Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

It is very possible, if not probable, that both Haynesworth and McNabb will be traded during the offseason, perhaps just before the NFL Draft. I’m guessing that the Skins will want draft picks in return.

I’m also guessing that the Skins may take a little less for Haynesworth than they’ve supposedly asked for in the past because I don’t expect Haynesworth and Shanahan to reach an accommodation on Haynesworth’s role on the team. The very most I can foresee getting in return for Haynesworth is a 3rd Round pick but we’ll probably need to settle for a 4th Rounder.

As for McNabb, I can’t imagine that he would want to return as a backup, which is his likely fate if he stays in D.C. The Redskins overpaid for McNabb to begin with and then Shanahan’s benchings of McNabb depressed his trade value even more. I think we’ll probably get a 4th Rounder for him, as well.

The following are the teams I think might be interested in each player, with the most likely trading partners listed in descending order, and what I think the return for each player might be if he is traded.

Haynesworth – Obviously, we would need a 4-3 team to take him.

1.Tennessee – They have expressed interest in the past and they have a smallish D-Line. It’s also home to Haynesworth who played at UT (that’s a big deal to people who live there). It was rumored that TN offered a 4th for Haynesworth last season. We might be able to get their 4th (#12) and get them to swap 5th Rounders (#11 to WSH; #24 to TN).
2.Minnesota – They may lose one or both of their starting DT’s. I could foresee a similar deal with them. Their 4th (#9) and a swap of 5th Rounders (#8 to WSH; #24 to Min). If Min loses both starting DT’s, then we might be able to land their 4th (#9) and one of their two 5th Rounders (#8 or #19) for Haynesworth. Losing both DT’s might also propel Min to the top of my list. Min has no 3rd Round pick.
3.Detroit – Haynesworth’s former DC, Jim Schwartz, is now the HC in Detroit. Suh recently said that he’d love to have AH playing next to him. Nevertheless, as far as I know, Detroit hasn’t made a move to trade for Haynesworth and Corey Redding is a pretty good DT. Maybe they would trade their 4th (#10) and swap 5th Rounders (#9 for #24).
4.New Orleans – They’ve shown some interest in Haynesworth. They might like to play him between Sedrick Ellis and Will Smith. They have no 4th Round picks but they have two 3rd Round picks. Perhaps they would trade their second third round pick (#24) for Haynesworth.
5.Carolina – At DT they have, well, um, nobody. But now that Luck will not be in the draft, they should take a DT in the 1st Round. Whether they do or not, they are probably too cheap to pick up Haynesworth’s salary.

McNabb

1.Arizona – Their QB situation is horrible! They may draft a young QB but their team is set up to win now and they are in a weak division. They need a veteran QB. They might want to send their 4th Round pick (#6) to the Skins for McNabb.
2.Minnesota – See Arizona above. They have the #9 pick in the 4th Round.
3.San Francisco – They’ll probably draft a young QB but they might want a vet while the young QB develops. They could use their second 4th Round pick (#18) for McNabb.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Great thread. I'll share my thoughts later this afternoon
Old 01-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yeah I see both being moved...would both be in a package deal be "too crazy" of trade scenario? That would be ideal for a say a Tennessee, Minnesota, Miami or San Fran team...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Shanahan's pissing match with AH, along with AH's character/work ethic have really devalue him as a trade option, however a lot of teams with a 4-3 defense could really use a guy like AH. I think the teams listed by KI are probably the best scenarios for Haynesworth and McNabb. I'll be curious (like someone already mentioned) if a team would take both of them. Although I think AH's best situation would be with Detroit, since Jim Schwartz seems to be the only person able to get anything out of this guy.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

With Ron Rivera going to Carolina, they will more than likely be moving to a 3-4.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
diehard
The Starter

I wish we were closer to the draft but, I'll play along. If Suh was smart, he wouldn't want Haynesworth playing beside him.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
With Ron Rivera going to Carolina, they will more than likely be moving to a 3-4.
Why do you say that? He's coached a 4-3 before.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Only in madden will this play out like we want to. Unfortunately, most teams were not interested in McNabb last year when he was available, so to think they would want him after him having a horrible year is even less likely.

Same with Haynesworth,with how he's acted and the red flags that have been there since his days in Tennessee, no team is going to give up a draft pick AND pay him 5.4 mil. Not when they know they are going to get a guy who's going to half ass it, and dictate to coaches on what downs he wants to play...lol I think our only shot at trading AH has and always will be with Jeff Fisher and the Titans (4th rounder that was offered). The only way this changes is if some big time DT goes down on a contending team and they need somebody bad. (much like we did with Jason Taylor)
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I read a quote from him where he said he planned to stick with the 4-3 because of the personnel that were already in place in Carolina. Imagine that!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
That he is not!

Panthers Coach Ron Rivera Will Stick With 4-3 Scheme
Posted By: BigBlueBruiser 01-11-2011 , 06:28 PM
Panthers new head coach Ron Rivera confirmed Tuesday that he will stick with a 4-3 defensive scheme in Carolina. Rivera used the 3-4 most recently in San Diego, but he's coached both schemes in the past. Though he promised to use "some elements" of the 3-4 in his new defense, key players such as MLB Jon Beason will stay in their comfort zones. River emphasized that his will be an "attacking" defense.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think AH lands in Detroit, he knows that system and coaching staff well.. Suh is there to help free AH and get him more chances to nail QBs..

1. Lions
2. Eagles- I think Philly could really use Haynesworth but would they actually want him on their team?

McNabb- This is tricky, the guy still has a big arm and some mobility. ARZ is the popular choice right now because he has a home there and works out every summer in AZ. Cards have some young QBs that they really like so they may just roll with what they got. I could see Min but now that Chilly is gone I doubt he lands there. Wildcard is Miami IMO, they need a QB and if Chilly becomes their OC I think it would be a perfect it. Solid OLINE, BIG TIME WR, and decent run game..

1.AZ
2. Mia
Old 01-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
I wish we were closer to the draft but, I'll play along. If Suh was smart, he wouldn't want Haynesworth playing beside him.
and why the hell not? SUH and AH would be a great duo IMO
Old 01-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think we'll take at worst a 5th for Haynesworth, otherwise he'll just sit on our bench. I'm not sure Detroit or Carolina are really in the picture and I think the New Orleans ship sailed last year.

Tennessee and Minnesota I would agree are the favorites, my guess is Haynesworth ultimately agrees to give back a portion of his money and we send him home to Tennessee for a 5th and a 6th.

McNabb is tougher to figure out. I could easily see him staying, but at the same time he's easily tradeable and I think if he's not going to start here the Redskins will try to accommodate him.

I don't believe Arizona or Minnesota is really interested in him, nor he in them. I think it will come down to San Francisco or Miami. And I think it will be a 3rd and a 6th or 7th that gets it done.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #14
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

McNabb will be in Arizona
Haynesworth will be back in Tennessee
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
backrow
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
It is very possible, if not probable, that both Haynesworth and McNabb will be traded during the offseason, perhaps just before the NFL Draft. I’m guessing that the Skins will want draft picks in return.

The following are the teams I think might be interested in each player, with the most likely trading partners listed in descending order, and what I think the return for each player might be if he is traded.

I see .................................................. .........................nothing!

Nothing happening here folks. Move along!