WK3 Tough loss. Keep head up!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-24-2007, 04:22 AM   #1
Luxorreb
^21^

Post WK3 Tough loss. Keep head up!

Aight Redskins fans...

Let's let it go.
Terrible home loss today. Terrible cause we didn't get blown out, but because we had 21 unanswered points rolled against us in the 2nd half. We were inept in late game clock management/ play calls.

Terrilbe horrible loss.
I was in the parking lot at noon and didn't get home til midnight.
Long day.
It sucked.

Thing is- it's over. We're 2-1. Bye week.

Lotsa games left. Don't get me wrong they're all mostly gonna be difficult.
But 13 regular season games left.

Honestly we're lucky to have staved off a sucky Miami team and a late push by the Eagles. We beat Miami in OT and they're 0-3.

Have faith Redskins faithful. Believe in Gibbs, Williams, Saunders, Campbell, Portis, Moss, Sellers and most importantly YOURSELF!

Season is nowhere near over. Crappy loss it sucks. Let's all get our heads outta ours arses and man up and help our team reach the playoffs!

GO REDSKINS!!!
FIGHT FOR OL DC!!!

Advertisements
Old 09-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: WK3 Tough loss. Keep head up!

Yeah losing sucks, but let's keep things in perspective. It's one game with 13 left to go. The team just needs to learn from this, suck it up and move forward.

As for us, I think the entire board needs to take a deep breath and relax. Some of these threads and posts are just embarrassingly stupid. Why does the collective IQ of the board drop about 20 points after a loss?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

I agree.
Giants wern't that great and we just didn't exicute at all in the second half.

We could have won that game and as a fan that is very disapointing but hey I'm just a fan so the chin stays up. I do have to wear my skins gear and go to a local pub later today and suck up the abuse and buy a guy a beer. Having to do that after a game we could have/should have won sucks but if we would have won I would have ragged their asses too.

Walk it off boys!
Hail Skins!

peace
mike
<><
Old 09-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Criticism is warranted after a loss like this. Too many times, we've seen the Skins play not to lose after going up by 10 or more. Before the final drive, I only recall one second half pass downfield (the long pass overthrown to Moss). The Giants hadn't been able to cover anyone downfield this season, yet Saunders/Gibbs put together a 2nd half offensive game plan that did nothing to exploit a glaring defensive weakness. I put this loss on offensive coaching, or lack thereof.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
DFI
Special Teams

Amen and Amen. it was a tough loss, I am in the tiny section of the country where the game was not on tv so I was reduced to watching the lines on nfl.com.

Makes it worse that my best friend is a Giants fan and I ragged him pretty good at the half.

but still the F. Gibbs thread is crazy time to regroup not clean house
DFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:59 AM   #6
dmek25
MVP

the one thing that really bothers me about this loss is how Portis seems to be on the bench when it counts. i have no problem with calling a run at the end of the game. but lets have our best running back carrying it.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #7
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
the one thing that really bothers me about this loss is how Portis seems to be on the bench when it counts. i have no problem with calling a run at the end of the game. but lets have our best running back carrying it.
In San Diego, Michael Turner is a hell of a #2 running back, but you won't see him in on goal-line offense over LT. I love Betts, but Portis really has a nose for the goal line. I want Portis in the game 100% of the time inside the 5 yard line.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #8
Monkeydad
Living Legend

There WERE a lot of positives in the game.

We had 3 takeaways. BIG.

Campbell continues to have a great deep ball and if the receivers (RBs included) would catch the ball, he'd have an amazing stat line.

Our D looks great when they're not forced to be on the field for an entire half. We were all over Eli. Between the pressure from the D and the crowd noise, he looked like he was lost.

No major injuries. Portis, Moss, Griffin, Taylor and Daniels all had minor nicks that forced them out of the game for a few plays, but overall, we're not being killed by injuries like last year other than our O-line. We now have a bye week for these guys to get 100% again, perfect timing I say.

