Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Parking Lot

Old 10-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #1
saden1
MVP

08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

If you had to pick one which one would you pick?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2007, 02:56 AM   #2
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

Re: 08' Mercedes C-Class v.s. '08 Infiniti G35 Sedan

I had an infiniti G35 sedan, and I miss that car so much I want to puke... it was the absolute best car Ive ever owned...

I don't care much for the entry level mercedes, as they're cheaply made and very expensive to fix...

I'd personally and quickly go for the Infiniti...

such a nice car... Mine was black on black, automatic (the only thing I didn't like). I tinted the windows, added a spoiler, and changed out the marker lights to clear ones... I'll hop on the other computer and find a picture

have you driven them both?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:57 AM   #3
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

congratulations... by the way!
Old 10-04-2007, 02:59 AM   #4
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
If you had to pick one which one would you pick?

The Infinity G-35, but I am partial because it is supposed to be the U.S. version of the Nissan Skyline; which is one of the better handling cars in the world. Plus it offers some good performance. The G-35 has more horsepower, a bigger engine, and ironically slightly better (1mpg HW & City) fuel economy. It is also slightly cheaper than the Benz. I am also comparing the 07 G-35 to the 08 Merces C class because cars.com doesn't have the 08 G35 listed yet. So as long as the 08 G-35 doesn't have a dramatic drop off. I would say that the G-35 is the best bet. In my opinion anyway.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:00 AM   #5
dmek25
MVP

without knowing anything about the mechanics of either car, i would pick the Benz. to me, its the same reason i buy nothing but Jordan's for my feet. its all about the status
Old 10-04-2007, 05:01 AM   #6
dmek25
MVP

without knowing anything about the mechanics of either car, i would pick the Benz. to me, its the same reason i buy nothing but Jordan's for my feet. its all about the status
Old 10-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #7
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I know this is going to sound really strange, but neither. I can appreciate really nice cars, but I have a REALLY hard time spending a lot of money on a depreciating asset. Instead of spending say $40,000 on a really great car, I'm the type to spend $25,000 on a 1-year old car or floor model and spend the other $15,000 doing something kickass around the house.

But, if I had to choose, I'd go with the Benz. The Infiniti G-35 is nice, but the Benz looks even nicer. Now, if you throw the Infiniti G-37 coupe into the mix, I'd go hands-down with that. Either way you go, you're going to be driving a p---ymobile.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #8
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I know this is going to sound really strange, but neither. I can appreciate really nice cars, but I have a REALLY hard time spending a lot of money on a depreciating asset. Instead of spending say $40,000 on a really great car, I'm the type to spend $25,000 on a 1-year old car or floor model and spend the other $15,000 doing something kickass around the house.

But, if I had to choose, I'd go with the Benz. The Infiniti G-35 is nice, but the Benz looks even nicer. Now, if you throw the Infiniti G-37 coupe into the mix, I'd go hands-down with that. Either way you go, you're going to be driving a p---ymobile.
I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a car either.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:27 AM   #9
FRPLG
MVP

The BMW 3 series in generally regarded as the cream of the crop in this class.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #10
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Yeah, if you wait til the end of the model year, you can get some great deals. I just bought a leftover '07 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road with the 5.7 liter Hemi, 20 inch Chrome Rims, basically loaded for just under $25k. They have a brand new '08 that is IDENTICAL in front of the dealership right now for $42k. If you wait til model year end, you get great financing also...

All of that said, you'll be happy with either car but as great as Infiniti's are, there's nothing like German engineering.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #11
firstdown
Living Legend

I'm with the crowd that would not spend that much money on a poor investment. Over the past 12 years I have spent 16,500 total on two cars so my average cost per year is around $1,375 and I'm not driving around junk. Both have been Ford Explorers loaded and I just look around until I find one garage kept and some one who is older that has all the maintance records and it seem to work for me. I tow a boat so I have to have something with a little power.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:35 AM   #12
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Neither. Both have issues and getting them fixed are insanely expensive.

My boss has a newer Mercedes and it is ALWAYS in the shop. I've known people with Infinitis who get screwed on repairs and maintenance too, plus a lot of the G-35s have a starting issue. Even simple things like headlight bulbs need to be sold with some KY on these cars.

I'd go for a Chrysler 300 or a Cadillac STS. They're be easier and cheaper to own and maintain, give you comparable or better reliability, cost less at purchase and in the long run while still giving you good performance (and an aftermarket to improve performance) and in my opinion, they look a lot better too.

Even if the transmission goes out in the Chrysler, which is bound to happen eventually, you'll still have more money than if you had to get a brakejob on one of the other cars.

Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #13
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post

My boss has a newer Mercedes and it is ALWAYS in the shop. I've known people with Infinitis who get screwed on repairs and maintenance too, plus a lot of the G-35s have a starting issue. Even simple things like headlight bulbs need to be sold with some KY on these cars.

I'd go for a Chrysler 300 or a Cadillac STS. They're be easier and cheaper to own and maintain, give you comparable or better reliability, cost less at purchase and in the long run while still giving you good performance (and an aftermarket to improve performance) and in my opinion, they look a lot better too.

Even if the transmission goes out in the Chrysler, which is bound to happen eventually, you'll still have more money than if you had to get a brakejob on one of the other cars.

LOL! Yeah buy American you will be really happy.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #14
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Ive heard nothing but great things from G35 owners. Personally, I don't buy American car companies. They're light years behind European and Japanese manufacturers.

Use sites as consumer reports, etc to help you get a knowledge base. Go out and test drive all the cars you're interested in. Find what fits your driving schedule. Best way to know it is try. Friend of mine just bought an '06 ES 350 Lexus with 16K. The car is awesome.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #15
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post

What are the resells on them? To me what a car costs up front doesn't matter as much as what it costs compared to the resell I'll probably get. I have bought 1 year old BMW 3s in the mid 20's and resold them 3 years later for 20-21. Any other car I bought would have depreciated just as much and probably more. Can't ague about repair costs though. They do run high. That's the main reason I'd avoid the Mercedes. They are rife with issues right now. I can't speak to the Infiniti other than to say I have never heard they have serious issues but I do know that BMW3s have little in the way of issues. Never had to have one worked on myself either.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote