Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

D.C United?

Other Sports

Old 11-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
InsaneBoost
The Starter

D.C United?

Just curious as to how many D.C United fans there are on this board. Just have some questions for those who have been.

How long have you been a fan?
How many games do you go to each season?
Are you part of the Barra Brava?
Favorite Player?

I guess I should start off by answering my own questions if I'm going to be asking them.

I got into D.C United in 2007. I wasn't a huge soccer fan before then, hell I use to laugh at the sport, but a friend of mine who loves soccer and D.C United invited me to go to a game so I decided to check it out. Mostly because I had never been to RFK.

Well it was actually pretty entertaining, we lost to Chicago Fire, but the game was definitely awesome and sitting in La Barra Brava was badass, definitely was something to remember. The stands bounce up and down during the games when doing certain chants, so I guess I kinda got a small feel as to what it was like during the We Want Dallas chant.

I go to as many games as I can each year, this past season my friend and I weren't able to connect on many games so we only got to two, yeah I know pathetic.

I joined La Barra Brava this past season. Have a La Barra Brava flag in my room, jersey as well as scarf.

I enjoy Emilio a lot, definitely one of my favorite players. I see he's up there year through I guess what soccer considering free agency? Hoping we can keep him.

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Re: D.C United?

I wouldn't say I'm a diehard fan, but I've followed DC United since the inception of the MLS. I've never been to a game, but one of these days I'll get down there to see them live. And, since Benny Olsen retired, I'd have to go with Jaime Moreno.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
dmek25
MVP

Re: D.C United?

what is this soccer that you speak of?