Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Signing Walter Rasby

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-06-2004, 11:59 PM   #1
Portis
Camp Scrub

Signing Walter Rasby

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...8-2004Mar6.html

I think this lessens the chance of us drafting winslow. I think it looks like we would move toward signing taylor or trading down and taking a couple of dlinemen
Portis is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-07-2004, 12:00 AM   #2
cpayne5
Playmaker

I think that the team is coming together very nicely, let's just hope that what's on paper can translate to the playing field this go around.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:38 AM   #3
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

exactly cpayne. I've seen years we looked great on paper (maybe not THIS good) but still. Gotta see how the players gel. I can see us going Winslow, even though I love Taylor. I want Taylor so bad....
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:44 AM   #4
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
exactly cpayne. I've seen years we looked great on paper (maybe not THIS good) but still. Gotta see how the players gel. I can see us going Winslow, even though I love Taylor. I want Taylor so bad....
I am with you there daesel, but don't worry we wont take winslow, gibb's alway's made due with whatever TE he had at the time, he doesn't need a star at the position to throw to that's why we have WR's, and take this into account I remember year's back gibb's talking about alvin walton and his ability to hit or roll your rump as he put it, as he explained the ability to really put something extra into a hit and make reciever's think twice about catching the ball, don't under estimate gibb's knowledge and understanding of what need's to be done on defense, I think he know's what a shawn taylor bring's to a team, and unless they think udeze is going to be a big time pass rusher, and trade down for an extra pick, I think he will take him, and I just love this kid he will be a star.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:24 AM   #5
Shane
Special Teams

If we draft Kellen Winslow, our offense has the potential to score 500 points.

If we draft Sean Taylor, is it going to make the same kind of difference for our defense?

Maybe it would, but my thinking is Winslow is such a difference maker that we can't afford to pass on him.

Signing Rasby to me is just plain good sense - but we need more help at tight end in a Gibbs offense.

The old Gibbs offense had a player named Clint Didier, and when he was at his peak, he really helped open up the offense.

Anyone who saw Winslow Sr. play has to say that was the greatest tight end in history. Winslow Jr. might just take his place.

I think the thing with the draft is that you focus on the biggest impact player you can find, with need being secondary. In free agency, need is more important.

Signing Butler, if it happens, will bolster our secondary and will give us more freedom to take Winslow before Taylor.

I think we will draft Winslow.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:42 AM   #6
SittingBull
Camp Scrub

Sorry to say guys but we're gonna trade down hours before the draft and neither winslow or taylor will be available by then.
SittingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:45 AM   #7
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I agree with SittingBull - they have already said they are considering this.

Either we make another (future draft picks or players) trade for more picks this year, or we lose the #5 and get more further down. If we get a killer DE and other backups (or even a rough diamond starter) we'll not be worrying about the secondary.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:25 AM   #8
EEich
The Starter

Sadly, I'm starting to agree with SittingBull also.
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:41 AM   #9
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

We really don't have that many holes to fill. We have two new faces on the D line, (3 if you include noble) and most of us agree that Wynn should keep his starting job.

Winslow is an amazing TE and Taylor is an amazing safety. I wouldn't be upset with either of them.

The reason I don't like Udeeze is I have a feeling his career won't be near as long as Taylor or Winslows. I feel we have very few needs and althought TE and Safety might not be top of the list, if we settle them with the two best prospects coming out of college for that position in years then it will be a long time before we need to fill that. The DE's and DT's are good but I don't see potential super stars in them. Maybe it's me. I never saw much of Will Smith but when I did he was rarely around the ball. Udeeze is a great speed rusher but I don't know how long he'll last in the league, I could be totally wrong about this all speculation.

I just think that these two players are young, smart and extremely talented. Under the leadership of our current coaching staff I think they could quickly be molded into the best players around!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:06 AM   #10
azskinsfan2
Special Teams

I agree, getting either of them would be great but it looks like we may be down to only one pick in the draft. I think we'll trade down to get more than one pick.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:43 AM   #11
silent1903
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by azskinsfan2
I agree, getting either of them would be great but it looks like we may be down to only one pick in the draft. I think we'll trade down to get more than one pick.
Another one here agreeing about trading down. I think the choice will be take Taylor if available, and if not, trade down to pick a DE, of which there are 2 or 3 decent ones, one of which will still be around by, say, pick 20. I hope we will look to take Taylor, a real impact player who will make the offensive backs of all postions think about going into Taylor's territory.
I really want Taylor!
silent1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:42 PM   #12
SittingBull
Camp Scrub

I really want Taylor too. Our strength at linebackers will elevate the performance of our current D line in my opinion. Instead of being able to double 2 of them they'll have to worry about Lavarr and Washington coming from either side or both.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:30 AM   #13
offiss

I believe we will take taylor at #5, but what I do think will also happen is we will trade next year's #1 for more pick's this year or we could deal most of next year's draft to move into the first and second rd this year, If we can fill all our need's this year we won't need pick's next year, no sense in waiting next year for what we can obtain this year, In fact the faster we get the player's we need the better, reason? we will have more time with our team intact before we have to start manuvering for cap ramafication's, the talent that we need is avail. this year, who know's if that kind of talent will be avail. next year? I say dump what we have to dump and grab extra pick's this year, how does this sound, taylor #1, then udeze, wilfork or starks, and a TE, it's possible if we deal some future pick's, and it won't be like the G. allen day's because we would be getting younger, we would be just fine without pick's next year, and if we really find we have a need we can still use free agency next year, I think this is the way to go right now, we are in a win now mode, I say this draft is a draft to really stock up on with player's.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 02:40 AM   #14
SittingBull
Camp Scrub

Snyder needs to ass kiss the NFL board to raise the cap another 10 mil next year
Old 03-08-2004, 10:05 AM   #15
ChounsMan
Special Teams

Thumbs up

This the best I've seen the Skins rebuilt in years

We are going to be very competitive this year!