Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Well this sucked...

The First Drive Pretty much set the tone for the entire game. We were out-played and out-coached in every facet on that 10 hour, 100 play (sure felt like it) drive. They even ran the same play over and over again knowing we couldn't stop it. Truly embarassing

Laron Landry Anyone else notice how he struggles in pass coverage?

Pass Blocking by our Running BacksThe offensive line was weak of course today. No denying their performance was sub-par. But they got no help at all, not even some chip blocks, from our running backs (and that includes Sellers). I've said it before and I'll say it again what we most from Portis at this point is that he's the best blocking back in football.

Anyone who actually thinks DeAngelo Hall action's justified Brandon Jacobs taking a swing at him No one here really believes that. So we don't have to worry about that

Jason Campbell I know the protection was pretty putrid today. But the numbers don't lie...he threw two horrible interceptions that were his fault. Plus, how is it that Collins comes in and fires off two deep passes? I'll tell you why, because he wasn't afraid to take on 3rd string DBs, even in tight coverage. I think JC will and should be re-signed but quit playing scared. Make some throws.

Santana Moss Spins more balls than Liberace. Just stop already

Having to work with a bunch of Giants fans Thank goodness most people are on vacation this week

I could go on and on here. We had the chance to really show something on national television tonight...and we did. Unfortunately

Advertisements
Old 12-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well this sucked...

Jason Campbell I know the protection was pretty putrid today. But the numbers don't lie...he threw two horrible interceptions that were his fault. Plus, how is it that Collins comes in and fires off two deep passes? I'll tell you why, because he wasn't afraid to take on 3rd string DBs, even in tight coverage. I think JC will and should be re-signed but quit playing scared. Make some throws.
i completly agree. this game was all around terrible,i was expecting alot more but what can you really say

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
GTripp0012
Living Legend

All of the above. I don't know what to think about Jason coming back in. On one hand, no one can possibly say he's not a leader now. On the other, he definitely hurt his stock around the league in doing so. Or at least, I think he did.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:53 PM   #4
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well this sucked...

The First Drive Pretty much set the tone for the entire game. We were out-played and out-coached in every facet on that 10 hour, 100 play (sure felt like it) drive. They even ran the same play over and over again knowing we couldn't stop it. Truly embarassing

Laron Landry Anyone else notice how he struggles in pass coverage?

Pass Blocking by our Running BacksThe offensive line was weak of course today. No denying their performance was sub-par. But they got no help at all, not even some chip blocks, from our running backs (and that includes Sellers). I've said it before and I'll say it again what we most from Portis at this point is that he's the best blocking back in football.

Anyone who actually thinks DeAngelo Hall action's justified Brandon Jacobs taking a swing at him No one here really believes that. So we don't have to worry about that

Santana Moss Spins more balls than Liberace. Just stop already

Having to work with a bunch of Giants fans Thank goodness most people are on vacation this week

I could go on and on here. We had the chance to really show something on national television tonight...and we did. Unfortunately
And that's really all there is to say. Our defense shit the bed in absolutely epic fashion, and our O-line is despicable. I'll defer to GTripp on this one, but eff Casey Rabach on his inability to call out protections. I saw more guys come free up the middle than I have since Patrick Ramsey was pitching it around the ball yard.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I could go in depth but I'll leave it at this.

The Redskins. As a team, organization, whatever you want to call it, it was everything. Spectacular fail on Monday Night Football, in front of the entire nation. Awesome. Couldn't have picked a better night to get blown the fuck out by a hated rival.

Five words. Is the season over yet?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Also, Blache absolutely needs to be fired before Zorn does. I don't care if it's two weeks before or five minutes before. The guy just mails it in every single week.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

In my opinion, every player should be on the list except for Albert Haynesworth. I was opposed to signing Haynesworth and still think he's not worth the investment. That said, tonight he played well and I liked the fire he showed. I usually blast players for drawing flags, but I make a special exception for players who draw flags while defending teammates. Haynesworth has been flagged twice for defending Hall. He's got that nasty attitude and shows loyalty to his teammates. I love it.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:56 PM   #8
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

I said this during the gameday thread, but it bears repeating. The gap between the Redskins and the rest of the NFC East is overwhelming. The Giants are just flat out better than us top to bottom. And they're the third best team in the division.

If anything, this game put to rest any of the doubt we had about how bad our 4-10 team really is. The previous 4 or 5 games where we were playing "with heart" were a complete mirage.

There is so much work to do here, it's incomprehensible.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:00 AM   #9
mlmdub130
Playmaker

btw i think you should have mentioned how heyer could be the worst o line man in the nfl and shold never take another snap for the redskins again

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:00 AM   #10
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I said this during the gameday thread, but it bears repeating. The gap between the Redskins and the rest of the NFC East is overwhelming. The Giants are just flat out better than us top to bottom. And they're the third best team in the division.

If anything, this game put to rest any of the doubt we had about how bad our 4-10 team really is. The previous 4 or 5 games where we were playing "with heart" were a complete mirage.

There is so much work to do here, it's incomprehensible.
You can't use the head-to-head argument, and then assert that the Giants are the 3rd best team in the division. They kick our ass every time we play them, but we always match up fine with Philadelphia and Dallas. So, really, it appears to just be a Giants gap.

I don't think you need to say that the Giants are the cream of division if their not, but we've been out-coached every time we've played them since Grilliams left. And it's more than just Blache. We could replace him, and there would still be a meaningful gap. But that seems like the easiest way to close it.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #11
jamf
Pro Bowl

All Burgundy Uniforms:
Everytime we wear them in prime time we get ass raped...
Last years Steelers game should've retired them forever.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #12
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
In my opinion, every player should be on the list except for Albert Haynesworth. I was opposed to signing Haynesworth and still think he's not worth the investment. That said, tonight he played well and I liked the fire he showed. I usually blast players for drawing flags, but I make a special exception for players who draw flags while defending teammates. Haynesworth has been flagged twice for defending Hall. He's got that nasty attitude and shows loyalty to his teammates. I love it.
At least one guy on the team has some balls.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #13
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
You can't use the head-to-head argument, and then assert that the Giants are the 3rd best team in the division. They kick our ass every time we play them, but we always match up fine with Philadelphia and Dallas. So, really, it appears to just be a Giants gap.

I don't think you need to say that the Giants are the cream of division if their not, but we've been out-coached every time we've played them since Grilliams left. And it's more than just Blache. We could replace him, and there would still be a meaningful gap. But that seems like the easiest way to close it.
Well, they're the third best team in the division right now in terms of wins.

ESPN just ran a stat: Redskins are 15-32 against the NFC East since 2002. That's a pretty big gap if you ask me.

We aren't anywhere close to threatening this division.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:09 AM   #14
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Agree except I doubt jc is back
Old 12-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #15
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Bruce Allen - The team is worse with you then it was with Vinny. Can't believe I'm going to say this but we need to bring back Vinny ASAP. Bruce Allen has never won a game since he was named the Redskins GM. Vinny on the other hand won 12 since 2008, and that doesn't include preseason games. Face it guys, Vinny was the best thing that ever happened to this team.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote