Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

pro life ad's in georgia

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
mlmdub130
Playmaker

pro life ad's in georgia

saw this on the news this morning and i think it is wrong on so many levels. i don't understand how these were even allowed, i would be outraged if they were in my town. i don't see how anyone in their right mind could think these ad's were done tastefully, there are much better ways to go about the pro-life, pro-choice debate. i thought the commercial during the super bowl was done with a lot more class and respect than these things.

Anti-Abortion Billboards on Race Split Opinion in Atlanta - NYTimes.com

for the record i am pro-choice

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
saden1
MVP

Re: pro life ad's in georgia

Tebow had his ad why not them? I mean, both ads convey the same message and both ads are misleading...let them have their crappy ads because ultimately people choose what's right for them not what a billboard tells them, and if they don't that's their problem.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
12thMan
MVP

Why is it that men, who have the most to say about abortion it seems, have so much to say about what a woman should do with her own body?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
dmek25
MVP

12th, quit trying to reason with people that cant be reasoned with. and good morning
Old 02-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
12thMan
MVP

A snowy good morning (afternoon now!) to you, dmek.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Among other things, those billboards trivialize the notion of "endangered species." There really are species which may soon disappear forever, and calling African-American kids an "endangered species" simply diminishes the concernt hat we should have for the truly endangered.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Among other things, those billboards trivialize the notion of "endangered species." There really are species which may soon disappear forever, and calling African-American kids an "endangered species" simply diminishes the concernt hat we should have for the truly endangered.
Are you for real? Your saying people will now care less about endangered animals because of this add. OK!
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Tebow had his ad why not them? I mean, both ads convey the same message and both ads are misleading...let them have their crappy ads because ultimately people choose what's right for them not what a billboard tells them, and if they don't that's their problem.
What's misleading about the add?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #9
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Why is it that men, who have the most to say about abortion it seems, have so much to say about what a woman should do with her own body?

well since it takes a male and a female to have a child, the male should have just as much right as the female when it comes to deciding wether or not to have an abortion.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
All the people named in that article were women so I'm not sure how that applies here. I know that's a famous line from the left but is there any point when its not ok for a women to do as she wants?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
It all boils down to what one believes, is the fetus just a lump of cells, not any different than a gall bladder, liver or finger, or is it a human life at conception. Those that believe it's a human life at conception believe it's no longer just the woman's body. They believe the woman has no right to murder the unborn child any more than she would have to murder a one day old child.

And there are many, many women on the pro-life side that hold the belief of life beginning at conception.

Very complex, very emotional issue. One that I'm sure will not be resolved to one side or the other's satisfaction in our lifetimes.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
What's misleading about the add?
How about the notion of Tebow being a "miracle baby?" If you cut through facad you realize all the ad is saying is "don't do abortion, you might hit the jackpot like me and birth a baller." Of course, what it doesn't tell you is that the chance of your baby being a baller is statistically improbable and that there's a better chance that he might become a perennial criminal.

-Jenkins
Old 02-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #13
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
How about the notion of Tebow being a "miracle baby?" If you cut through facad you realize all the ad is saying is "don't do abortion, you might hit the jackpot like me and birth a baller." Of course, what it doesn't tell you is that the chance of your baby being a baller is statistically improbable and that there's a better chance that he might become a perennial criminal.
Are we talking NCAA (yes) or NFL (highly doubtful) baller?
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Are we talking NCAA (yes) or NFL (highly doubtful) baller?
Any NCAA player able to make it to the NFL. How hard can you be ballin' if you can't make it to the next level? I am afraid there's no such thing as second place baller.

-Jenkins
Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #15
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Any NCAA player able to make it to the NFL. How hard can you be ballin' if you can't make it to the next level? I am afraid there's no such thing as second place baller.
True. One is certainly ballin' if he's gonna get paid 7 figures (I'm just hoping it isn't with a check signed by Snyder).