Special Teams

Lane Kiffin = Douche

Anyone believe Al Davis now?

Advertisements
Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Lane Kiffin = Douche

You might be the only person ever who has started two different threads in one month calling a college coach a douche...is your username spelled wrong?

But yes Lane is a bit of an ass it seems
Old 01-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Him, Nick Saban and the devil should chill together.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
Big C
Mr. Brightside

well kiffin was a douche before this bullshit but yes, now its plain for everyone to see. lane kiffin is an asshole.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

I guess he couldnt hang with the big boys.
Urban - 1
Lame - 0

STFU Lane, for all that talk you didnt do sh.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I'm sorry but I seem to have missed it. What was his particular douchebaggery?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
mlmdub130
Playmaker

i was actually thinking about this earlier today, but it does see pretty shitty how all these coaches keep bailing out on these programs more and more often, you gotta feel for some of thes kids that get lured into the schools by coaches only to leave after one year. it just seems like now a days coaches seem to change schools/colleges every few years, instead of stocking with one program and building it for a while. i guess when it comes down to it, it's all about the money and loalty is out the window

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:46 PM   #8
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Lane Kiffin and the New Beverly Hillbillies - Fark Board - TigerDroppings.com

Check this out.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:10 PM   #9
duetsch215
Special Teams

nope spelled the right way....last name. Pronounced deech tho
Old 01-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #10
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I'm sorry but I seem to have missed it. What was his particular douchebaggery?
he went to tennessee talking crap about florida, calling out urban meyer on false recruiting violations, gets a good recruiting class, probably has his own recruiting violations, then bails on them after one year to go to usc, and is now telling the kids that were due to enroll today to not go to class so they can go to usc instead. not really a classy guy.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #11
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by duetsch215 View Post
nope spelled the right way....last name. Pronounced deech tho
I was just messin' with ya
Old 01-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i was actually thinking about this earlier today, but it does see pretty shitty how all these coaches keep bailing out on these programs more and more often, you gotta feel for some of thes kids that get lured into the schools by coaches only to leave after one year. it just seems like now a days coaches seem to change schools/colleges every few years, instead of stocking with one program and building it for a while. i guess when it comes down to it, it's all about the money and loalty is out the window
I thought it was pretty hilarious how Kiffin talked about giving it his all...for 14 months.

Still, I don't know that I can be totally upset with him for jumping at this opportunity. I mean it's a bit different for football because players have to stay through their sophomore seasons but what about a guy like John Wall with Kentucky basketball. Highly recruited, commits to Kentucky, but he'll probably bail after one year. Where's the loyalty there? And should there really be any loyalty? I mean college is to prepare you for the next step in your life and if a player like Wall feels he's ready for that next step who's to say he shouldn't go for it.

But, of course, it's not about the one or two players who may bolt early it's about the hundreds of others who won't/can't, it's about the faculty, the fans, the community, all those people who expected Kiffin to be their guy only to watch him run to USC. I can understand their frustration.

What really strikes me as odd is how this guy became qualified for the job in the first place? He's been pretty mediocre as a head coach. I know he wasn't their first, second, third, or fourth choice but still there weren't any other options.

Interesting side note that Lakers owner Jerry Buss reportedly paid Kiffin's buyout to get him out of Tennessee.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #13
GMScud
Swearinger

I heart this thread.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #14
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I thought it was pretty hilarious how Kiffin talked about giving it his all...for 14 months.

Still, I don't know that I can be totally upset with him for jumping at this opportunity. I mean it's a bit different for football because players have to stay through their sophomore seasons but what about a guy like John Wall with Kentucky basketball. Highly recruited, commits to Kentucky, but he'll probably bail after one year. Where's the loyalty there? And should there really be any loyalty? I mean college is to prepare you for the next step in your life and if a player like Wall feels he's ready for that next step who's to say he shouldn't go for it.

But, of course, it's not about the one or two players who may bolt early it's about the hundreds of others who won't/can't, it's about the faculty, the fans, the community, all those people who expected Kiffin to be their guy only to watch him run to USC. I can understand their frustration.

What really strikes me as odd is how this guy became qualified for the job in the first place? He's been pretty mediocre as a head coach. I know he wasn't their first, second, third, or fourth choice but still there weren't any other options.

Interesting side note that Lakers owner Jerry Buss reportedly paid Kiffin's buyout to get him out of Tennessee.
im sure kentucky knew wall would be one and done. pretty different. like you said, bball and football are very different on the college level. hes not only betraying the recruits he promised, but the university.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:09 AM   #15
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
im sure kentucky knew wall would be one and done. pretty different. like you said, bball and football are very different on the college level. hes not only betraying the recruits he promised, but the university.
I guess the point I was trying to make is that there isn't a lot of loyalty from any side. I'm not trying to justify what Kiffin did though.

Not the same thing, but I remember when I was offered a chance to move up here and work I had actually just recently started another job. Small company that I don't think even exists anymore. But when I told my boss I was leaving he was pissed. Said I showed no loyalty, had betrayed his trust and that karma was a bitch. It was a little ridiculous considering I had no contractual obligation to stay and hadn't even been there long enough for him to get so worked up about it. But I also know that just a few months before I was suddenly fired one day from a good-paying job because my boss wanted to make changes to shake things up and then I got hired by another company only to lose that job when the company was abruptly sold between the time I was hired and was supposed to start working. So in less than 6 months I had lost two jobs-one of which I hadn't even started. So the last thing I needed was a lecture on loyalty. No one was loyal to me. It all worked out in the end of course, but still it's not something I will ever forget.