Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Law - Oddities and Facts

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #1
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

The Law - Oddities and Facts

Any of the legal representatives care to pitch in on this?

Don't talk to cops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-17-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Law - Oddities and Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Any of the legal representatives care to pitch in on this?

Don't talk to cops:

Dont Talk to Police - YouTube

paranoid much ?
Old 02-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

You aren't a legal representative, move along

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2014, 01:33 AM   #4
That Guy
Living Legend

did you bother watching the video? what's paranoid about taking the advice of experienced defense lawyers and experienced cops that both agree on the subject?

seriously.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #5
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

If you are a suspect, if police just want to talk to you, say "Thanks, no." It's that simple. It's counter-intuitive and hard to remember, but, for all the reasons the professor and the officer state, nothing good comes of it. You just don't know:

- What the cops have or think they have;
- If you dealing with a good cop, bad cop or lazy cop; or
- With just what they are contemplating charging you.

Say no thanks. If they say "Well, we're going to have to arrest you then". Say "Ok. I want a lawyer before I say anything" and either (1) contact a lawyer you know; or (2) a reliable person (family member, friend or spouse) to arrange bail and a lawyer.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:49 PM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You aren't a legal representative, move along

wow,
Old 02-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
did you bother watching the video? what's paranoid about taking the advice of experienced defense lawyers and experienced cops that both agree on the subject?

seriously.

Why make an extremely hard job even harder ,if you are honest and not a complete moron (sorry rat) you will be fine .
Old 02-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #8
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Why make an extremely hard job even harder ,if you are honest and not a complete moron (sorry rat) you will be fine .
And yet experts say otherwise.

You clearly didn't watch the whole video, you're just a cheerleader for a group that has not been the romanticized heroes you think they are for some time.

You ARE Hillary, aren't you?

Old 02-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
............you're just a cheerleader for a group that has not been the romanticized heroes you think they are for some time.

If that makes you sleep better at night ,fine . I think it is funny you of all people said "romanticized heroes" .You are as ignorant of the job these men perform as anyone I have ever met .You want me to say they are all rotten and agree with you and others because you got a effing speeding ticket when you where in high school , sorry not going to happen .
As in any profession there are some people that aren't very good but you on the other hand feel that all cops are bad .Yes I believe their job is hard as shit and I for one don't want to make it any harder then it already is .You and NC Skins give the impression that all police are bad ,must be easy for you to sit back and be a "Monday morning QB" about police work when you don't have to do it .Yes to your ignorance I did watch that whole video but doesn't mean I agree with it ,so jr every teacher you ever had was right .....everyone ? Remember the video he is a law professor telling law students ,nope not skewed at all is it ?Lets think if no one talks to police and everyone wants a lawyer ,maybe we can employ all the lawyers who are still in Law school ,yah think ,now why would lawyers tell you not to talk to police and call them ,think ?(rat never mind)
Old 02-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #10
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
And yet experts say otherwise.

I heard Bernie" Madoff was an expert ,how did that work out ?

....and yet I still would get a second opinion .
Old 02-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

It's scary how easily people like G1 and many others who see things in his view are willing to throw away constitutional protections.

Want a gun, you must be a nut, clearly the 2nd amendment was not for nuts, so why even bother with the 2nd amendment.

Want to not say something, you must be guilty, obviously the 5th amendment shouldn't protect the guilty, so why even invoke the 5th amendment.

Want decisions kept at lower levels of government, clearly you don't want the greater good, the 10th amendment wasn't suppose to negate the greater good, so why even invoke the 10th amendment.

Don't want drones and wiretapping to be legal, clearly you are hiding something, so we need the drones and wiretapping to find out how bad you really are, who needs that protection for unreasonable search and seizure. Put password protection on your computer as you cross the border, that sounds like probable cause to the courts (look it up yourself). Sayonara 4th amendment.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:41 PM   #12
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

The professor generally gave good advice - which the veteran police officer subsequently confirmed. At times, and in my opinion, he overstated some of the ramifications, but the underlying principle is correct. If you are, or suspect you are, the subject of a police investigation, very little, if any, good can come from volunteering info to the police.