Randel El. He's the sparkplug we paid for, maybe more than we expected.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #9
jbcjr14
The Starter

I agree. It's time to let it go and move on. Get Reche Caldwell ready and DeMulling ready and lets play some football in two weeks. I think its also important to remember your early season predictions when looking at the schedule. I would be willing to be that most had us 2-1 going into the bye week! I did and while yesterday leaves a bad taste in my mouth, they are right where I thought they would be at the bye.

Regroup and get better!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #10
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

It's hard to keep the head up, after watching the game slowly go down the drain.

It bothered me too, that with the game on the line, Portis is on a knee on the sideline, with Betts in there trying to pound it in.

The Crowd noise definitely played a factor with the Giants, you could tell they were confused at points. However, the defense was on the field entirely too long in the 2nd half.

And while I'm glad Campbell can go deep, he needs to continue to improve on his reads, and hitting receivers in the numbers. Sellers' drop on the 1, the ball was below his knee. He still looks shaky, but with a bye week, he's got 2 weeks to continue to fine-tune his game, and get in sync with the receivers again.

The team needs to figure out a way to get Cooley involved more. I know he's being kept on the line more to help with blocking, but he's a major go to guy.

Detroit in 2 weeks. I'd like to see 5-1 after Detroit and Green Bay (they can't keep it up that long without a run game, can they?)

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:46 AM   #11
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
In San Diego, Michael Turner is a hell of a #2 running back, but you won't see him in on goal-line offense over LT. I love Betts, but Portis really has a nose for the goal line. I want Portis in the game 100% of the time inside the 5 yard line.

I think the dealt of talent between LT and turner is much larger then that of Portis to Betts. Really at this point Portis is not a huge upgrade over Betts, IMO.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:51 AM   #12
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I think the dealt of talent between LT and turner is much larger then that of Portis to Betts. Really at this point Portis is not a huge upgrade over Betts, IMO.
That's just nuts. Portis far better all around: running, catching and he's the best blocking and tackling RB in the league. He's thrown for TDs too.

Well, USUALLY he is, CP had some goofs yesterday, but he still had a better game than Betts.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:40 AM   #13
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Several key ingredients contributing to my post game lethargy:

1) Strong first half showing surrendered in the second half.
2) Division opponent on the ropes, until we choked on our own
success, and could not finish what we started.
3) Good teams win the games they are supposed to, and we did not.
4) Good teams....FINISH, we did not
5) And last and most disturbing, Big D IS doing what we should be!!

HOWEVER, we have a bye to lick our wounds and work on our lack of a killer instinct. We are still 2-1...........Tough Monday!
HTTR
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #14
Takeuon
Impact Rookie

A tough loss and an overall bad day for us Skins fans!!
Was it just me...or was anyone else with their sickened stomachs from the loss....., get excited for a little hope that Chicago would at least beat the damn Cowboys!?? And we could share 1st place.
So their I was on my couch after having pulled out most my hair from our 2nd half collapse wacthing ....and low and behold Chicago took a dump in the 2nd half of their game and Romo looked like some Hall of Famer! Seriously though.....they(Cowboys) looked damn good! SUCKS
The Cryboys are in 1st place now and we need to be productive during this bye-week. PLAYCALLING gentleman!! Lets work on it and put the smack down on the Lions!
Takeuon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #15
DCborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeuon View Post
A tough loss and an overall bad day for us Skins fans!!
Was it just me...or was anyone else with their sickened stomachs from the loss....., get excited for a little hope that Chicago would at least beat the damn Cowboys!?? And we could share 1st place.
So their I was on my couch after having pulled out most my hair from our 2nd half collapse wacthing ....and low and behold Chicago took a dump in the 2nd half of their game and Romo looked like some Hall of Famer! Seriously though.....they(Cowboys) looked damn good! SUCKS
The Cryboys are in 1st place now and we need to be productive during this bye-week. PLAYCALLING gentleman!! Lets work on it and put the smack down on the Lions!

The Cowboys are looking tight...and may not really be challenged until New England plays them 3 weeks from now. We have only two choices ,either improve overall or prepare to get swept by Dallas this season.