Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Kevin Carter?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-20-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
skin4Life28
Special Teams

Kevin Carter?

Word out of Tennessee is that D. Mason, S. Rolle, and K. Carter just to name a few are going to be cut. Kevin Carter has been playing for awhile and is as good as it gets on the line. Would anyone be willing to take in Carter? I am sure he has a pretty big cap number so I don't know. What's everyones thoughts on K. Carter.
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-20-2005, 06:58 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Kevin Carter?

No on Carter but if Mason hits the market the Skins would be crazy to not give him a look.

96 catches this year, 95 the year before, a very underrated WR who could probably be signed for less $$ than Burress or Muhammad.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:07 PM   #3
skin4Life28
Special Teams

Yeah Matty, Mason would be a very nice player to bring in. L. Coles and D. Mason kinda has a ring to it.
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:29 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

Here's what Scouts Inc has to say about these guys:

Quote:
Mason lacks ideal size as a red zone threat. He also is not a big threat on jump balls on fade routes. He also will struggle at times versus bigger DC's that get a shove in on him at the LOS. However, with all of that said, Mason is still a solid No. 1 WR who provides extra versatility because of his ability in the return game if needed. He is a quicker than fast WR with terrific suddenness. Displays excellent burst of the LOS and shows the ability to drive the corner back. Shows premiere change of direction skills and he is capable of making defenders miss in the open field. Does a good job of creating separation from the defender and burst is excellent in and out of cuts. Does a good job of getting upfield quickly and he shows the ability to turn the small gain into a big play. Overall, Mason lacks prototypical No. 1 WR size and he has had some trouble staying healthy at times. Mason may not fit the mold, but he is still one of the more consistent receivers in the NFL and we think he's one of the most underrated players at his position.
Quote:
Carter is a versatile player with great size at DE and great quickness at DT. No matter which position he is playing, Carter is at his best on the move. He is quick, fluid and athletic for his size. He has very good instincts and diagnostic skills. He will do a good job of avoiding contact, locating the ball and pursuing. He makes a lot of plays on the move and in space. He has very good COD skills for his size and is an above average open-field tackler. However, Carter is starting to age and is likely to lose a step or two in the next couple of seasons. He has great size as a DE but he does not play as big as his size would indicate. He lacks great strength. He has some trouble when teams run at him and when bigger OL get locked on to him. His work ethic and toughness are just decent. Carter should remain a solid and versatile starter for the Titans in '04, but his play is likely to decline from here on out.
Quote:
Rolle is undersized and gets pushed around too much by bigger receivers. He is not very physical in the passing game or the running game. He has adequate height, but lacks bulk and strength. Is a finesse DC that does not like to press receivers. He is a below average tackler who does not fill hard vs. the run. He also has had lots of trouble staying healthy for a complete season. However, when Rolle is healthy he is one of the more athletic cover corners in the NFL. Is versatile enough to play outside or inside against the slot receiver, but spends most of his time on the outside. He is quicker than fast, but rarely gets beat one-on-one down the sideline because he has excellent technique and recognition skills, and he has very smooth hips. He is at his best in the short-to-intermediate zone when he can take chances and jump underneath routes. Possesses rare recognition skills and he plays with great technique. Overall, Rolle is one of the better pure cover corners in the NFL.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:46 PM   #5
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

Mason would be a nasty pick up and Rolle would fill in nicely if Fred leaves but I don;t like Carter with us. I could see him being another guy past his prime getting too much money. I would rather see us draft a DE or go after Hayward from the Broncos.
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:14 PM   #6
CRT3
Impact Rookie

Would you want a guy that hits his wife on Valentines Day? Please no Rolle.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:15 PM   #7
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

All these guys are past thier prime. Forget them, retain Smoot.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:43 PM   #8
Schneed10
A Dude

Mason would be a GREAT guy to have. I think he'll be real expensive though, probably take a 8-10 Million bonus. I say no on Carter, Salavae'a and Griffin did great this past year, we don't need Carter. I'm iffy on Rolle. I think Walt Harris is underrated and can get the job done if Smoot jets.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:24 PM   #9
Redskins8588
Playmaker

I am not sure what Mason would want but given that he is part of a pretty big WR free agent pool, he may not cost that much. If we could get him for a decent price ok, but remember that he is around 30 years old, so his window for playing in the nfl is almost closed.

As for Rolle, I am pretty sure that he will want as much as if not more than Smoot, so I say just try to keep Smoot.

Carter is too old get some new blood!!
Old 02-20-2005, 10:29 PM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

It's going to be a tough offseason for the Titans. In addition to all the names mentioned already they've got a couple of key free agents to worry about, Justin Hartwig and Andre Dyson.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:35 PM   #11
Redskins8588
Playmaker

How good is Dyson? Would he be an upgrade to Smoot?
Old 02-20-2005, 10:41 PM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think Dyson is a great young cornerback but he would cost as much as, if not more than, Smoot so I would say no, he's not an upgrade...It would almost be a lateral move
Old 02-21-2005, 12:45 AM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
No on Carter but if Mason hits the market the Skins would be crazy to not give him a look.

96 catches this year, 95 the year before, a very underrated WR who could probably be signed for less $$ than Burress or Muhammad.
Mason is looking even better now with the news of Coles' departure
Old 02-21-2005, 01:00 AM   #14
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
Mason is looking even better now with the news of Coles' departure
hells yeah
Old 02-21-2005, 01:37 AM   #15
FRPLG
MVP