Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Sean Salisbury SLAMS Redskins

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #1
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Sean Salisbury SLAMS Redskins

Did anyone hear what happened this morning on ESPN radio? Sean Salisbury said that the Washington Redskins "had no business what so ever in the play-offs".

Even after being 5-6 and winning out the season, he was just trashing the Redskins.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-16-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Re: Sean Salisbury SLAMS Redskins

He's such an arse. Umm, we deserved to be in the playoffs because we got in them. We didn't win games based on sheer luck. No team wins 6 straight on sheer luck. The guys is an idiot.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #3
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

That is one USELESSS SOB!
If the Colts had the heart of the skins, they would have won 63-0 over the steelers
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
steveo395
The Starter

nobody who doesnt deserve to be in the playoffs wins in the playoffs, and then stays in a close game with the #1 seed who is rested up
steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:18 PM   #5
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Sean Salisbury is one of the worst commentators on TV and I would say that even if he was praising the Redskins. The guy was a bad backup quarterback and he just gets on there and does a bunch of macho posturing trying to compensate of his many deficiencies. I have never heard anyone who knows anything about the NFL say a single good thing about Salisbury and whenever his name comes up on Sirius John Riggins just kind of chuckles knowingly. The guy is a half-wit and saying the Skins didn't deserve to be in the Playoffs just demonstrates the fact that he probably didn't watch a single game this season...just tune him out next time he comes on...and get Sirus so you don't have to listen to the garbage on ESPN Radio...
Old 01-16-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
hurrykaine
Impact Rookie

Salisbury is a Parcells brown noser. He was so upset about our two wins over Dallas - especially the MNF miracle. The cowboys were his pick to make the playoffs, and they didn't - hence the animosity towards the redskins.

Of course, I'm sure our fans sent him a bunch of crap e-mails about his having to make the walk since we made the playoffs, which surely irked him.

Who cares what this joker says in hindsight? How about the Bears? Were they undeserving of making the playoffs too?
hurrykaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
dgack
The Starter

Clayton and Mort both have enough respect for Washington. Salisbury is one of those classic talking heads who really has no business being on TV other than a worse-than-mediocre "career" in the sport.

I mean, would you take Michael Westbrook seriously if he started "analyzing" NFL games? Of course not.
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrykaine
Who cares what this joker says in hindsight? How about the Bears? Were they undeserving of making the playoffs too?
I might be overstating things here because certainly the Bear's Defense was dominant this season (though you wouldn't know it by watching Steve Smith yesterday), but I bet the Bears played a weaker schedule than the Skins (though I haven't looked) and I know they play in a weaker division...so I think that is a fair point...if the Skins were unworthy than the Bears were too...the main point, though, is that Salisbury is an idiot...
Old 01-16-2006, 02:37 PM   #9
Pocket$ $traight

Who cares about him. He never won anything as a player and he is still mad that the Skins waxed him in his playoff start. He is harmless.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:04 PM   #10
gusbus
Camp Scrub

He is an idiot because if you really look at the stats they weren't the worst offense this weekend. The Bears offense sucked and so did their defense. We were a #6 seed playing #1 seed.Did Salisbury ever play in the playoffs?
gusbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:07 PM   #11
dgack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbus
Did Salisbury ever play in the playoffs?
Yes, he was 0-4, including a 24-7 thrashing against us where he went 6-20 for 113yd, 0TD's and 2 INT's.

This guy played in 40 games his entire career and threw as many picks as he did TD's (19).

Yes, that's right, Mark Brunell threw more TD's this year than Salisbury did in a 5-year career.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #12
Big C
Mr. Brightside

we were so bad, we beat a division winner in the playoffs. guess we didnt deserve to be there.

also, he keeps saying he is sticking with his preseason pick, the panthers, to win it all. he keeps emphasizing that he picked them in the preseason, so that if the panthers win it he will look like a genius. last time i checked, u arent getting paid to predict the superbowl champ right, u are paid to analyze and actually pick the team that u honestly think will win. dumbass
Old 01-16-2006, 03:14 PM   #13
dgack
The Starter

Read his bio on ESPN, it's hilarious. They gloss over his NFL career since it's so bad, but the big highlight is

"Upon his return to the NFL with Minnesota he was named the NFL's Player of the Week in 1992 when he threw for 386 yards against the Denver Broncos."

LMFAO! His big career highlight is ONE regular season game? That's hysterical. He threw a whopping FIVE TD's in 1992. FIVE. Guess there's not a whole lot of highlights in that season, huh Sean?
Old 01-16-2006, 03:14 PM   #14
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

salisbury is a bitch. How does he even have the mind to talk trash about the skins when he can't even hold up his end of the bet to walk from that place to D.C.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #15
firstdown
Living Legend

Its funny because he picked us to beat Tampa last week.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote