Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Manny and Ortiz on the infamous list; tested positive for PEDs in '03

Other Sports

Old 07-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Manny and Ortiz on the infamous list; tested positive for PEDs in '03

Report: Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz tested positive for PEDs in 2003 - ESPN

Nothing breaks a curse like good old fashioned juicing.
More seriously, like always, sucks for these guys that these supposedly anonymous test results were leaked.

Advertisements
Old 07-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
redsk1
The Starter

Re: Manny and Ortiz on the infamous list; tested positive for PEDs in '03

The lovefest w/ Manny kind of makes me sick. Everyone else has been villified, but Manny, noooo, he get's special treatment b/c he's a goofball.

Time for Manny to get his.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
Schneed10
A Dude

I could give a rat's ass about steroids in baseball. Talk about a subject I wish would just go away.

Ban 'em from hall eligibility. Next topic, plz.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

Wow another shocker rocks the sports world.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
mredskins
Gamebreaker

^ Seriously it has lost it's shock value. the one player that would shock me at this point would be Curt Schilling just becasue he was so against them.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
FRPLG
MVP

The only part of this I find interesting is that a great majority of those testing positive are Latin American players. Why? I know a lot of them are good friends so maybe it was just one clique but I find it hard to believe it was only them.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
over the mountain
Playmaker

big papi said players caught using roids should be banned for life.

why so many latin americans? PEDs are readily available and not illegal in the domincan republic among other places.

go skins!!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Ask 100 Red Sox fans if they would accept their star players being on roids if it meant the team would win the World Series in 2004 (and 2007), and 200 hands would go up.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
MTK
\m/

This would be news if they tested negative for PEDs.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #10
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Report: Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz tested positive for PEDs in 2003 - ESPN

Nothing breaks a curse like good old fashioned juicing.
More seriously, like always, sucks for these guys that these supposedly anonymous test results were leaked.
I'm not a Red Sox fan, so it's not in my interest that their 2004 title (or 2007 title) be defended, but consider that a) 104 other players tested positive in the year Manny and Ortiz tested positive, which was actually 2003, and b) the Yankee team that beat the Red Sox in the 2003 playoffs consisted of Andy Pettite (admitted PED user), Jason Giambi (admitted PED user, in grand jury testimony), and Roger Clemens (Mitchell report name). Just saying . . .
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #11
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Ask 100 Red Sox fans if they would accept their star players being on roids if it meant the team would win the World Series in 2004 (and 2007), and 200 hands would go up.
Please do not speak of what you do not know of...I of course am from Boston, all my family members and I have a TON of friends that live in the area that are all Sox fans...most of us are VERY upset about Ortiz and Pedro. Ashamed really. It's disgusting what Baseball has become. of course there basically is no team that doesn't have this problem, but that just means baseball needs to get tougher and tougher.

So unless you meant 200 hands will go up out of like 10,000, I think you are wrong sir. In fact, I have first hand knowledge to the contrary. Some have even said it tainted the championships.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:57 PM   #12
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackJoeT View Post
I'm not a Red Sox fan, so it's not in my interest that their 2004 title (or 2007 title) be defended, but consider that a) 104 other players tested positive in the year Manny and Ortiz tested positive, which was actually 2003, and b) the Yankee team that beat the Red Sox in the 2003 playoffs consisted of Andy Pettite (admitted PED user), Jason Giambi (admitted PED user, in grand jury testimony), and Roger Clemens (Mitchell report name). Just saying . . .
And don't forget Aaron "bleeping" Boone who hit the infamous home run in the 2003 ALCS off Wakefield to thrust the Yankees past the Sox.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Please do not speak of what you do not know of...I of course am from Boston, all my family members and I have a TON of friends that live in the area that are all Sox fans...most of us are VERY upset about Ortiz and Pedro. Ashamed really. It's disgusting what Baseball has become. of course there basically is no team that doesn't have this problem, but that just means baseball needs to get tougher and tougher.

So unless you meant 200 hands will go up out of like 10,000, I think you are wrong sir. In fact, I have first hand knowledge to the contrary. Some have even said it tainted the championships.
OK then, for all intents and purposes, Boston still hasn't won in 100+ years.

I for one am relishing this. If I had to name one more sports story that I am done hearing about, besides performance enhancing drugs in baseball, it would have to be anything to do with the Boston Red Sox.

Overexposed ESPN boy toys, that's who they are.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #14
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
OK then, for all intents and purposes, Boston still hasn't won in 100+ years.

I for one am relishing this. If I had to name one more sports story that I am done hearing about, besides performance enhancing drugs in baseball, it would have to be anything to do with the Boston Red Sox.

Overexposed ESPN boy toys, that's who they are.
Just like every team since the A's in the late 80's haven't won a world series either since PEDS became a regular part of baseball?

What are you relishing? The fact that every team has a culprit and baseball is trying to implode? Just goes to show you how deep it is.
FYI, there is absolutely no proof this is a legit list. I do personally believe it to be legit, but it could be just as false as it is true. No proof on anything.

Hey Schneed, remember the time the Sox were down in the 9th inning, and the were down in the series 3-0, and roberts stole second off rivera which capped the biggest and best comeback in the history of sports? 9th inning, 2 outs, down to the last batter!!!! WOW. Comeback for the ages my friend. No one will see anything like that again! What an amazing comeback...only the Sox baby!!!

On a side note, did you see Jim Rice (from the Red Sox of course) make the hall this past week? Brings a tear to your eye! Loved that guy as a kid, and he played the game the RIGHT way. Shame on the voters for taking so long on him!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #15
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Just like every team since the A's in the late 80's haven't won a world series either since PEDS became a regular part of baseball?

What are you relishing? The fact that every team has a culprit and baseball is trying to implode? Just goes to show you how deep it is.
FYI, there is absolutely no proof this is a legit list. I do personally believe it to be legit, but it could be just as false as it is true. No proof on anything.

Hey Schneed, remember the time the Sox were down in the 9th inning, and the were down in the series 3-0, and roberts stole second off rivera which capped the biggest and best comeback in the history of sports? 9th inning, 2 outs, down to the last batter!!!! WOW. Comeback for the ages my friend. No one will see anything like that again! What an amazing comeback...only the Sox baby!!!

On a side note, did you see Jim Rice (from the Red Sox of course) make the hall this past week? Brings a tear to your eye! Loved that guy as a kid, and he played the game the RIGHT way. Shame on the voters for taking so long on him!
Hey jsarno, remember Bill Buckner? Bucky Dent? Only the Sox, baby!

No proof other than a positive test. Not sure what other kind of proof you need.

Amazing how a once humble Red Sox nation has gotten so cocky. I, too, am SO done with hearing about the Sox. I hate the Yanks with a passion. The Sox are just irritating. Could any song be more played out than Sweet Caroline? Barf.

Two of the Sox players who were most crucial to bringing them their 1st championship(s) in nearly 90 years did so while juicing. Papi's steroid supplier (Manny) moves to the west coast, and then tests positive (again) and gets a 50 game ban, all the while Papi's production falls off a cliff. Oops. Makes me grin, for sure.

Last edited by GMScud; 08-01-2009 at 09:22 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote