Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Floyd Money Mayweather...

Other Sports

Old 12-09-2007, 02:02 AM   #1
scafuri27
Special Teams

Floyd Money Mayweather...

Some people cant take him due to his arrogence.. I dont think he adds up to some of the best welterweights of all time.. but as of right now in the sport there is no better pound for pound boxer. He handled Hatton tonight with a mix of ellusive defense and lightning fast counter punches. Hatton did a great job of pressing the fight but it seems like Mayweather can adapt to any fighter or any circumstance in the ring. he will never physically dominate opponents like Sugar Ray.. but you have to commend him on what has been a great career!
scafuri27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2007, 03:37 AM   #2
gabe1984
Special Teams

Re: Floyd Money Mayweather...

Mayweather is the man. I'm so glad he won tonight. And, I was routin for him him when he beat DeLahoya's ass too. People don't like him because they watch the 24/7 show on HBO and they think he's a an asshole. But, he only acts like an asshole to his opponents, and then he beats their' asses. Good for him! USA!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
Rhaamses
Impact Rookie

Too many times people put personal elements in their adjudication of an athlete. I don't care if he is boostful. Part of Boxing in entertainment. If you are a boxer in the Pay for View era, you have to create any type of buzz that you can. I admire that fanship that Hatton has. So many of his Manchester fans crossed the pond the see this fight, and many more stayed up til the wee hours of the morning. Unfortunately, for them they watched the destruction, by a man they wanted to hate. Both Floyd AND Roger seem to know exactly what to do against each opponent they face.

If I were Floyd, I'd stop. There is nothing greater for him to achieve in Boxing. Apparently he doesn't need money. His boxing knowledge may lead to a career in announcing, and he has the pesonality for that as well. Kudos to the Mayweather Great Tactical Victory. Crawl back in your hole with you Pint and Fish and Chips you Fat little Brit. You have been introduced to a DEE-Troit Azz Whoppin!
Old 12-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #4
scafuri27
Special Teams

One more against Cotto..then he should hang it up.

I also heard that Taylor Pavlick 2 is going to be at 168 lb... anybody else hear anything about that?? They both have big frames I think super middlewieght would be a crazy fight.. Then the winner can take on Calzaghe

Taylor Pavlick 1 was easily the best fight of 07
Pavlick Miranda earlier in the year was up there too
scafuri27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
firstdown
Living Legend

Whats boxing?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:53 AM   #6
scafuri27
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Whats boxing?
its kind of like ufc..but they wear padded mits and the fight is usualy fixed
Old 12-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #7
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scafuri27 View Post
its kind of like ufc..but they wear padded mits and the fight is usualy fixed
Oh, now I remember. They dance around for 3 minutes at a time and throw a punch or two and they want $55.00 to watch it. I can watch Dancing With The Stars for free.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:21 AM   #8
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

One thing the fight told me is that as fans we suck at sporting events. All the other countries have kick ass songs and all kinds of chants. Cool stuff and all we have to give them is the same USA chant that Hacksaw Jim Duggan has bee using since forever. I couldn't stop singing that Walking in a Hatton Wonderland one ! That was so cool. Floyd did whip his ass though ! And UFC is definitely the better between it and Boxing but boxing is still fun to watch. But there's nothing on earth like a good MMA fight !

Maybe if Joe Rogan did commentary it would be alot more fun.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #9
scafuri27
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
One thing the fight told me is that as fans we suck at sporting events. All the other countries have kick ass songs and all kinds of chants. Cool stuff and all we have to give them is the same USA chant that Hacksaw Jim Duggan has bee using since forever. I couldn't stop singing that Walking in a Hatton Wonderland one ! That was so cool. Floyd did whip his ass though ! And UFC is definitely the better between it and Boxing but boxing is still fun to watch. But there's nothing on earth like a good MMA fight !

Maybe if Joe Rogan did commentary it would be alot more fun.
I will always be a boxing fan first.. but I have to admit if your paying to watch a PPV than UFC is a better bargain. The undercard bouts in MMA offer more excitement than those in boxing. It is crazy to see the popularity of the UFC take off..and as it stands now UFC names are becoming much more household than those of boxing.