The bottom line - you want to bet your freedom on the fact that no one else is lying or has made a mistake in providing information to the officers or that you are not dealing with a bad or lazy cop - who, as you admit, exist (and I believe are in the vast minority - but, even if the ratio is one in 100, is that a risk you are willing to take with your freedom? With your family's well being) -- fine. You are free to do so. I will not - too much is at stake and history is replete with innocent errors causing irreparable harm.

Further, I would suggest the 5th A exists for the protection of the innocent and only a fool would discard such a fundamental protection in order to intentionally place their fate, and possibly the fate of their loved ones, in the hands of others whose concern for your well being may or may not be a priority.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Wink Re: The Law - Oddities and Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
The professor generally gave good advice - which the veteran police officer subsequently confirmed. At times, and in my opinion, he overstated some of the ramifications, but the underlying principle is correct. If you are, or suspect you are, the subject of a police investigation, very little, if any, good can come from volunteering info to the police.

The bottom line - you want to bet your freedom on the fact that no one else is lying or has made a mistake in providing information to the officers or that you are not dealing with a bad or lazy cop - who, as you admit, exist (and I believe are in the vast minority - but, even if the ratio is one in 100, is that a risk you are willing to take with your freedom? With your family's well being) -- fine. You are free to do so. I will not - too much is at stake and history is replete with innocent errors causing irreparable harm.

Further, I would suggest the 5th A exists for the protection of the innocent and only a fool would discard such a fundamental protection in order to intentionally place their fate, and possibly the fate of their loved ones, in the hands of others whose concern for your well being may or may not be a priority.
meh, what do you know!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #14
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
If that makes you sleep better at night ,fine . I think it is funny you of all people said "romanticized heroes" .
Really? Why me, 'of all people'?

Quote:
You are as ignorant of the job these men perform as anyone I have ever met .
So if I told you I have friends and relatives who are active or ex-cops, would that make a difference? Of course not. You must think that I think like you. Thankfully not. EDIT. I also have an ex-friend from the military who is INTERPOL, he's as dodgy as fuck.

Quote:
You want me to say they are all rotten and agree with you and others because you got a effing speeding ticket when you where in high school , sorry not going to happen .
They are largely a good group of people who, due to their immersion in the lower strata of society, have their attitudes twisted.

Quote:
As in any profession there are some people that aren't very good but you on the other hand feel that all cops are bad.
As I just stated, they deal with scum daily. That obviously affects their psyche and perception.

Quote:
.Yes I believe their job is hard as shit and I for one don't want to make it any harder then it already is .You and NC Skins give the impression that all police are bad ,must be easy for you to sit back and be a "Monday morning QB" about police work when you don't have to do it .Yes to your ignorance I did watch that whole video but doesn't mean I agree with it ,so jr every teacher you ever had was right .....everyone ?
If the job is too hard, don't do it. No sympathy from me. I want my cops like Judge Dredd.

Quote:
Remember the video he is a law professor telling law students ,nope not skewed at all is it ?Lets think if no one talks to police and everyone wants a lawyer ,maybe we can employ all the lawyers who are still in Law school ,yah think ,now why would lawyers tell you not to talk to police and call them ,think ?(rat never mind)
If you seriously think that was a pitch to employ the roving bands of homeless and destitute attorneys of America you're a bigger boob than I estimated. In fairness I believe you're either spoofing or you're the most colossal shill for the ongoing militarization of Law Enforcement.

I don't hate cops, I have an intense dislike and mistrust for those cops who treat their badge as a license to do as they want.

Last edited by RedskinRat; 02-18-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #15
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
The professor generally gave good advice
<SNIP>

I appreciate your input, as always.