Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

F...NBA Officials

Other Sports

Old 05-04-2006, 01:23 AM   #1
saden1
MVP

F...NBA Officials

Just finished watching the Wiz/Cavs game....boy was the officiating horrible. It seemed like the refs just wanted to makeup for a previous bad call with a new bad call.

I can't stand all the god damn talk about James either. It's like there is a written rule that all commentators must praise James every 60 seconds. I'm not handicapped nor do I suffer from amenisia...I don't need to be reminded of how good he is that often! Besides, the mofo isn't even the best player in the NBA. Enough already, stop overselling him!

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-04-2006, 01:51 AM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: F...NBA Officials

I really agree. This is rediculous, the calls they are making. And i'm sick about hearing about how awesome "king" james is. Arenas and James are basically doing the same thing in the series, cancelling each other out. James just gets more attention because he's an elite player and he's made two game winners already in the series. The Wiz have to figure out how to stop him, otherwise if the cavs win the next game we're out of the playoffs.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:15 AM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Did you hear Jeff Van Gundy after Bron Bron committed his 4th personal? Saying that players should have an unlimited number of fouls because the fans come to see guys like LeBron play and not sit on the bench? I thought that was rather dumb. Part of the fun of the game is guys in foul trouble and how it affects how hard they play defense, how the coaches substitute players, etc.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:58 AM   #4
That Guy
Living Legend

no foul limit = hit baby james till he bleeds to death...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:29 AM   #5
Big C
Mr. Brightside

no foul limit=hack a shaq for 60 mins
=hack a ben wallace for 60 mins

it would eliminate bad free throw shooters from the game forever, and would eliminate basketball. had to be the dumbest thing i had ever heard
Old 05-04-2006, 05:13 AM   #6
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

i think the holy one should get unlimited fouls. that wouldn't be an all bad idea because we would have to watch him whine every time there is a foul against him. the forth one was really a block, though the sacred followers and 'witnesses' will disagree. His foot clearly moved so he wasn't in position.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:19 AM   #7
dmek25
MVP

you guys ever hear the term you cant fight city hall?as long as james and the other stars sell tickets,odds are they will never foul out of a game
Old 05-05-2006, 12:55 AM   #8
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

I just can't stand Lebron's whiny face. Man, whenever he gets fouled or is called for a foul he looks like a 5 year old. I have lost a lot of respect for him during this series.
CooleyAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

sdklgjlskjglkjskldjg. The Wiz just got eliminated from the playoffs. They just can't stop the cavs late in the game. This is really fucking ridiculous. We were leading 113-112, and now they win 115-113. That is highly fucking gay.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #10
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
sdklgjlskjglkjskldjg. The Wiz just got eliminated from the playoffs. They just can't stop the cavs late in the game. This is really fucking ridiculous. We were leading 113-112, and now they win 115-113. That is highly fucking gay.
Losing to the Cavs is one thing; losing to the Cavs with help from the league is another.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #11
Bushead
Impact Rookie

What about this: WHAT THE FUCK DID LEBRON SAY TO GLIBERT. I have so much respect for him because if i was shooting that free throw and someone started talking to me from the other team, i would have definietly started a confrontation.

And once again he traveled with the ball when he got double teamed at the end of the game. He had a pivot foot and dragged it to complete the pass.

Shit
Bushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #12
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe
I just can't stand Lebron's whiny face. Man, whenever he gets fouled or is called for a foul he looks like a 5 year old. I have lost a lot of respect for him during this series.
Same here.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:36 PM   #13
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

seriously fuck the refs. In the early beginning the chosen one wouldn't get called for anything. Was it when he grabbed daniels around the stomach and they called a fucking jump ball? WTF.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:37 PM   #14
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushead
What about this: WHAT THE FUCK DID LEBRON SAY TO GLIBERT. I have so much respect for him because if i was shooting that free throw and someone started talking to me from the other team, i would have definietly started a confrontation.

And once again he traveled with the ball when he got double teamed at the end of the game. He had a pivot foot and dragged it to complete the pass.

Shit
He said 'if you miss both of them, the game's over'. What he said ended up being true, but is that a jackass showing himself or what?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #15
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

He really said that?!!? WTF, i have no respect for him if he said that. Gil should have yelled in his face. I thought lebron was saying something like, don't worry about it or something and even then I was saying it was just an act for the camaras. Did he really say that? Gil really should have started something.

i do think that gil and lebron had been joking around during the series so i don't know what the mood was. I can only assume it got to gil because he was shooting 82% at the line and the chance of missing two shooting at 82% is like less than 3.5%.