Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

baseball and steroids

Parking Lot

Old 12-08-2004, 03:28 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

baseball and steroids

Man I'm sick of hearing all the talk radio shows harping on this. Yeah I know it's big news, I just hate it when other sports steal time away from football talk.

Especially at this time of the year, it's the stretch run in the NFL and all I hear is talk about Giambi and Bonds.

Baseball is so behind the times it's laughable. Guys have been juicing for years and all this time they thought it was the ball that was juiced. Give me a break!
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2004, 11:02 PM   #2
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

I agree that this hasn't been a very well kept secret that steroids are a major part of baseball just like other sports. all this talk about how steroids don't help u with hand eye coordination may be true but steroids sure as heck helps a good double hitter suddenly become a major homerun hitter. I am getting tired of the steroid talk but I truly hope they put an * next to most, if not all, of the recent homerun records over the past 10 years cuz I know I for one will not recognize any of the recent homerun records having the same value of the real records of guys who were clean(of steroids.)
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:11 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Not to start a firestorm here but should we put an asterisk next to Babe Ruth because he never had to face any African-Americans or Latinos?
Old 12-08-2004, 11:18 PM   #4
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

true but that was a political and civil issue while this is about people using illegal substances to get a leg up on the competetion and more obscenely inflated contracts into their bank account.

it would have been awesome if there'd been racially mixed leagues from the start where the best could play the best, but unfortunately racisim played and plays a huge part in our past and present, but hopefully not as much, or more preferably not at all, in our future.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:47 PM   #5
Big C
Mr. Brightside

another reason i hate baseball, players cant even win with talent
Old 12-09-2004, 12:53 AM   #6
redrock-skins
Impact Rookie

While I don't condone what's going on in baseball, does anyone really believe football players are not taking undectable roids?
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:07 AM   #7
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock-skins
While I don't condone what's going on in baseball, does anyone really believe football players are not taking undectable roids?

I think the situation is baseball is far worse, but there are defintley guys in the NFL on it too. If you dont think that you're kidding yourself. However, I think football players would be more likley to pass on some, because of the type of sport it is. You have to be big and everything, but dont roids really increase your chances of like tearing your muscles off your body. With the cuts and everything that some players take, they would get injured alot more than they do. However, there are defintley some on Steriods, no doubt.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:56 PM   #8
That Guy
Living Legend

the nfl has actual rules in place to deal with the situation... not to say some players could be taking something under the radar, but there's random tests and real penatlies (unlike baseball), so i'd say there's less than baseballs 5%+...

so under 100 in a 2000 player league...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:37 AM   #9
cpayne5
Playmaker

David Boston was suspended 4 games without pay (that he'll serve while on IR) for testing positive for steroids. Anyone surprised with this news? I can tell you I wasn't.