclusives.)

There's also rumblings inside the Microsoft Board Room that the gaming division of Microsoft isn't profitable enough so I'd guess there's a ~10% risk that the XBO could get Dreamscast'd, though the more likely result is someone like Warner Brothers would buy the gaming division of Microsoft in that scenario.

Of course why choose between PS4 and XBox One when you can get a bad ass PC? Granted you wouldn't be able to play Madden but that might change as Fifa and NBA 2K15 will feature the PS4/XBO engines on their PC counterparts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I have both, I prefer the ps4. My wife uses the xbox one as her entertainment center. I use my ps4 wayyyyyy more, both have their pluses, but if you want a gaming experience, I say go with the ps4, if you want the entertainment aspect go xbox 1
Over a year later and I still find this video hilarious

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 10-03-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #8
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Well, I would, ultimately, go the route of building my own gaming system, but I would not be satisfied with getting middle of the road parts for it. Which means I'd probably put 10 times the amount of money into a gaming computer as I would a gaming console. Although, in terms of shooter games, I'd rather play those with a keyboard and mouse than controller - but I am mostly into sports games - with Madden being my all time favorite.

One thing I have always liked about the XBOX is the kinect feature. Although, I've thought about buying an XBOX 360 (for cheap) and the kinect for the workout games. Does PS4 still support Move?
Old 10-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #9
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I've never played XB1 but I love my PS4. I can't wait to get a bigger HDTV so I can really open her up.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I've never played XB1 but I love my PS4. I can't wait to get a bigger HDTV so I can really open her up.
Eventually, I'll get a PS4 and have it hooked up to the 70" in the living room and move the PS3 to the bedroom.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Well, I would, ultimately, go the route of building my own gaming system, but I would not be satisfied with getting middle of the road parts for it. Which means I'd probably put 10 times the amount of money into a gaming computer as I would a gaming console. Although, in terms of shooter games, I'd rather play those with a keyboard and mouse than controller - but I am mostly into sports games - with Madden being my all time favorite.

One thing I have always liked about the XBOX is the kinect feature. Although, I've thought about buying an XBOX 360 (for cheap) and the kinect for the workout games. Does PS4 still support Move?
It does support the move, but only in very minimal aspects. The Move has been a bit of a joke as has all motion controlled gaming lately. Like others have said, both are roughly the same system with the ps4 having slightly higher specs. The big keys for me as someone who had both and traded in my PS4 already, but kept my XB1 was exclusives and online. I've had far fewer issues with the online on my XB1, have much more in the way of friends who went Xbox, and all the exclusives or noticeably better version of multi platform games I wanted for PS4 either got delayed or turned into dissapointments like infamous and the order. I'm super stoked for Sunset Overdrive, the Master Chief Collection, and Quantum Break for my Xbox one as well as the main supported console for titles like Evolve and The Division. I know I'll own a PS4 again next year for Batman(best console version) and Bloodborne, Until Dawn,and eventually Uncharted 4 (sadly not the order anymore after seeing and playing it in person) because just like last gen with my PS3 & 360 I like being able to play all of the exclusives which means owning everything at some point.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm just about ready to get a PS4, waiting until I see a good deal for one. In between the new AC, Far Cry 4, and GTA V, as soon as I see a good package bundle on sale I'll be putting some money down.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #13
Avinash_Tyagi
Special Teams

PC is better than both
Avinash_Tyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #14
mredskins
Gamebreaker

I am loving my 360 right now. Games are cheap, accessories cheap, etc...

I am really busy with kids so i am far behind on games. I am behind the tech curve and the price breaks are awesome.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_Tyagi View Post
PC is better than both
Sure, if you have thousands of dollars to blow on a decent gaming pc, but not everyone wants to invest that much time or money into something that will always be outdated in a couple years. I have a low-end gaming pc but I like using my PS3/eventually PS4 because I don't want to overload my computer with software.