Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

(Merged) Day Two Picks

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-24-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
Skinsfanatic
The Starter

Extra Pick

Redskins trade pick 112 to the Vikings for 120 and 154. Now thats what I am talking about.
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2005, 11:55 AM   #2
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Extra Pick

Marvelous move. Still some high quality guys on the board. Elton Brown to the Cards at 111, amazing.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:56 AM   #3
hurrykaine
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic
Redskins trade pick 112 to the Vikings for 120 and 154. Now thats what I am talking about.
Brace yourselves for two O-line picks, one of which could be that Center Jason Brown from UNC.
hurrykaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:05 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

Brown would be nice since he could play guard as well.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:06 PM   #5
Schneed10
A Dude

Antaj Hawthorne at DT? I like Salavea'a a lot, but another DT couldn't hurt, and Hawthorne should have been gone a while ago.

I'd really like that WR Mathis though. Me likey speed.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
beg8878
Special Teams

any good WRs still on the board?
beg8878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:09 PM   #7
Skinsfanatic
The Starter

A fullback?
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:10 PM   #8
MTK
\m/

Insider Profile: Manuel White Jr.

Manuel White Jr
FB | (6'2", 244, 4.65) | UCLA

Strengths:
Is an intriguing developmental FB prospect because of his unique blend of size, athleticism and speed. Has great experience as a ball carrier and receiver. Shows excellent initial burst and good speed for his size. Has some lateral movement quickness and does a decent job of planting and driving without losing much in transition. He has good vision and patience as a runner. Is a powerful runner with good body lean and lower body strength. Has soft hands for a bigger back out of the backfield and shows a good feel as a route runner in the short area. Has good size as a blocker. Is raw as a blocker but has some upside if he can improve his technique while getting bigger and tougher.

Weaknesses: Durability is a concern after missing four games with a leg injury in 2003 and suffering a knee injury during the 2005 Senior Bowl. He's a bit of a 'tweener who lacks the top-end speed and explosiveness of a fulltime NFL running back, but also lacks experience and strength as a blocker. His awareness and angles must improve as a blocker. He needs to also do a better job of sustaining and playing with leverage. Is big but must improve his lower body strength and overall power as a blocker. Also needs to become more physical and aggressive in that facet.

Overall: In 2003, White started the first eight games (five at RB and three at FB) before being sidelined by a fractured right scapula in the Arizona State game. At the time of his injury, he was the team's leading rusher. He finished with 379 net rushing yards and three touchdowns, while also averaging 10.1 yards on 10 receptions. White returned healthy as a senior in 2004, where he continued to play a 'tweener RB/FB role and split carries with RB Maurice Drew. White finished with 164 carries for 764 yards and eight touchdowns. He also chipped in with 20 receptions for 115 yards. White is a versatile fullback in the mold of Packers' FB Najeh Davenport  just not nearly as athletic. White lacks ideal experience as a blocker but he has excellent size and some upside in that area if he can improve his technique and get much stronger. He also has good speed for his size and excellent experience carrying and catching the football. Essentially, White is a running back stuck in a fullback's body. Because White is such a unique athlete with the versatility to provide production as a runner, blocker, receiver and on special teams, he is worth taking a late chance on by a team that uses its fullback in a versatile role. However, he looked to be woefully week as a blocker at the Senior Bowl and he lacks the explosiveness as an athlete to bother wasting a pick on him any earlier. Furthermore, his knee injury in the Senior Bowl provides even more reason for concern.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #9
hurrykaine
Impact Rookie

wow-6'2", 245 - this guy is touted as a monster FB. Gibbs and co must've taken him for his blocking and for his potential as a goalline back.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:17 PM   #10
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

Except he can't block...
redwagonskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:17 PM   #11
drew54
The Starter

H Back/TE. All the way. Bugel will teach him how to block and he already knows how to catch and run. Excellent pick!!!!!
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:17 PM   #12
hurrykaine
Impact Rookie

really? you've seen this guy play?
Old 04-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #13
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

Did you watch the senior bowl? not so fresh. and watching UCLA here in south Cal but who knows, maybe after four years in college of not having picked up the skill, he will in training camp. BTW, he was used mostly as a hb at UCLA...
Old 04-24-2005, 12:25 PM   #14
drew54
The Starter

I think I was him once or twice, and like wagon said he usually played HB. Also from reading all of the Bio's on him that i colud google this is my opinion. Has good size now if only he can learn to block.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:27 PM   #15
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

Didn't they just sign Rock again did they... and what about Sellers..I guess we'll be deep at FB too.