Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2011 Season & 2012 Draft

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

2011 Season & 2012 Draft

Didn't know where to put this so I started a new thread IMO it is a good read.

Will the Washington Redskins draft first in 2012? | Rich Tandler's Real Redskins
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: 2011 Season & 2012 Draft

Finally some sense talking. 8 opponents with QB issues, a coach that has never won less then 6 games, and a much improved defense. Besides it's not like the bar for QB play has been set very high.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

This should be read before people make there predictions (W&L) for the 2011 season.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I don't know how many teams are worse off right now than the Redskins are in the NFC, and I think that softens the impact of the weak schedule some. If the Redskins played the ten worst teams in the league in ten consecutive weeks, and we replayed this season 100 times, the Redskins would probably average four or five wins a season. Then you add in the NFC East and top of the AFC East and the Redskins would be fortunate to take two out of eight games against them.

So what we're looking at is a four to six win season in 2011, but one where the Redskins probably will not be in contention for the first overall pick because of the weakness of the schedule. Truth be told though, the four weakest rosters in the NFC all happened to finish last place in 2010 (Redskins, Panthers, Vikings, Cardinals). I think the Redskins are probably ahead of the Panthers and Cardinals right now, and just behind the Vikings and Seahawks as the 14th best team in the NFC.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I do think this is a year where a 4 win team (especially one with as weak a schedule as the Redskins) could get the first overall pick, but even that depends on playing a 16 game schedule.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Next year I think the Browns, Bengals, and Bills will all be contenders for the top pick. Possibly the Raiders as well. Dolphins, 49ers, and Chiefs are my dark horse candidates.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 05-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Next year I think the Browns, Bengals, and Bills will all be contenders for the top pick. Possibly the Raiders as well. Dolphins, 49ers, and Chiefs are my dark horse candidates.
The Bills can really throw the football as a team and begin the 2011 season like this:

@ Kansas City
vs Oakland
vs New England
@ Bengals
vs Philadelphia
@ Giants
Bye
vs Redskins (Toronto)

They can throw for 350, easy, on the first three teams they play, and are simply a better team right now than the Bengals. After that, who knows? They're not as good as Philadelphia and New York, but if they get some pressure up the middle on Michael Vick...and then the bye week, followed by the Redskins in Canada. That's a team that could begin with 5 wins right off the bat if they take care of business.

Maybe the best indicator yet that the NFL won't start its season on time: something has to keep the Bills down. And a lockout may be just the thing.

Kansas City's big issue is that Jim Zorn has to be able to step right in for Charlie Weis and not lose anything in terms of an offense that has a bunch of factors of regression working against it. With Todd Haley calling the plays. And Matt Cassel running them. I'm just not seeing it.

I don't know if I buy Cleveland as a playoff team just yet, but they'll do better than 5 wins this upcoming season.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Rich Tandler must be bored.
Or he's just another Luck fan boi.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #9
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The Bills can really throw the football as a team and begin the 2011 season like this:

@ Kansas City
vs Oakland
vs New England
@ Bengals
vs Philadelphia
@ Giants
Bye
vs Redskins (Toronto)

They can throw for 350, easy, on the first three teams they play, and are simply a better team right now than the Bengals. After that, who knows? They're not as good as Philadelphia and New York, but if they get some pressure up the middle on Michael Vick...and then the bye week, followed by the Redskins in Canada. That's a team that could begin with 5 wins right off the bat if they take care of business.

Maybe the best indicator yet that the NFL won't start its season on time: something has to keep the Bills down. And a lockout may be just the thing.

Kansas City's big issue is that Jim Zorn has to be able to step right in for Charlie Weis and not lose anything in terms of an offense that has a bunch of factors of regression working against it. With Todd Haley calling the plays. And Matt Cassel running them. I'm just not seeing it.

I don't know if I buy Cleveland as a playoff team just yet, but they'll do better than 5 wins this upcoming season.
That's why they're a dark horse. That team that goes into the year coming off a winning season, thats expected to improve then suddenly falls flat on its face. I don't think it's to likely but I could just as easily picture us going into the draft next year seeing KC with a high pick saying "wow, didn't expect them to be picking so high."

- FRPLG
Old 05-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Rich Tandler must be bored.
Or he's just another Luck fan boi.

The sweepstakes will begin mid October. It seems almost unreal we're talking about the 2012 draft possibilities and we haven't yet played a down in 2011. I'll be rooting for John Beck [should he emerge as our starting QB] and hope he can produce a 500 or better season.

Washington Redskins Announce "Andrew Luck in 2012 Plan" - Hogs Haven
Old 05-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
No way Bengals and how is KC A dark horse? SF has no QB so I don't see them much better than us
Old 05-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
musicmaster45
Special Teams

Yea question: if the panthers have the number one pick and dont want to draft another quarter back, would you trade to that spot for luck if we are in a similar draft spot?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No way Bengals and how is KC A dark horse? SF has no QB so I don't see them much better than us
Because they struggled the year before and Matt Cassel, well I just feel like he has the potential to regress.

Bengals how can they not? Look how bad they were this past year with Palmer and Ochocinco and all they've really done is replace those two with younger versions of their two star players. Their running back is a bruiser and vunerable to injury.

they play in the AFC North which is also why I have the Browns in the running. Plus Peyton Hillis is infected with the Madden Curse.

San Francisco I put up there because they have a college coach with no known QB. If they're going to compete Harbraugh needs to prove he's an offensive guru sooner rather then later. Plus their number one weapon Gore is a candidate to go down to injury.

Actually add the Bronco's. They have a barely 50% passer, no running game, and are in the process of rebuilding the defense.

- FRPLG
Old 05-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #14
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I totally agree with him but I still think the Skins will be in contention for Luck. How? I'm guessing that if MS wants him that bad then next years draft (2012) we will see the team throwing a ton of pick away to move up and get him.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #15
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I don't know how many teams are worse off right now than the Redskins are in the NFC, and I think that softens the impact of the weak schedule some. If the Redskins played the ten worst teams in the league in ten consecutive weeks, and we replayed this season 100 times, the Redskins would probably average four or five wins a season. Then you add in the NFC East and top of the AFC East and the Redskins would be fortunate to take two out of eight games against them.

So what we're looking at is a four to six win season in 2011, but one where the Redskins probably will not be in contention for the first overall pick because of the weakness of the schedule. Truth be told though, the four weakest rosters in the NFC all happened to finish last place in 2010 (Redskins, Panthers, Vikings, Cardinals). I think the Redskins are probably ahead of the Panthers and Cardinals right now, and just behind the Vikings and Seahawks as the 14th best team in the NFC.
surprised at the mention of the vikings. I know they've got some age in some positions, but still a talented team.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote