Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

stroke

Parking Lot

Old 10-22-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
dall-assblows
The Starter

stroke

my mom had a stroke on sunday morning at about 6am.

she cant speak right now, has paralisis on the right side of her body. im really scared right now. dont know wwhat to expect. i was just wondering if anybody on this site has experienced this personally or know someone who has. i just want to know what to expect. please keep her in your prayers.

its soo wierd to me because my mom is 49 years young, very healthy, very active. i just dont understand it.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2007, 12:03 AM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: stroke

I can't imagine what you're going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and your family.

Medically speaking, I don't want to assume because it could be many things. A good friend of mine in college had a stroke (she was only 21), so I know it can unfortunately hit at any age.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
Lady Brave
The Starter

I'm very sorry to hear that. My mother-in-law suffered a stroke. It happened before I met my husband. She never completely regained her speech, but she can communicate fairly well. She has no feeling in her left hand, so she has to be careful when she's cooking. It was a slow process for her, but overall she leads a very productive life. It's hard to get her to slow down sometimes.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #4
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I am so very sorry. I can tell you that my grandfather experienced a mild stroke recently and had limited use of the right side of his body and slurred his speech. He seems to have recovered quite well, but each stroke is different. I hope and pray that your mother's recovery goes well and that you and the rest of your family copes with this as best as can be expected.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 AM   #5
dmek25
MVP

is she a fighter? if so, this will really help her. my prayers go out to you and yours
Old 10-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #6
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Thoughts and prayers. If you would like, give me her name and I will add her to our church's prayer list. Just PM me with the name.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
jbcjr14
The Starter

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. My grandfather had a stroke and recovered very well with time and alot of therapy.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #8
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

I give you and your family my best dall-assblows...

My grandfather had a stroke over 20 years ago. He recovered fairly well, and he's still living on his own at 80. Being from France, he spoke both French and English. After the stroke, he had a tough time relearning English, but was able to communicate in French. So he and my grandmother moved back to France not too long afterwards so he could continue to rehab in his native language.

He lost a lot of range of motion in his right side, so he learned to do everything left handed, and does pretty well for himself. He struggles with his speech a little bit. You can see it in his face that he knows what he wants to say, but just can't get the words out. I think that is a factor of age and the stroke at this point, plus living alone, he doesn't talk as much as he once did. His neighbors look after him, and he goes on senior trips all the time. He still tends to his garden, and makes daily trips into town. My mom and uncle get over there once a year or so to see him, and up until last year, he would stay here for a few months during Christmas time. All in all, he's done very well for himself. So there is always hope...good luck to you dall-assblows.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #9
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Our thoughts and prayers with your family. We hope for a speedy recovery..