Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

PrismmmMMMMmmmm, good! NOT!

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

PrismmmMMMMmmmm, good! NOT!

5 Basic Unknowns about the NSA "Black Hole"

Last week saw revelations that the FBI and the NSA have been collecting Americans' phone records en masse and that the agencies have access to data from nine tech companies.
But secrecy around the programs has meant even basic questions are still unanswered.

Some people on this forum are under the impression we don't have the technology for this type of thing. Hilarious!
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Re: PrismmmMMMMmmmm, good! NOT!

First Class Action lawsuit:

A couple in Philadelphia has filed a class-action lawsuit against the National Security Agency and Verizon, claiming they and their phone records were targeted for surveillance because of their outspoken criticism of Barack Obama and the U.S. military. This is believed to be the first official lawsuit filed against the government and the company, since it was revealed that Verizon had been ordered to turn over phone metadata for all of its customers.

The couple who filed the class-action suit are not just any disgruntled Verizon customers, however. They are Charles and Mary Ann Strange, the parents of a Navy SEAL who was killed along with 37 others, when his helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan in 2011. Several of the families of those lost in the attack have questioned the Defense Department's official story of the incident — one of the deadliest single events of the entire war for American troops — and they specifically blame President Obama's polices for leading to those deaths. Among their many complaints: that Afghan forces working with the Americans may have set them up; that because many of those killed that day were members of the same unit that killed Osama bin Laden, publicizing their role in the earlier mission made them targets for retaliation; and that rules of engagement prevented the helicopter and the men on it from fighting back. They also claim that a Muslim cleric was invited to speak at the funeral, who then insulted the dead servicemen in Arabic, although there's little evidence to support that charge
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
5 Basic Unknowns about the NSA "Black Hole"

Last week saw revelations that the FBI and the NSA have been collecting Americans' phone records en masse and that the agencies have access to data from nine tech companies.
But secrecy around the programs has meant even basic questions are still unanswered.

Some people on this forum are under the impression we don't have the technology for this type of thing. Hilarious!
who has ever said we don't have that type of capability?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
First Class Action lawsuit:

A couple in Philadelphia has filed a class-action lawsuit against the National Security Agency and Verizon, claiming they and their phone records were targeted for surveillance because of their outspoken criticism of Barack Obama and the U.S. military. This is believed to be the first official lawsuit filed against the government and the company, since it was revealed that Verizon had been ordered to turn over phone metadata for all of its customers.

The couple who filed the class-action suit are not just any disgruntled Verizon customers, however. They are Charles and Mary Ann Strange, the parents of a Navy SEAL who was killed along with 37 others, when his helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan in 2011. Several of the families of those lost in the attack have questioned the Defense Department's official story of the incident — one of the deadliest single events of the entire war for American troops — and they specifically blame President Obama's polices for leading to those deaths. Among their many complaints: that Afghan forces working with the Americans may have set them up; that because many of those killed that day were members of the same unit that killed Osama bin Laden, publicizing their role in the earlier mission made them targets for retaliation; and that rules of engagement prevented the helicopter and the men on it from fighting back. They also claim that a Muslim cleric was invited to speak at the funeral, who then insulted the dead servicemen in Arabic, although there's little evidence to support that charge
I feel terrible they lost their son and the man made the ultimate sacrifice, but this lawsuit is bullshit.

People really need to sit back and wait for more facts on this one.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Sitting through a few security briefs made him change his tune.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Sitting through a few security briefs made him change his tune.
Yeahh....no.

You mean the same "security briefs" that gave our last president credible info that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Those same guys? /facepalm

There is no security brief I could ever attend that would make me change my mind about spying on our own people without legal warrants. None.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 06-12-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeahh....no.

You mean the same "security briefs" that gave our last president credible info that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Those same guys? /facepalm

There is no security brief I could ever attend that would make me change my mind about spying on our own people with legal warrants. None.
You sound like Obama 6 years ago (I bet that stings a little, lol)...before he knew what he knows now.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Why James Clapper Should Be Impeached For Lying To Congress | Techdirt

Roger Clemens lies to Congress and they go after him relentlessly. The head of NSA lies to Congress and I imagine nothing will happen.

Why isn't he being charged? Why isn't he being impeached?

You want me to have faith in these guys to properly brief the President? **** no. Absolutely not.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:00 AM   #10
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yeahh....no.

There is no security brief I could ever attend that would make me change my mind about spying on our own people with legal warrants. None.

Well thank God you are not in charge.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Why James Clapper Should Be Impeached For Lying To Congress | Techdirt

Roger Clemens lies to Congress and they go after him relentlessly. The head of NSA lies to Congress and I imagine nothing will happen.

Why isn't he being charged? Why isn't he being impeached?

You want me to have faith in these guys to properly brief the President? **** no. Absolutely not.

LOL , and you want to know why people laugh at you? You just compared the Head of NSA to Roger Clemens .
Old 06-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #12
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Says the person who has never been to a security brief.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL , and you want to know why people laugh at you? You just compared the Head of NSA to Roger Clemens .
Well, I think his point is you would rather have Congress worry more if the Head of the NSA is covering up activities, then if a baseball player used ped's.

I know I certainly would.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #14
firstdown
Living Legend

I'm torn on this issue. Where do you draw the line? If they are truly just tracking questionable contacts from outside the country then that might not be so bad. If I'm receiving the contacts I would think they would also start tracking me. We just had this administration abusing its power (IRS scandle) so why should we believe them on this issue.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #15
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Well thank God you are not in charge.
Why? I'd get rid of big money lobbying and changed campaign finance all together. I would then get rid of the god awful Patriot Act and do away with the Homeland Security waste.

I'd be a much better President than the one we currently have or the one previous to him as well.