Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Getting Married!

Parking Lot

Old 08-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Getting Married!

Well, after years and years of the single life, I have finally found the woman I plan to marry. We set a date this past weekend - October 20, 2012. We are giving ourselves a good year to plan & save money! Boy, do I need to save too! Let's just say that PB&J sandwich I had for lunch is a distant memory now! ;-)

Anyways, we want to do a Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon. Anywhere except for the Bahamas. She's been there quite a bit, and even though I have never had the chance to cruise to the Bahamas, I definitely want to experience a new place with her for the first time. Any advice on the cruise would be most helpful.

P.S. I have already trained her on not scheduling stuff during Redskins games. I give her a copy of the schedule before the season so she knows where I will be (or want to be) during football season...LOL!

Advertisements
Old 08-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: Getting Married!

Congrats!

We have done a little cruising in our time and have a Carnival cruise booked for next May. You may like the itinerary.

Ship - Carnival Legend out of Tampa - 7 DAY CRUISE

Carnival Legend Cruise Ship, Carnival Legend Reviews - Carnival Cruise Lines

Tampa
Day at sea
Cozumel
Grand Caymen
Belize
Roatan (Honduras)
Day at sea
Tampa

Also check this forum where all your cruise questions can be answered.
Cruise Critic Message Boards
Old 08-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Well, after years and years of the single life, I have finally found the woman I plan to marry. We set a date this past weekend - October 20, 2012. We are giving ourselves a good year to plan & save money! Boy, do I need to save too! Let's just say that PB&J sandwich I had for lunch is a distant memory now! ;-)

Anyways, we want to do a Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon. Anywhere except for the Bahamas. She's been there quite a bit, and even though I have never had the chance to cruise to the Bahamas, I definitely want to experience a new place with her for the first time. Any advice on the cruise would be most helpful.

P.S. I have already trained her on not scheduling stuff during Redskins games. I give her a copy of the schedule before the season so she knows where I will be (or want to be) during football season...LOL!
Congrats, I did the same thing when I got engaged. I said whatever you want is fine... as long as it doesn't happen during football season.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
saden1
MVP

Congrats man...being married is great.

Question...how is a Caribbean Cruise to XYZ Island any different than a Caribbean Cruise to the Bahamas? Do you have a honeymoon budget and is it separate from your wedding budget?

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 08-29-2011 at 03:28 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
GMScud
Swearinger

Congrats! My wife and I just celebrated our 1 yr anniversary in June. I love married life. I think SBXVII should be preemptively banned from this thread after what he did to my wedding thread.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Thanks guys! I'm excited!

@ Alvin Walton: Thank you for that link, I am going to check that out! We had thought about Jamaica, but we'd have to leave the very next day, and I kind of wanted a day in between to pack and rest up for the trip. But, that trip sounds really nice!!!

@ Matty: Unfortunately, it IS during football season, but maybe I will luck up and it will be on a bye week...LOL!!!

@ Saden: Thanks man! I am definitely looking forward to being married. She is by far perfect for me and everything I have ever wanted in a woman! I guess the difference is that the Caribbean encompasses different locations than just the Bahamas. You can find different Caribbean cruises that port in places like Mexico, St. Lucia (I think I spelled that correctly), Jamaica, etc.. so, they're all considered Caribbean cruises, but you don't port in the same places. At least that is what I understand. I have never been on a cruise, never been to any of those places, so I really don't know what I'm talking about...LOL!!!!

We do have a separate budget just for the honeymoon. Since it's my place to pay for the honeymoon, I have put myself on a budget and a time table for when I hope to have the money ready to book the cruise. I'm sure I need to book it in advance, so I'd like to have the money by no later than March if possible.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Congrats! My wife and I just celebrated our 1 yr anniversary in June. I love married life. I think SBXVII should be preemptively banned from this thread after what he did to my wedding thread.
LOL! I'm glad to hear that after a year, you're still enjoying married life. I think I am going to enjoy it as well. Both of us have waited until our 30's to find that right person.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Congrats, sir!

Treat her right and you'll love marriage.

Also, getting her trained about the Skins ahead of time is great. My wife hated football when we got married, now she sits with me during games, even replays of preseason games I DVR'd and asks questions...trying to learn the game! She surprised me with a trip to Fan Appreciation Day last year. They can be trained if you just saturate them with all Redskins all the time. Wives are tougher than kids to indoctrinate but if they really love you, it can be done. If you catch one who doesn't have a dedication to a team, at least.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Congrats and welcome to the club. My wife and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary this past July. I didn't do a cruise for my honeymoon, but I did go to an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean (the Dominican Republic). I would just recommend that whatever vacation you go to (cruise/resort) make sure that it is all-inclusive. Though I think most cruises are like that nowadays. Well enjoy and congrats once again!
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #10
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
LOL! I'm glad to hear that after a year, you're still enjoying married life. I think I am going to enjoy it as well. Both of us have waited until our 30's to find that right person.
Congrats....Dead-man walking!!!!

J/K, I've been married 11 yrs. It has its ups(mostly)and downs (just deal with them and think of the ups and you'll get through just fine).

I've had to suck it up and watch Dancing w/Stars and Bachelor....but during the season, football is on every night except Tues & Wed. with her watching too. She deserves credit, she knows more than the "barstool" coaches for sure.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I've got her trained up in the Redskins ways. She actually bought me tickets to a Redskins game last year for Christmas. She knows how much I love the Redskins!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #12
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Missing football aside, Ocotober is a good time to go on a cruise. There will be very few kids on the ship.
If you could even bump it out into November it would be even better as you would be farther removed from hurricane season.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #13
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Missing football aside, Ocotober is a good time to go on a cruise. There will be very few kids on the ship.
If you could even bump it out into November it would be even better as you would be farther removed from hurricane season.

I would be open for that! It would give me an extra month to save!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:52 AM   #14
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Congrats!! I just got married in June.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #15
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Congrats!! I just got married in June.
Congrats Quake!