Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Anyone else disgruntled at this point?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-23-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Anyone else disgruntled at this point?

The past few weeks have been just a bitter pill coming off of the poor season.. First Smoot is basically gone, then Gardner (no problem with that one), now Coles & Pierce, Samuels isn't going to restructure.. ARGH! It's bad enough to be frustrated during the season, but it seems like inteptness is the only thing we can do with any efficiency!

At what point does Snyder's "love" for the Redksins cause him to realize that he has transformed a proud franchise to a league wide laughingstock? Winning players are going to stop being dazzled by his cash and go elsewhere and we are going to be the NFL's version of the Clippers..

I don't want to be a 'sky is falling' person, but the things that Gibbs was supposed to bring to the organization (class, stability, professionalism) are seriously lacking at this point in the offseason and it seems worse than it ever was.. Maybe another year of purging people who don't want to be there will do it, but it's not looking good for the hometeam..
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-23-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
dirtbag2112
Special Teams

Re: Anyone else disgruntled at this point?

It's all speculation at this point. Don't let one guys' discontent ruin your hopes of this franchise getting turned around.
dirtbag2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:05 PM   #3
d151b
Special Teams

at this point i could care less. there's no loyalty from the people who we pay to play, so why should we have loyalty to them? if they want to go play for the money, let them. good riddance i say. gibbs will get the guys in here that matter to the team and to the fans. i'm actually glad all of this is happening. shut down the money lines and see who's for real. who wants to win and who wants to see the money?? keep up the good work! this is all change for the good.
d151b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:06 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

I can't believe nobody has pointed the finger at Vinny yet.

When in doubt, Blame Vinny!

Old 02-23-2005, 02:17 PM   #5
d151b
Special Teams

OK, let's package a deal with coles gardner and brunell and send them to baltimore for ray lewis and a pick or two in this years draft.
d151b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:19 PM   #6
Balmerskinsfan
Camp Scrub

Hmm, last four off-seasons great, last four seasons terrible. Maybe if we have a crap off-season, this coming year we'll actually be good.
Balmerskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:32 PM   #7
BossHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by d151b
at this point i could care less. there's no loyalty from the people who we pay to play...if they want to go play for the money, let them. good riddance...
Ironic. Guys we bring in for top dollar don't want to stay? And the other winning franchises won't spend freely as we've done. Players today are buying time for an abbreviated career if you ask me. But who's selling? If they claim they want to win, they'll have to play for 'less' money just as Tail Between the Legs Trotter did in his second stint with the Eagles. If they want to be the highest paid at their position, they can always down their current team's contract offer as a slap in the face and then sign with us. Is this what the NFL world go round?
BossHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 03:33 PM   #8
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmerskinsfan
Hmm, last four off-seasons great, last four seasons terrible. Maybe if we have a crap off-season, this coming year we'll actually be good.
I LIKE YOUR TRAIN OF THOUGHT
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 03:35 PM   #9
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I was thinking the exact same thing Balmerskinsfan.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 03:44 PM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

On a positive note, at least we here at the Warpath have something to talk about during the offseason

Imagine how boring it must be to be a part of some other fansites at this time of year....stability and continuity just ain't all that exciting
Old 02-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #11
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Whatever. I'll be honest, I'm pissed the hell off at how our offseason is going. For the past two months, every day the first website I have went too in the morning is thewarpath.net; hoping i'd see SMOOT Re-Signed, Perice Re-Signed, Samuels Restructures, Brunell Restructures.... and what have I seen so far.......

Jansen Restructures
Ramsey Restructures
Wynn Restrucutres
Smoot "Gut feeling I'm gone"
Perice to test Free Agent Market
Lav Coles: Trade me and I'm not restucturing.
Gardner to seek Trade (btw, Please seek faster, Rod)

In all seriousness, if you dont want to be here, get the F out. Plain and simple. I wouldnt be bitter towards Smoot/Perice or Samuels if they arent here. Football is a busienss, and I could see where all three of them are coming from if they left. Coles on the other hand....you can see my thoughts all over this site, but I'm pissed.

If guys like Ramsey, Jansen, I heard possibly LaVar, if they all want to restructure, do things to help the team, and get this ball rolling. Guys will rally behind that. On defense, I think we could plug our kicker in there and we will be set. I have so much faith in Williams scheme. The offense still needs work; and the reciver position is brutal for us right now. I didnt want to be the story of the offseason again, and I hope we arent. However, its not going well thusfar.

But guys, the offseason has just begun, we'll have some fun. "I'm going to have fun, and you're gonna have fun. Were all gonna have so much f*ckin fun were gonna need plastic surguery to remove our god damn smiles. You'll be whistling zippidee do da outta yer a$$hole. Holy Sh*t." - Chevey Chase always has some classic lines for a rant.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:14 PM   #12
CRT3
Impact Rookie

With Gibbs and the way they seemed to turn a corner last year, I am very happy. They were competting in every game except the 1st Giant game.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #13
redrock-skins
Impact Rookie

I'm not disgrunted at all. If someone doesn't want to be here, then leave! I know we may lose some good players, but we need to find more Tedy Bruschi types out there instead of a bunch of overpaid, overrated, players.

Coles is a prime example. He is a good WR, but not $35M good.
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:41 PM   #14
monk81
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I can't believe nobody has pointed the finger at Vinny yet.

When in doubt, Blame Vinny!

Good point Matty.......we need a REAL GM.

I was optimistic about the coming season....but everything that has been going on with these contracts, and now the Coles thing has made me a PESSIMIST!
monk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:42 PM   #15
drew54
The Starter

Maybe we should bite the bullet before all of this projected 2006 cap hit and just clean house. Gut check, time to look in the mirror Dan.

We just blow the whole thing up, as usual and rid ourselves of these "none core Redskins"

Who should be on this list of purges.

Lets start with last year's list. Brunell - no explination required. McCants failed to continue trying after the ink dried. Raymer needs to go, since he acted like the doggy door this year. Barrow should go if he cant play, or never will be the same player as what he used to be. Maybe if he was gone Pierce would resign.

The Jetskins. Cut them all but Randy Thomas.
Everyone already wants Morton gone, fine, lets do it. LC is done. John Hall really wasnt the next Mosley.

Ditch Matt Bowen, since we found decent replacement in Ryan Clark.

Trade Gardner, if no trade can be found, cut him. Let Smoot walk if he wants to be outrageous. Pierce basically balled his way out of Washington with his excellent year.
Chris Samuels, yes he only gave up one sack last year, but players with epilepsy have jumped offsides less than this guy.

I dont know if I am missing anyone else that is a major letdown, but if I am, I say we cut them too.

Take the huge cap hit now, and from this point forward only sign players that are under 30, and quit trading away all of our draft picks.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote