Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs Rams Postgame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your goat of the week goes to...
Haslett 52 50.00%
D. Smith 6 5.77%
Morgan 28 26.92%
The refs 11 10.58%
other 7 6.73%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Bucket
Playmaker

Redskins vs Rams Postgame Thread

A lot of things right, and a lot more wrong. I'm usually not happy about a loss, and I sure am not happy about this one, but Tana Moss was right about something in his post game interview. Glad that this kind of loss happen now and the sting has taken effect in the locker room. This is the kind of loss you learn from and get better as a team from.

I look forward to next week opening at home, and feel sorry for the Bengals.

- A few things about the game... I would like to see Morris get more carries, and less designed runs for RG 3.

- Our defense was very predictable today, and I would of rather seen us play more tight man and get beat deep, then give up all that time on the clock as they gash us over, and over again for big plays.

- RG 3 played good again. Made a few mistakes, but he is basically carrying our team and it shows sometimes.

- I would like to see our team act more like professional athletes, and less like street thugs. The scoreboard is the deepest wound anyone can show you.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Redskins vs Rams Postgame Thread

Screw you Has for not adjusting your gameplan. That's what good coaches do when other teams carve you up in the first half with unheard of wide receivers.

RG3 did enough to win, especially combined with our defensive td. 28 points should be good enough to win a game, unfortunately defense let us down in this one.

I'm starting to lean on the side of Danny Smith haters. It's been a trend going on for a while that we have at least one special teams gaffe a game, and that's indicative of a larger problem.

Still hate the replacement refs, they clearly weren't able to keep control of the game and it showed. Longer they stay the more stuff players are going to try and get away with, and why wouldn't they when they know most of the time they'll get away with it?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

The good:

RGIII
Hankerson
Morris
Fletcher
Bowen

The bad:

Haslett
Danny Smith
Officials
Morgan
Going for a 62 yd. field goal instead of letting RGIII do something

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The good:

RGIII
Hankerson
Morris
Fletcher
Bowen

The bad:

Haslett
Danny Smith
Officials
Morgan
I agree with you except the 62 yard field goal. I understood the thinking with that.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I know it might not mean much but I think Bob is for real,he's only gonna get better.The NFL has to do something soon about the refs,and it's across the league .Act soon before someone gets hurt!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I agree with you except the 62 yard field goal. I understood the thinking with that.
I think they should've let Griffin go for it. Cundiff is horrible from beyond 50, and we all know 60 is even worse than 50. They were basically saying the odds of Cundiff making a 62 yarder are better than the odds of RG3 getting the first down on 4th and 16.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

^ see I would have rather of seen RG3 chuck it up to the endzone to Hank or Morgan, like Oklahoma-Baylor pt 2.

I didn't like the way shanahan calls timeouts when the rams had just picked up 6 yards with 330 left (luckily it worked out with Fletchers forced fumble).

I didn't like Carriker going down with a knee injury

I especially didn't like Orakpo getting injured.

I didn't like the fact that the rams had a 3rd string LT out there and we couldn't get pressure on Bradford still (Orakpo or not we had Rob Jackson out there who is a 2nd stringer still getting beat by 3rd stringers)

Morgans flag..no more needs to be said

Aldrick dropping RG3s bomb

I didn't like the play calling of RG3 runs and less morris runs

The fact that Danny Amendola beat our secondary all day

The fact we lost to the Rams

The way our defense shows their base defense to the offense often

I DID LIKE

- RG3 to Leonard B-E-A-utiful
- London Fletcher
- Niles special teams play
- Morris's hard running
- The Cowboys losing
- The Patriots losing
Old 09-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
elamin24
Special Teams

I'm sure people will miss this but Trent Williams played awful. I expected Polumbus to struggle but man the oline struggled today. I am disappointed in their performance.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The bad:

+1. If we had gano, I'd understand the 62 yard attempt. Cundiff can't be trusted beyond 40. I was 100 percent sure he'd miss it and he did. Rg3 could possibly have done something.

I also question using our IR exemption on a long snapper. We could have used that on carriker.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
+1. If we had gano, I'd understand the 62 yard attempt. Cundiff can't be trusted beyond 40. I was 100 percent sure he'd miss it and he did. Rg3 could possibly have done something.

I also question using our IR exemption on a long snapper. We could have used that on carriker.
I 100% agree on why the hell we used the IR exemption on a LS. But as for the 'it could have been carriker' well I'm pretty sure Carrikers done for the year with a torn ACL.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #11
VegasSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

The loss hurts but at the same time I was expecting to be 1-1 after the second week.
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #12
44Deezel
The Starter

The Oakpo injury seems to chronic. Something to watch. Loved that bomb to Hankeson, but didn't like that he bobbled it.

I like all of our RBs, but none of them can take it to the house from distance. Would be nice to have one true speed back like the dude who came in for Steven Jackson.

Really didn't like that we won the turnover battle and got a special teams TD and still lost the game. That's what bad teams tend to do.

Hope we can get Garçon back next week.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #13
warriorzpath

With RGIII and putting him in instead of attempting the last field- I think it was absolutely the right decision. Do we all agree that RGIII is the redskins franchise qb for the unforeseeable future? Then why set him up to fail this early on and risk a setback in his development? who knows it might have been the play that he couldn't recover from. Look at romo and the botched extra point. That still haunts him.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #14
Gtothearry
The Starter

The play after the whistle by the Rams was bad. What was worse is how the refs continued to let it go on the entire game. The true NFL refs would've put a stop to the BS early. Those non calls set Josh Morgan for his stupid mistake.

I can't understand why Morgan didn't just run through the pass for the 1st down. Griffin led him perfectly but he stopped and twisted back toward the sideline. Two costly mistakes on 1 play.

I'm more concerned with the D at this point. 63 points given up in two weeks is ridiculous. It sucks to have an offense putting up big points but a D that is a water spout.

The dropped long pass by Robinson was bad as well.

Last edited by Gtothearry; 09-16-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #15
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
The play after the whistle by the Rams were bad. What was worse is how the refs continued to let it go on the entire game. The true NFL refs would've put a stop to the BS early. Those non calls set Josh Morgan for his stupid mistake.

I can't understand why Morgan didn't just run through the pass for the 1st down. Griffin led him perfectly but he stopped and twisted back toward the sideline. Two costly mistakes on 1 play.

I'm more concerned with the D at this point. 63 points given up in two weeks is ridiculous!
Agreed. It's one thing to give up 25 to the Saints, but you can't get lit up by the Rams.