Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cuts & Pickups

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-26-2005, 08:09 PM   #1
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Cuts & Pickups

June 1st is right around the bend and who do you see gone and who would you like to see picked up.

I don't know who will be gone other than possibly Morton.

As for pickups, I'd like to see Peter Warrick brought in, from what I've heard from some buddies he may be released in June.

Also I'd bring Deon back... now before you guys take my head off, let me plead my case. I am one of those who thought both Sanders and Green had a substantial impact on making Champ who he is today and I would like to get him in here to help develop rogers in that same manner. We all know Green still probraly hangs around Redskin park and the two of them could educate the youngster to be the best.

The other player I'd take would be Seau, but this would only be if Barrow is not healthy. I have some drawbacks about him at the same time, because I heard he is horrible in the locker room, and I don't know if the Redskins can handle having him and Arrington's whinning ass in the same room. I think he could teach Arrington something, that for shore!

Discuss

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2005, 08:16 PM   #2
Yellow31
Special Teams

Re: Cuts & Pickups

Yeah lets bring in Deion, Seau too why not Jeff George too...come on dude how about some type of reality check...Wait a minute are your initials DS??? maybe VC???
Yellow31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6039
Old 04-26-2005, 08:37 PM   #4
diehardskin2982

Why am I wrong Yellow? The overall goal for a franchise is to get to the Superbowl, and to build a team. I didn't say we should pay a fortune for either one but I do think Sanders could help educate the rookie. Wait didn't Deon pick us off on National television or was I trippin

Know I admit Seau is a reach but I'm looking for answers, I think Junior could play middle and Lemar Marshal, plus Brandon Barnes aren't the answer. When players get older they usually understand their role as teachers to the youth. Robert McCume, and Jared Newberry could definately learn from a guy like Seau. Rather them learn from a player like him, than a guy like Arrington, who is waging a personal war with the front office and still over persues. Seau is from the old school, he knows how to prepare and can help adjust the rookies to the pro game.

Now in the NFL the trend seems to be that teams aren't taking older guys for high prices anymore, look at Ty Law. If I can see that, I know players do. So why not take a chance. As for Warrick, he would thrive in our system, which is similar to the partiots, who also has had many small fast recievers.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:55 PM   #5
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Hmmm... Warrick might be interesting, BUT Deion?! Naaaaahh.. I'll pass on that one. If Warrick wouldn't command a super high price, I see him as someone who has yet to fulfill his potential.

On second thought, we have Gardner. Nevermind.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:57 PM   #6
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Aren't we still paying Deion?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:00 PM   #7
Riggo44
The Starter

I would like to get Warrick. But will Cinn release him? Deon Sanders makes me want 2 :vomit-smi ! Jr Seau would have been great 3 yrs ago but I really think he needs to retire. His knees are shot.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:02 PM   #8
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Aren't we still paying Deion?
:frusty: :vomit-smi
Old 04-26-2005, 09:14 PM   #9
RedskinsJunkie
Special Teams

No way do you get any of those players. Deon isn't a team player and did nothing for Champ. Champ was tutored by Green and Green alone. Deon loves Deon. Junior is way old and Warrick is another guy in the mold of Moss and Patten. OUr D isn't the problem, it was our O. We need a big target at WR and we didn't address it in the draft when we had the chance to get M. Williams. I think that we could have gotten a number of CBs through free agency (Rolle, Baxter, Dyson, heck even a our nickel from last year) and we could have used the 25th pick on DE...
RedskinsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:07 PM   #10
drew54
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982
June 1st is right around the bend and who do you see gone and who would you like to see picked up.

I don't know who will be gone other than possibly Morton.

As for pickups, I'd like to see Peter Warrick brought in, from what I've heard from some buddies he may be released in June.

Also I'd bring Deon back... now before you guys take my head off, let me plead my case. I am one of those who thought both Sanders and Green had a substantial impact on making Champ who he is today and I would like to get him in here to help develop rogers in that same manner. We all know Green still probraly hangs around Redskin park and the two of them could educate the youngster to be the best.

The other player I'd take would be Seau, but this would only be if Barrow is not healthy. I have some drawbacks about him at the same time, because I heard he is horrible in the locker room, and I don't know if the Redskins can handle having him and Arrington's whinning ass in the same room. I think he could teach Arrington something, that for shore!

Discuss
Cut Morton, that will cost us money as discussed in posts gone by. NO
Peter Warrick, always hurt, sucks, not the tall WR we need. NO
Deion Sanders, ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME!!!!

If I was a Mod here you would be lifetime banned and this thread would be deleted before some other idiots starts loving Deion. Springs, Harris, and the coaches will develope Rogers just fine.

Seau Say NO.

Thanks for stopping by Dan Snyder of 2000. Please don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:15 PM   #11
diehardskin2982

drew that was quite harsh but u should know this is a forum open to all opinion and that is why u are not a moderator.

Are u shore about that Redskinjunkie, look at Champs tendacies, the arrogance and skill. I think he learned from both.

Ladel Betts is always hurt, but we keep him right? give me a break!
I didn't take Seau injuries into consideration, but if his knee are like u say they are Riggo I change my mind on him because he would be as good to us as Barrow is.

Robert McCume of Louisville is a steal, I've seen him play and he's very talented. So with the right tutteledge he'll be awesome.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:23 PM   #12
Big C
Mr. Brightside

warrick is a possession reciever, not a burner, so he isnt like moss or patten in that way. hes not the biggest guy tho if thats what ur getting at
Old 04-26-2005, 11:35 PM   #13
diehardskin2982

warrick was known for his great hands, if u throw it his way he'll make the catch. Last year he feel off because of a knee injury. He could in my opinion become a reciever that the qb who ever that may be can depend on
Old 04-27-2005, 08:25 AM   #14
RedskinsJunkie
Special Teams

There is no way Warrick is considered a possesion receiver. I guess he is in the same sense that Coles is a possesion receiver, and therein lied the problem last year with Coles. He would go over the middle, hated it, and wanted to stretch the field. Warrick is supposed to be shifty and make people miss. Gardener is a possesion guy, not Warrick. We do not need another receiver like that on this team.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:24 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

Deion?? Please. That's about all I'm going to say about that.

Seau? Why?

These sound like Snyder moves of a couple years ago, do we really need to go there again??
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote